Kid reviews for Need for Speed: Shift

Need for Speed: Shift Poster Image

Based on 1 review

Weird entry into the Need for Speed games

I was expecting a lot from Need for Speed Shift. The game doesn't quite have the correct amount of circuit racing balance. Violence is vehicular, cars crash and are shown damaged via cracked windows and scraped paint.

Awesome

Awesome game, I like it a lot better than the street racing ones. It's not violent really at all, like some are saying. It is a little hard for younger players to use.

FINE for any age

i really dont know why this is a pause for 10-17! the game is rated 3+ by pegi and has absolutely no bad language or anything

mediocre at best..

I wasn't particularly a fan of this one. I've played about every NFS game since the 2nd one (NFS 2 se) and I have to say the sim ones are probably the worst of the bunch. The game feels like any other track/sim game, not very challenging, especially since it slows your car at turns, it just gets old... The game does have some good parts, like an in-car camera, lots of nice cars, but thats about it. Everything else feels like Grand Tursimo or Forza.. If your a track racing nut, your probably going to like the game, but if your a street racing, cop evading guy like me, you might wanna pass on this one..

Need for speed shift review

This is an awesome racing game...everyone who likes cars will like this game.

Probably the best NFS arcade/sim racing game since Need For Speed Prostreet.

online is a problem

think about it could a 5 year old whant to play online or story mode for me no he would whant to play with a parent or sibling. now 9+ is a diffrent story they are smart they can go on online but when they see bad words say it's not a word or never say that like my parent would threaten me.

Good for virtually anyone.

It's a really good game.

So good, by it you should!

This is an amazing racing game, and perfect to ease the pain of waiting for the overdue Gran Turismo. The blur you get when in first person is great! it actually makes you think the g-force is pushing your face back! It certainly isn't too easy as your car spins out of control unless you drive very carefully. I didn't like any of the other Need For Speeds but this is very different. Great game, certainly worth buying before GT, great on PS3 and PSP.

Again Online a problem.

When there is online you will get language that is inappropiate for young people. So this could be bad for online, but offline it can also have problems. You get rewarded for bending the rules in racing. Crashing people off track. It is the same with online though. Still rewards for making people fly off or "trading paint" Its ok for 10 year olds offline.