Parent reviews for Persona 5 Royal

Persona 5 Royal Poster Image

Great for teens and adults

I gave this to my 12 year old for his birthday and he was very happy. Would recommend to teens and adults.

1 person found this helpful.

Good Game

Its a great game for all ages but i think kids around 10+ only should play this

A good game ok for most kids depending on how mature they are.

A Rare Masterpiece, Persona 5 Royal Navigates Very Heavy Issues with Finesse While Being Fun & Stylistic.

The original Persona 5 was already one of the best games in modern history and the Royal version not only adds many quality of life features, it also adds significantly to an already amazing story. Though it deals with very dark issues including dealing with the death of a parent/sibling, sexual abuse, blackmail, worker exploitation and many more deep issues, Persona 5 Royal navigates these subjects with finesse that's rarely seen in the gaming industry. I see this game as an amazing tool to teach teenagers how to deal with the difficulty of the world and overcome overwhelming obstacles. It may take 100 hours to play but it gives the game time to fully develop while tackling such heavy topics in one of the most enjoyable ways possible.

A gaming masterpiece to enjoy some alone time. I sometimes let my kid play too.

I believe that this game is fine for children, as long as they know enough about certain topics, and know that it’s not okay to do any of the stuff the antagonists do, if you child is on the younger side, you could set some boundaries, like only taking the friend option in female confidants, and sometimes playing in front of you.

Excellent, fun, interesting game

My niece walked me through playing this game at the beginning, as parts of it are complex, and also I'm not very good at video games :) but I played a bunch of it, and my niece told me that I was now about 1/10 done. I was excited! It is a lot lot lot of fun and interesting and somewhat open world. There are social contact situations that help you level up. Combat is turn-based, which is not my favorite, but it's nice to have time to think. There are profound moral choices to ponder, awkward high-school situations to deal with, and dating (het only) possibilities to consider. But there is also this wonderful unknown alternate universe and a growing group of supportive friends. Pretty great.

Evil game that looks innocent at first.

Avoid this game if You are Christian. It views the world from the perspective of the devil. The final boss is supposed to be a false god, but would appear to be taking a swipe at the real God. More proof of this is before that you must kill 4 of the Archangels one of them being Michael. The devil in this game is a persona called lucifer who is referred to as "The judge of all things". Avoid this garbage like the plague!

Every family should play this

This game has everything for the whole family. Sure, there is heavy language and sex references , (and an arc that implied a girl was raped) but the good overweighs the bad. Each phantom thief is a great role model that all kids can look up to. Also, this game overall has a great message. It’s that nothing will change in the world unless you make it change, which is a great message for kids. 10/10, every family should play this