Parent reviews for Payday 2: Crimewave Edition

Decent but very violent shooter plagued with tech issues.

Adult Written byJames_Ss June 9, 2020

Perfect for 12 year olds

Now, I'm a parent of an 8, 11 and a 13-year-old. My 13-year-old son plays this frequently, My 11-year-old loves to watch him play and occasionally I watch him. Let's just start off with the language. In terms of language, it isn't so bad and my 11-year-old son has played worse, such as The Divison series, Call of Duty and Assassins Creed.

Now here is the main problem I faced; Narcotics, there are quite a fair amount of narcotics which are sold for money BUT I think it's fine, given that people at this age are taught about narcotics and how they are bad for your health, they are also exposed to new sources and such which also reveal a lot about narcotics. So if your child is mature enough I think that you should let them have a go.

Violence wise, quite a fair amount but not straying too far from the amount in a standard FPS.

In general, I think this is suitable as some sort of present/gift for people 12 years and up.

Adult Written bydpadmanabha March 23, 2016

Safe Community

Parent of a 13 and 16-year-old Written bybestmomever123 March 8, 2016

Game Is Good

I think that payday 2 is a violent game, But I saw my kids work together to complete the mission

Adult Written byHunter Hearst H... May 22, 2021

People rating this 16+ are the people who ruin there children by oversheltering

While you do steal drugs occasionally, there never actually seen or used. This is given more proof by ON THE RATING it says DRUG REFRENCE. Not Drug Use. The gore and blood. Blood does NOT GO EVERY WHERE. It is NO WHERE NEAR as bad as Call Of Duty. There's a little bit when you shoot someone. And it don't even look real. It's like you threw Kool Aid at them. There's no gore. According to IMDb, there's TWO parts where you have to A: be a certain character, B: Use a certain weapon and C: it has to be against one specific character. I have not yet found a single thing like that in the game, and i doubt a kid will go out of his way to find it. There is alot of cussing tho. Also, it's EXTREMELY cooperative. If you don't have friends who play, or at LEAST some sort of team, you could be screwed on the larger scale heists. But it does encourage team work. Also, you can kill civilians. But you get HEAVY penaltys. I've lost more than half my paycheck, because a rouge grenade blew up a few civilians. (Which, once again, no gore, and little blood. They just go ragdoll like Goat Simulator)

Edit: i came back to offer more detail.
Language 5/5 the worst part is the AI cusses CONSTANTLY especially Jimmy (f***Ing shield! Cloaker c**t dead! F***Ing cloaker! F***King dozer! Basically all of Jimmys call outs have a swear in them, especially if he announced he killed or spotted a special enemy. He even swears when a drill breaks)

Drugs: 3/5 you mainly steal coke. However there is three missions where you cook meth. However, only in one (Cook Off) are you REQUIRED. Also, it does not tell you how to cook it. You grab three chemicals, and then "pour it in" you legit just hold down the RB, and it happens.

Blood n gore: 3/5 the gore is only if you use Jiro, (,DLC heister) and kill a Cloaker with a full charged Katana swing (which is almost impossible) if you do this, they head pops off, but it is super hard, due to the nature of cloakers.

Sex: 2/5 some nude artwork in an art Gallery (only two heists however) but it's all censored.

Consumerism: Yea it's a lot of DLC. However, don't buy it on Console, as it's not worth it, you'll pay too much for a game that don't get updates. Instead by the Legacy and Silk Roads collection on Steam. It's SIXTY BUCKS. For DLC that costs alone OVER 200$.

One last thing. You don't extract coke out of a goats butt. That guy was tripping. And to the same guy who took a shot at me saying "Oh ThE pAyOuT oUtWeIgHs AnY pEnAlTiEs CaUsEd By KiLinG cIvIlIaNs" no, it doesn't. Not only do you lose MASSIVE amounts of money, it also removes an extremely valuable asset. And literally NO ONE "clears out rooms with grenades and chainsaws" THERE AINT EVEN CHAINSAWS IN THIS GAME. And brains don't splatter everywhere. In fact, BRAINS DONT SPLATTER AT ALL. That man was tripping and playing the WRONG game. He was prolly playing GTA and got high on some reefer and came down here.

Adult Written byHelloIAmhereToHelp March 4, 2021

A lot of swearing, but this game applies teamwork to complete the objective.

Now, PAYDAY 2 is infested with errors, funny ragdolls, weird things happening, but it is a good game, the "heisters" say a ton of curses, but this game is heavily relied on teamwork, while your team shoots at the baddies, more so known as the cops, you work the objective, this is a good game if you want your teamwork skills to be better, it may be a heisting game, but it sure is fun to see ragdolls getting stuck in walls. Also don't forget the game has drugs, the illegal ones

Adult Written byFortnite Man February 1, 2021

Great Game

You may think this game is a violent, inappropriate game. It isn't, blood is minimal and it is pretty much Rainbow Six Siege solo missions. Promotes teamwork.

