Kid reviews for Okami (Wii)

Okami (Wii) Poster Image

Amazing, Worth the Time and Money.

- This game is by far my favorite game of all time. There's simply no other way to put it. I should really start off with the storyline – you play the game as the reincarnation of Shiranui: Okami Amaterasu. You're a sun god/goddess (the game doesn't depict what gender you are, I believe, but in the sequel, Okamiden, Amaterasu is Chibiterasu's MOTHER) and you don't have all 13 brush techniques : techniques that are used for various things, some used in battle and some used to help you on your quest or helping others. Prepare for a long, beautiful, engrossing adventure with deep scenes, epic fights, awesome characters, and overall a good time. The characters – Let me tell you this, the characters are AMAZING. Each and every one from the main characters to the side characters that you might just ignore are developed in a way that they each have their own personality. • Amaterasu; the goddess you play as. You don't speak, but your face pretty much says it all. Nicknamed "Ammy", since Issun finds your name too long, Ammy is pretty much the natural lapdog, with the somewhat awkward disposition and funny faces and cocky movements, but she can be a real bad-butt when she needs to. xD // Pro-tip: when completing the game and you wanna replay it, you should really play in the game file you saved in whence beating the game! Issun gave you "gifts" like the karmic transformers that change Ammy's look and sound of bark. (You get more every time you beat the game, there is a limit, though.) • Issun; the little sprite, a poncle, who joins you on your journey. Issun Boshi, "the wandering artist", and so on, is from an old Japanese legend, but I'm not dwelling into that. You'll find that most of the game is based on Japanese legends, which I personally find cool. *Parental Warning: Issun is what you might call a "pervert". It doesn't get too extreme, but when you first meet him, he had been sitting in Sakuya's cleavage. Don't worry though, it doesn't get any worse, though there IS a scene with Rao (a character you'll meet later in the game) who has big breasts which bounce (a lot) and he falls on the ground with floaty hearts. Lil perv. But that's no reason to not buy the game, I mean, a lot of guys can get that way, right? They ARE guys and it IS just a game. From Japan. Sum it up. But all in all, an adorable character

It's great.

Okami is a pretty good game.

Amazing game, makes me cry every time.

Okami is a beautiful game that is tied in with Japanese culture and mythology. It comes with emotion, action, and comedy. It is set up almost like a movie, and is EASILY the best video game I have ever played. You play as the Japanese goddess, Amaterasu, who is played as a wolf. 100 years prior to the setting of the game, Amaterasu died, and was reborn as a wolf goddess to defeat evil that is spreading over the land. Throughout the game you gain powers and abilities, and in the end you fight off the god of all villians with these powers. Marked for violence because some of the monsters are somewhat creepy, and in the beginning of the gameplay an eerie sound of overlapping voices is often heard. Marked for sex b

Artistic and unique game

Okami is a game that can never fall from first place in my rankings of video games. After living in Japan for some time and craving to see more after moving back, I found myself adoring this game. Heck, I may even be obsessed- over the course of three or four years, I have played through this game 15 times. (Call me a nerd all you want. :P) Okami has stunning graphics that seem like they jumped right off of a scroll, though they may glitch every once in a while. The combat on minions is slightly repetitive,  but there are 15 separate weapons you switch around to spice it up a bit. Bosses are easy to understand, yet never feel old. One of the absolute best traits of this entire game is the soundtrack- it has traditional Japanese instruments in it to create a wordless, yet powerful, atmosphere for an already amazing game. So, who do you play as and where are you? You're Amaterasu (pronounced Ah-mah-tel-ahs), a sun goddess of Japanese religion, having taken on the form of a white wolf with crimson markings that only believers can see. You have a weapon on your back called a Divine Instrument- there are 15 different weapons from 3 branches. You can summon a whopping 13 godly powers with your Celestial Brush - which is, in fact, your tail - starting with making the sun come out and drawing dots in the sky to make stars appear. You're in the demon-infested Nippon, which is basically ancient Japan, so dont start running around looking for TVs and refrigerators. Moving on to the less likable traits for people my age, Okami has you running around as a wolf.. with a flea - I mean, inch-tall wandering artist - on your head named Issun. He's not that obnoxious, but he will flirt with every beautiful woman in the game, one of which has a large... chest. This leads to a few cringe-worthy scenes that you may want to skip after your first play through. (There are no true references to anything too inappropriate besides a few innuendos by that "bug", which come along only a few times in the game.) There are several references to sake, a type of Japanese rice wine, but the only instances of drunken people are them being motivated for sword-training or doing a silly dance that helps a huge tree bloom. A side note: Okami's difficulty actually isn't that hard once you get the hang of things, but there are many, many collectibles (things that change your appearance and a collection of hidden/hard-to-obtain beads that give you an amazingly game-breaking prize at the end) to add replay value to the game... and let me tell you, it can be HARD. I won't try to spoil everything for you, though.. Finally, there is some violence in Okami. There are a couple of scrolls (shown during cutscenes with excellent attention to accuracy) that depict bloodied characters on their way to the afterlife or blood-streaked demons, but usually there isn't anything too gory. Overall, I highly recommend Okami to those that enjoy art, creativity and puzzles, and want to get out of their usual video gaming routine. If you like to complete everything 100%, be prepared to play the game at least two times.

