Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for My Singing Monsters

Charming, melodic, and genre-bending game for kids, adults.

Parent Written byDanielL 1 February 28, 2015

Now contains unskippable, violent ads

We absolutely loved this game until recently. Both of our boys found it very engaging. Our boys are quite young, and we steer clear of overly violent games, which was part of the appeal of this one. Until the most recent patch, which includes ads that pop up which both can't be skipped and are often for inappropriate content. If they remove this "feature", we'll love it again, but until then we're removing it from our iPad.

Adult Written byEliza17 May 16, 2015

Warning!! Purchases, video ads and app downloads required to advance to higher levels

When we first got this game, I was a fan: it's cute, musical, etc. But recently we found that my son couldn't progress without buying currency ($1 for 500,000 coins), watching ads and/or installing apps for diamonds. The app download choices are bizarre. You earn "diamonds" for downloading apps like twitter, McDonald meal specials, tax filing, games, etc. At a certain point, diamonds are needed for monsters and achieving goals to move to the next level. The one video ad I watched was a 30 second ad for a game app. I watched to find out what is going on with this game and also to see if that would unblock progress. It didn't--by watching the ad, we "earned" a discount on buying coins (double the coins for $1). I don't know whether the game has changed or whether the issue only surfaces at higher levels. I would not have gotten this game had I known this was coming. My son got really into the game, avoided all the ads/downloads/purchases, and then finally got stuck. Bad experience.

Adult Written byjonahw February 2, 2015

This game is for all ages

If you just disable in app purchases this game is for every body

Adult Written bynorashine42 January 12, 2018

horrible game pushes consumerism, and ads are R rated even if player is logged in as a young child

This game is not about music, it is about collecting coins to go shopping. And the quickest way to get coins is to watch ads. The ads are often violent and sexual. My 6 year old saw an ad for an app that started with a bloody body in a bath tub. So, I PAID to not have ads, and she STILL got pushed to see ads. One that was a choose your own SEXUAL adventure. THE WORST. I contacted the company and they said they cannot control the ad content. You can spend 10 minutes collecting 5 coins, or watch an ad to get 100. Every kid will watch the ads.

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byklg April 4, 2015

What Do People Think of web games to earn diamonds?

We loved this initially. Now it is offering diamonds for playing web games. Not sure what these are or whether or not no allow it. Has anyone tried them?
Adult Written bymysingingm September 8, 2015

Amazing game!

<3 this game:) can't believe I only just found out about the free 100 diamonds bonus lol! go to settings then click referral code and use the code 29095854IC only works once though I think but it really helped me out thank youu!:)
Adult Written byGaryB 1 August 26, 2015

Great game

Join my tribe... Friend code: 16397812 CE I have 26 members all non duplicate monsters will be accepted. You may get 5 fee diamonds.

Adult Written byCharlietried August 18, 2015

bugs signing on mean a waist of data on phone contract