Kid reviews for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy

Moderately violent courtroom drama with positive role model.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 17 years old Written bysaibhandari January 3, 2015

My favourite game series!

I personally started on the first game aged 10, but even then I feel as though it would depend on the individual to judge on ages. I'd say definitely suitable for 13 years olds and likely suitable for those aged 10 and above but not for those below. The game plots tend to involve murder and corruption, however these are never portrayed as good and as the main character you aim to clear up any doubts about your usually innocent client and find the true villain! In terms of gameplay there is a lot of reading involved and choosing the right option can sometimes be highly frustrating! Blood is occasionally shown but it's not very realistic. Characters are bright and funny, often with puns for names. Some female characters are overly busty however nothing more than size is ever portrayed. There are fantasy elements (spirit mediums anyone?) and these often tie into the most sinister of cases. Overall it's a highly enjoyable game for people who enjoy reading and watching a story unfold. The characters make this game because of their wackiness. The game is full of great role models and messages, however for younger kids, the murders may be a little too much.

Teen, 13 years old Written byFrank_Gone_Mad January 6, 2016

Wow!

What an amazing game! You got to respect a company that makes games like this. Just imagine a world where Grand Theft Auto was replaced with Phoenix Wright! (I don't play Grand Theft Auto). Players can investigate a crime scene, and play as a defense attorney. The story of each case keeps the player excited to figure out each case. This game also presents the reasons why lying is wrong. When 1 lie is made, more lies will come to protect the first lie. A game worth your time! HOWEVER, mild language appears, such as the 'D' and 'P' words. And some animated blood appears on screen, the blood I think is ok for children to handle, but the language could be a problem.

Teen, 17 years old Written bySalsander August 17, 2015

A fun detective game for teens!

The Phoenix Wright Trilogy reminds me of a typical TV-PG crime show like Psych or Monk. The plot involves a pretty serious case, but the zany and heartwarming characters make the show much less dark. That's how the Phoenix Wright series feels. There are some pretty dark cases that mostly involve murder, but they are offset by the cartoonish visuals and over-the-top (in a good way) characters. Murders mostly happen off screen. There is blood occasionally at a crime scene, but it's a very small amount that's generally used as evidence. Some characters are threatened by the villains with weapons. Other than mild references to violence, the anime exaggerates the characters bodies. There are some female characters with very low-cut appeal. A lot of the men are unrealistically muscular. Lastly, it's important to note that this game requires a lot reading and deductive reasoning, so a level of maturity and patience is required. It's a rewarding game though with hilarious and memorable characters.

Kid, 11 years old December 3, 2016

Comedic, sometimes slightly dark courtroom drama

Personally, I played this game series back in 2015 when I was 10, and it's fine. The swearing is minimal, the role models are amazing, has great messages, and it'll help your kids to learn about real world problems and help them solve problems themselves using their brains. The violence is so low, even I was surprised. Black and white crime photos and minimal in-color investigations covers up the more violent murders and make the others so tame, it's almost nothing. The only one I get even slightly surprised at was the final one in Case 5 of PW:AA 1, where someone got impaled on a knight's sword, but it's very important evidence, so it's not useless. Overall, the game's fine as long as your kid's not very queasy.

Kid, 12 years old March 17, 2015

BEST GAME EVER!!!! MUST BUY, IF YOU DON'T, YOU'RE MISSING OUT!!!

I'm serious. This is the best game ever that has ever existed. This game will blow your mind like no other game. If you don't mind reading a lot, I say don't think and GO BUY IT NOW. This game is sort of like reading a long, hilarious, but also mind-blowing and at some places super sad book with an intricate and twisting plot and characters that you will fall in love with, e.g. Miles Edgeworth. So it's basically a visual novel. I swear that you will both laugh and cry when you play this game. This game also has incredible educational value. It teaches you that no matter what circumstances, justice has to be served, or that you should never give up till the bitter end, or that you have to believe in miracles. Stuff like that. I swear that I have become a better person after finishing this game. So l demand you go and buy it now. GO. If you don't, then, I will only say, OBJECTION! IMPORTANT REMINDER: Never, ever play with the sound turned off. You will miss out on, like, probably the BEST part of this game.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTeen Movie Lover April 1, 2018

Just play it already!

This is one of the best values currently on the 3DS E-Shop, as it’s three great games for $30. Violence consists of a few blood stains and a few dead people in pictures, but that’s about it. Swearing is virtually not present, just an occasional “hell” and “damn” really only in the first game. Sex isn’t a problem for the most part, just some skimpy/sexualized outfits but this was made in Japan. Oversexualizing things is something that happens quite a bit there. There’s also one character who smokes a pipe. Role models are excellent and the stories are very engaging. Play it. Seriously. Like, right now.

Kid, 12 years old December 22, 2018

Honest Ace Attorney Review

This HD collection of the original 3 ace attorney games is great. It has mild violence with blood but no gore. It also has VERY mild swears (damn, heck, etc). This game is just great in general and is a blast!