THE best game. EVER.

This game is a pure masterpiece, with beautiful graphics, powerful story, memorable and lovable characters, shocking plot twists, and much, much more. The story revolves around the god of sunlight, Okami Amaterasu (known as Ammy to some) to take on an evil freed after 100 years trapped in a stone tomb. There is little blood, except when shown in the (beautiful) hand-drawn cutscene pictures. Players will encounter plenty of innuendoes, such as busty women and revealing clothes, including a smart-mouthed, comical relief of a pint-sized partner named Issun who flirts lightly with girls, making funny yet crude references such as "stacked to the ceiling," "spending time in her kimono," "path to you-know-where," and more. There are many other characters you will come to love, from the cocky yet heroic Susano, the playful and mysterious pretty-boy Waka, the-stubborn half-man, half-beast-warrior-with-an-attitude Oki, and many more. What's more, almost all the events, characters, and places are based off some sort of theme in Japanese mythology and folklore, which should appeal right away to anyone that has a knack for mythology. Players may be surprised with the sudden twist to the storyline near the final boss and near the end, which to me felt like a slap in the face. Never had I experienced a game with such moving moments, compassion, or shocks. The moments between the final battle and the end are enough to make a grown man cry, with me being no exception (no other game has made me cry before). I was so shocked, and I guarantee that you will be too. This game has moving moments similar to those in a sad movie such as Les Miserables, only with (much) less drama. I would suggest this game to anyone looking for a change of pace with beautiful moments and art style, humor, a deep story, or something that just screams "Zelda" at every turn. Okami is a true gem that finds a way above those stupidly violent FPS games and will always earn a special spot in your heart. A true work of art, as well as a must-have. Okami is a masterpiece. A beautiful, humorous, touching, heart-wrenching, magical masterpiece.

Video Game? More Like A Work of Art!

Okami for the Wii is an AMAZING game. There's no other way to put it. I have recently started playing the game and it has absolutely STUNNING graphics and a STUNNING soundtrack. It has minor violence, some maybe revealing outfits and some drinking. Also, the controls are also a little hard to grasp at first. Still, this is a great game in the end and DEFINITELY worth your money.

Okami

A really fun game for Wii. It is kind of like a Epic Mickey for older kids. You can use your celestial brush for good and restoring life and the land around you, but you can kill and destroy with it too. Some language like hell.Characters drink sake. A elder smokes a pipe

One of my favorite games in the whole wide world of gaming

I first played it on the PS2 around the time it was released in the US. Even though the controls weren't as good as on the Wii, I still found the game very enjoyable. I loved being able to roam free across the land, going at an incredible speed and being able to control and modify many of my surroundings. It's an all for one bundle; it's got a heap of joy, peace, comedy, mystery, fun, impact, and action. The characters are lovable and each one of them is unique and cast a different vibe. When something new happens in the game, most NPCs have their dialogue updated so they don't seem like they're completely unaware and repeat the same thing over and over like most other games. There are a lot of different things you can do and explore in the game. You can blow up, burn, freeze, electrocute, cut, and put water on many things and NPCs. You can also do things like bloom trees, make the sun or moon rise, or rejuvenate broken things. You can feed animals, do tasks for certain people, go exploring for treasure, go fishing, race with mailmen, etc. There are also unlockables, and if you get the PS2 version there's a credits screen. In the game, there isn't much blood. When there is blood, it hardly looks like blood unless you look at the monster illustrations in the menu which are a lot scarier looking than the 3D models. Anyway, it's a really unique and fun game and everyone with a Wii or PS2 should get it.

Amazing All Around

This is a fantastic game, delving kids into a solid world called Nippon, based directly off of Japanese Mythology. Almost every character has some root in the mythology of Japan, and kids can learn quite a bit about a very interesting country. The gameplay is easy to learn but hard to master, and you'll have hours of fun trying to pull of combos and moves. The characters (Except for the villains, that is) all mean well, but like any normal person have their faults, making them great characters with quite a bit of depth. The dialogue is entertaining and will bring quite a few laughs, particularly that of your one-inch sidekick, the Wandering Artist Issun. The main character herself, Amaterasu, is a sun god taking the form of a white wolf, with the power to alter the world around her using a magical brush, the Celestial Brush. The brush is legitimately useful, and you'll find yourself hanging on the edge of your seats for the next powerful ability - some are as simple as blooming flowers and making a waterspout, others can change day into night and create infernos. The puzzles can be challenging, but not unreasonably so, and the game's few faults (such as the sometimes infuriating ball-pushing physics and digging mini-games) are far outweighed by the great points: The art style is beautiful, influenced by Japanese woodblock prints and paintings, the music is well-orchestrated and always fits the mood, and the characters are so entertaining, it would be a pity to miss it.