Parent reviews for Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2

Weird cartoonish multiplayer shooter grows fun for all ages.

Adult Written byworried father March 23, 2016

what!

how can people rate this 10 + its completely appropriate for every one

Positive messages
Adult Written byCoolDad1316 May 24, 2016

Okay, but a little repetitive.

This game is barely a step up from GW1. Just adds new characters, a few new gamemodes, and new GUI and calls it a sequel. Still, it's not too bad. A little expensive too, if you ask me.

Privacy & safety
Parent of a 4, 6, and 9 year old Written byElizabeth R. January 1, 2018

My kids adore this game!

This was purchased for my 9 year old son, but my 6 year old daughter picked it up quickly and easily. It's literally the title - you're a plant, destroying zombies in your garden. It's really silly. There is nothing offensive here, other than the shooting of the zombies. Even that is hardly bad, there is no blood, pain, or gore. It's a lot like Looney toons in the silliness department. I don't like the in game purchases, but those are unavoidable these days. No language or thematic issues. I would let any child old enough to play video games try it.

Parent of a 8 year old Written byronansuperman December 30, 2016
Adult Written byEdward S. July 24, 2017

It doesn't take itself too seriously, I love that

The game is silly and fun full of humor and lots of loony toons like violence, making it great for people just trying to have a good time. Game modes are simple to understand and there is no penalty for playing with bots rather than real players. Just a really fun game that will make anyone laugh, seriously in what other game is smacking the enemy with softball sized peas a valid tactic?

Adult Written byMad G. March 4, 2018

It is very violent

Positive messages
Privacy & safety
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byMarc M. May 21, 2018

Shooter (FPS) without blood or killing - entertaining for kids and safe

The shooting takes place in the garden, the zombies are not terrifying kids but look " funny and dumb". There is no reference to killing or dying, excellent for kids looking to shoot things without the violence references. It's very good for hand-eye coordination.

Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byMorgan D. February 24, 2018

"Consumerism" rating should be way higher.

My kid always wants to spend his real money on micro-transactions in this game, a LOT of money has been wasted on virtual junk. The base of the game is super fun though.