Parent reviews for New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Ingenious remake is a classic for both old, new fans.

Adult Written byLisaG 5 January 19, 2016
Adult Written bybcarri2014 June 12, 2013

Great game to play!

Fun game to play at parties and events. However, people have been known to get really rowdy over the multiplayer aspect of the game, so be careful.

Ease of Play
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 12, 2012

Keep it up Super Mario!

I love the video game New Super Mario Brothers.When I bought the game at Best Buy,I heard some of the people in line praising to game.So I couldn't wait to play! Guess what? When I first played it,I LOVED IT! Awesome levels,and ease of play!
Adult Written byBrioCyrain May 6, 2012

we love it

perfect for my 6 year old
Parent of a 8-year-old Written byvelveta December 23, 2010
Parent of a 6-year-old Written byOhioPest December 8, 2010

MY at the time 5 year old picked up his level of play after a week.

A little bit of a learning curve for a 5 year old but after about a week he was more than adept at the skills needed to play.
Parent of a 5 and 7-year-old Written bySingleMomOf2Boys December 1, 2010

Frustrating for young ones

While the controls are generally easy to master, my youngest gets very frustrated with the game because he can't "do" a lot of the things his older brother can on this game. This can often times lead to fighting between my boys because the older one is able to play a lot faster and better than the younger one and doesn't like to wait for the little one to "catch up." For ages 6 and up, when the hand-eye coordination is a little bit better, this game is a tremendous amount of good, clean fun.
Parent of a 5-year-old Written byhotty12321 September 22, 2010
i love it because it is easy and there is no cursing in the game.that is why i love it.

Educational Value
Parent of a 6-year-old Written bylsdbird September 3, 2010

perfect for my friends

I can't stop Nintendo as New Super Mario Bros. Wii gets my GOTY 2009.
Question will Wii make it five in a row?.
Parent of a 13-year-old Written byohya August 12, 2010
very mild action

Parent of a 5-year-old Written bykelliemejia929 June 6, 2010

Great game but a little frustrating for little ones

My son loves the challenges of this game but it can be frustrating for him at times.
Parent of a 4, 6, and 7-year-old Written bytldangelo April 5, 2010

Great for 7 and up!

I have a 4 year old, 6 year old and 7 year old. The four and six year olds LOVE To watch, but don't seem quite old enough to really play yet. My 7 year old loves it because he can either play with me or by himself! We can't wait for the younger boys to want to play as well!
Parent of a 3 and 5-year-old Written byGroovemarket February 14, 2010

Great game...even for 5 year olds

Everyone in our family loves this game. I highly recommend it. Lots of challenges but not to hard that our preschooler doesn't advance. Huge hit!

Adult Written byEnder Wiggin January 31, 2010

Just a 2D mario game!

Great family game. Nothing to worry about for your kids. Just a 2D mario game!

Parent of a 4, 8, 10, and 12-year-old Written byrachelw January 26, 2010

Great four player game

My kids love it. They play it often and it's a great low on violence inclusive game.

Parent of a 9-year-old Written byNoahsmom2000 December 27, 2009

Mario lives again!

I was thrilled to see this game come out. It's one that myself and my almost ten year old son can play together.It's not difficult to grasp the game and how to do the actions but it does get more difficult as the levels go on.

Parent of an infant, 2, and 5-year-old Written by☆burst December 27, 2009
my 2yr old loves it....my 5yrold cant wait for family time
Parent of a 4 and 6-year-old Written bydskane December 25, 2009

Updated version of the original Super Mario Brothers is fun for everyone

Very similar to Super Mario Brothers on the older Nintendo system. This updated spin on that hugely successful title is very enjoyable for every member of the family to play. Fun for hours of fun. May be difficult or frustrating for some kids under 6 but not inappropriate in any way. One of the best games ever for any system.
Parent of a 14-year-old Written byedgardo95 December 9, 2009