Kid reviews for Octopath Traveler

Octopath Traveler Poster Image

Based on 1 review

One of my favorite video games

Octopath Traveler is an amazing game about 8 different characters and their separate storylines. Some tales are heartwarming, like Tressa’s journey to become “the best darn merchant ever” and Ophilia going on a pilgrimage so her adoptive sister Lianna can stay with her father while he’s sick. However, there are some pretty heavy moments, including Primrose’s chapter 2 (I don’t think I can even talk about that at length here), Darius pushing Therion off of a cliff (Therion survives), Cyrus investigating a literal blood cult, and the “riveting” design of the secret final boss. Great game with simple controls, but not for younger audiences.

1 person found this helpful.

Subversive, Immersive and... third adjective that ends with "ive", this game has so much to give!

Legit, this game has so much good stuff. It's huge and open but easy to explore, its combat is simple and easy(too easy for me because I grinded way too much), but deep ,its characters and voice acting are AMAZING, its music is phenomenal and the game is just filled with choices, side quests and stuff to do even after you've beaten your main character's fourth chapter. Now, you might be wondering "Why did you rate this game 14+ but rated something like Fire Emblem:Three Houses 13+?" Well, here's why. While Fire Emblem has some pretty dark stuff, it also has plenty of goofy characters and jokes as well as a generally relaxed atmosphere outside of battle. In Octopath, there are jokes and silly scenarios too, but there are less of them and they aren't voice acted, so they give less of an impact. Really, that's my biggest problem. The characters should spend more time together and their conversations need to be voice acted. This game also has slightly more mature content than Fire Emblem(I hate you so much,Helgenish!) But teens will definitely be alright playing this and might even enjoy it just as much as I did.

Just got Cyrus!!!!!

This game is a must have for the Switch. Whatever the innuendos are, they will go right over kids heads. There is no blood or gore AT ALL (only flashes of golden light replicate weapons). There is some swearing. However, there are a few things. The cutscenes are way too long. Also, the boss fights are too long (the final boss takes 40 minutes). However, it's a great game. You should start with Ophelia the cleric and work your way in a circle. I just got Cyrus the Scholar/wizard. If you have a Switch, buy it. Five stars!!!!!! ;) Edit: now I completed the whole game. Watch out for Miguel! That little beep killed me seven times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s mainly fine expect for very hard gameplay at times