Kid reviews for No Man's Sky

Evolving sci-fi tale spans vast galaxy with endless play.

Kid, 10 years old August 21, 2016

Amazing open world exploration game with some violence and complicated gameplay!

Amazing game one of the best games I have ever played. The gameplay is virtually endless theres so much to do and it's so addicting. There is a bit of violence though like animals that can get mad and try to kill you you can also die and laser battles can happen no blood or gore sex drinking smoking or profanity. Amazing game and I recommend it to older kids because it can get violent and it's kind of difficult to use but once you get used to it its much easier.

Kid, 11 years old October 21, 2016

Good game... but little point

When I originally bought this game, I LOVED it. 20 hours play time in my first 2 weeks. But I played, and played but never found much story or excitement. It seems awesome that you can fly anywhere and do anything but then I thought... whats the point. I grew bored and left the game. Not good for gamers who like a story based game. A little violent for children, you can get gunned down by robots and shoot animals for no reason. Pros: 1. HUGE world to explore. 14 quintillion planets to explore and all planet sized. 2. Large scale space battles. You can join space battles and be a vigilante. 3. You can be anything that you want to be. You can be an explorer, a trader or a pirate. 4. Naming planets. You can call a planet anything as long as it is appropriate Cons: 1. No story. For story loving gamers, this game is USELESS. 2. No real ending. Not going to give away the ending but very disappointing. 3. No real combat. All that you can do is shoot animals and robots. 4. Hard to use crafting system. Took me a while to work out how to do things. This concludes my review of No Mans Sky. Hope you found it helpful!

Teen, 14 years old Written bylz.gray September 28, 2016

BORING

This game is extremely boring. I bought it because it got such great pre-release reviews. The game feels unfinished and is just open-world with beautiful graphics. That's about it. It's not any fun to play and it certainly was a waste of money.
Kid, 12 years old October 2, 2016

Fun!

A lot of people have mixed feelings about this game but if you liked spore then you'll like this! Although No Mans Sky doesn't really have a story behind it it's still an enjoyable game! You can explore cool planets, space dog fights, discovering new creatures! Also if you are the first person to discover anything then you can name it! I really think this is a fun survival game! If you like these games you'll most likely enjoy No Mans Sky: -Minecraft -Ark Survival Evolved -Spore -Destiny

Kid, 10 years old November 17, 2017

Something you may not know

The game also has dialogue

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 13 years old Written byardupper October 16, 2016

DO NOT BUY

I bought this game because of how good the developers made it sound, but it is so boring. After about two hours you have done everything the game has to offer. The developers made it out to be so grand space explorer, but honestly its a bland survival game. It can be best summed up by this: No Man's Sky was supposed to be the next big leap for gaming, and it was, except it leaped backwards.
Teen, 15 years old Written byorcathunder16 June 18, 2018

AWESOME GAME!

This is a great game for kids and adults alike, the game will teach good character traits and skills that will help them benefit further into life. For example, kids will learn time management skills and how to plan ahead into the future for things to come.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDavid16 March 14, 2017

Great Game With New Update 1.22 (2017)

I did not buy the No Man's Sky when it was released because of the reviews saying it was boring and had a noninteresting story. But after hearing about Pathfinder update 1.22 and seeing what it had to offer, I bought the game for my PS4 Pro. The game has the same rating, and in my opinion it is a must buy!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMisterMagma January 16, 2017

Great game with mind boggling graphics

This is a beautiful game. From the graphics, to the objectives. I would recommend No Man's Sky to anyone who loves exploring. The only reason I gave it only three stars is because the controls are hard to learn and it took me a while to get used to them.

Kid, 10 years old January 7, 2017

Teen, 13 years old Written byWheatley1 November 2, 2016

Dull game has repetetive gameplay

No mans Sky is a game where you play an interstellar traveler exploring space and communicating with aliens. Sounds fun right, wrong. This game is disappointing and the creator falsely advertised many features. This should probably be an E10+ game because you can kill things with your gun, but there is absolutely no blood and gore
Teen, 15 years old Written byPme1223 February 15, 2019

MY FAVORITE GAME OF ALL TIME!!!!

18 quintillion planets. Infinite freedom. Build. Fight. Discover. Blaze your own trail.

Teen, 15 years old Written byCoolpool785 October 20, 2018

Game is beautiful and endless, but boring and has little to do

Like Absolver, No man's Sky has some of the most beautiful graphics and designs I have ever seen in a video game, but also lacks substance and fun in it. Unlike Absolver you can actually explore entire freaking PLANETS and GALAXIES! But it lacks anything fun to do on those said galaxies and planets. I am hoping the updates will make it better, since right now it's rather boring. Controls are rather easy, but there aren't any tutorials, so you will need to learn them. Not much violence except for shooting robots, space pirate ships, and alien creatures. You can die in the game, but nothing graphic at all. Honestly, it is very boring and only fun for a few minutes. But it is rather cool graphic wise.

Kid, 12 years old August 18, 2018

Super Fun!

It starts out really dull, and I'd quit it. but then I pulled it out again, got my parent to help me, and played. And it was fun! I'd built a complete base and was getting ready to build another at a different planet when someone contacted me (as part of the story-line,) and sent a distress signal. (well I shouldn't spoil it [BTW this is after all the updates]) It's just really fun, and I'm aware it has lots of mixed feelings coming from players, but if exploration is your thing, check it out! It has 18 quintillion planets!!