Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Night in the Woods

Rich, witty, emotional narrative adventure; mature themes.

Adult Written byIlovebears June 16, 2018

Night In The Wooooods

This is definitely the game you should be playing. It talks about a 20 year-old cat who drops out of school and goes on adventures with her friends. I am skeptic about the content in the game like LGBTQ+ and some swearing, but I think this game has moral, equality, and good lessons, so I think you should play this game!

Ease of Play
Adult Written byBrandon Espinoza June 18, 2018

Why Night in the Woods is More of an Experience than Simply Just a Video Game

What can I truly say about Night in the Woods? From what I heard, it's the kind of game that is worth experiencing for those who want exploration and tons of dialogue within something that is simply worth investing. As for the zoomorphic cast of characters, mainly Mae, Bea, Gregg, Germ and Angus, they all represent flaws within our own real-life society on a day-to-day basis of what adulthood is all about, and even having some deep, dark, and even borderline morbidly depressing overtones throughout most of the game, to the point of sympathising with each of their own inner struggles, and why they're just relatable to us for teens and young adults respectively. I highly recommend picking up this game, if you're the kind of gamer who enjoys reading text and looking at pretty pictures on screen, as I downloaded the Nintendo Switch version 30% off in the Switch eShop, and it is just worth having of what is essentially a visual novel as a video game, but when you play it, you'll truly see why at the end of everything, hold onto anything.

Ease of Play