Adult Written byJbcghhg October 20, 2020

This game is soo bad and not for kids

Its a game so broken that causes fustration and some disgusting scenes
Adult Written byortega1245 October 5, 2020

its ok

i tried it with some friends it not realistic f bomb every 2 mins but its ok dont get goat simualor heist it alot more graphic

Adult Written byP4nd4_h4m June 16, 2020

One of my favourite co op games

Payday 2 is a Co op fps inwich you Rob Banks and do criminal stuff but it is not like gta and there is no sex there are drugs but you only steal them and you never see anyone take them the only bad thing you actually see is blood and shooting but the graphics are not very good and the blood is not very realistic ohh and they say the f word every 2 seconds but you hear worse in school. I recommend having friends to play with you because some missions can be tedious on yourbown

Adult Written byannika I. June 12, 2020

It's violent, but...

The blood is unrealistic and the swearing is nothing more than what children hear out of their parents. While there is some suggestive content, and also drug references, no child under the age of 8 will get it, and it will fly right over their heads. However, I still think that it would be best if the game was left for teenagers. This game is really fun, and if you have a teenager who likes shooters, I would recommend you buy it for them. (also, the music is f**king amazing in the game, this has nothing to do with the game, but whatever)

Adult Written byi am an adult yes April 28, 2020

Not Violent

i dont know why people are so conserned about this game, it builds teamwork and is just not as violent as most modern games.

Adult Written bySandra_hay March 14, 2020

Violent but ok for children 9 and up

People think that children know nothing and can’t handle games including drugs, violence and strong language. And most ages up to 9 years old can’t. But children can handle the game since it does not relate to any sexual content inside of the game. Besides, they will not rob a bank after they play, it’s ok.

Adult Written byJejsjsn January 20, 2020
Has drugs, not that violent.
Lot of swearing but it’s okay as your kid is old enough.

Parent of a 8-year-old Written byKill Bill vol .1 August 4, 2019

I love this game

Kids can handle things, we think our kids are snowflakes nowadays. Although, you should teach your kids online manners and it's not ok to do drugs and rob a bank.

Adult Written bycakecakecake July 16, 2019

not that bad

Adult Written byMiranda_sunday December 28, 2018

It's okay parents!

My son (he is 11) has been begging for this game for a few months now and I finally agreed to buy it for him as a Christmas present. I have been cautious and have watched him play for the last few days and found out that the game isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. There isn't anything sexual and he already knew the bad words that you will hardly recognize anyway. There are drugs in the game but there are drugs in insomniac's Spiderman. You are punished for hurting civilians but you do have to do cops but let's be honest, do you think your kid will end up killing and robbing banks from playing a silly videogame? If your child is 11-12 and wants it I think it will be perfectly fine.
Adult Written byDank Memes Kid November 5, 2018

Very great game

Although I don't own the game. I still find Payday 2 to be a very great game by watching gameplay on YouTube. Despite the fact you run around, rob banks, kill law enforcement, produce illegal substances, and a whole TON of cursing in this game. Killing civilians/hostages is optional although the heist contractors highly advise players to refrain from killing civilians/hostages and there is a harsh penalty (by losing in-game currency) if you do. For all parents hesitating about getting this game for your kids, keep in mind that it's 100% not real (police are dumb and can be taken hostage by just yelling at them), and think if your children can handle the violence in the game and definitely won't reproduce this in reality. Although there are a lot of DLCs that cost $70.34 altogether (including map packs, weapon packs, and character DLCs), but most DLCs cost $0.99 or $1.99. Lastly, this game is WAAYYY more suitable for younger audiences than games like GTA.

Parent Written byDaSmoothGamer D. May 31, 2018
I watched my kids play it at first but i was scared by the language and that but all i heard was f'''k and s'''t but my kids hear that everyday at high school there is a bit of blood when you shoot people but i think its fine. i also liked how my kids worked together to complete this mission.
Adult Written byDrew S. April 1, 2018

A great game that is highly recommended

This game has been one of my favorites for a long time. It has an awesome twist on first person shooters. Although this game is violent and not to mention very bloody it is an outstanding game and is for surely a classic. In this game you can rob banks, loot people’s stuff, steal drugs and destroy stuff. All of these things give payday it’s specialness and ability to stand out in the crowd. Although these things are terrible and should never be repeated doing these crimes makes the game fun and makes it stay fun for a long time. It gets boring playing games like call of duty all of the time and this is not like one of those games. The soundtrack really makes the game amazing too it has awesome songs that will make your blood pump and make you want to play the game more just to listen to it. I love that this game has no sex barely any language and No nudity. It dose have lots of violence and drug use but most of that is from the Scarface pack. This game packed cool masks too! There is tons of customization on your mask and weapons. You can add skins, patterns and most importantly chose which mask or gun you want because there are so many options it’s cool. This game also has lots of cool add ons from movies such as reservoir dogs, John wick (a favorite!!) Hardcore Henry and Scarface it adds so many new maps and possibilities. You can also play any style you want you can snipe go heavy go stealthy go in with melee weapons or just go in guns blazing. This game is fun it’s thrilling and really it makes you learn teamwork because it’s hard to do it on your own!!

Adult Written byLarry T. February 28, 2018
There is an option to turn off blood which removes any reason of an M rating there fore this game isnt gorey and not very realistic