Kid reviews for Pokémon FireRed/Pokémon LeafGreen

Revisit the original world of Pokémon.

Teen, 16 years old Written byZook Light October 11, 2019

A Gameboy classic is back with gambling

I rated it 7+ because the game may be too hard and confusing for some kids. Children need to be smart and know how to read for a game like this. However Pokémon can introduce children to RPGs and let them know how other games differ from RPGs. Just a warning that you might encourage your kids to gamble if they play this game and you need to be a good role model by NOT gambling yourself. Oh and Lavender Town Syndrome might give your child suicidal thoughts, cause their ears to bleed, make them incredibly violent and generally be vulnerable to their Gamboy Advance possessing them.

Disclaimer: Nothing I ever said that was related to Lavender Town Syndrome is true. Lavender Town Syndrome is actually just a horror rumor made up from the internet that everyone believed in. It is not real.

Teen, 14 years old Written byThatboioverthere January 9, 2019

It got gambling

Even though this is geared towards kids we do need to keep in mind that it does contain gambling.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySamzhere November 24, 2018

Good for everyone

Pokemon Firered / Leafgreen is a great game for children who have never played Pokemon before as it is very hand holding.
The whole game is centered around fighting and there is a casino in the game that you can play for prizes

Teen, 14 years old Written byWindindi September 30, 2013

Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen

These games are really amazing! Even though they are old(ish), they are really fun to play!

Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 June 22, 2013

Really good video game.

I really like the Pokémon video games. The show WAS good when it started, but then it went downhill RAPIDLY. The Pokémon video games are still good. In this game, the levels are really easy. I also like the graphics and the animation.
Kid, 10 years old February 15, 2013

good

A bit childish, very fictional, but over all good game, (I get addicted when i battle
cyrus in ss ;)

Teen, 13 years old Written byninjaumbreon1 January 12, 2012

One of the Best Pokemon Games

It is a remake of the original Pokemon Red. I think it great for younger kids as well as teens and adults. Usually older kids are more strategic and the younger kids just play. I loved pokemon red as well as FireRed and LeafGreen.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymadelineshadowrose January 1, 2012

addictive

This was my first pokemon game I loved its and proudly logged in 200 hours in it;).
This game is basically the original games: Pokemon Red, Green and Blue , with redone sprites and updated movesets for the Pokemon the story is well done.

Kid, 11 years old August 20, 2011

Good for three year olds(if they can learn the controls)

I like R/S/E (ruby sapphire emerald) more, but this is still really fun. Leaf Green was also my first pokemon game. For the violence, there is nothing to worry about. Pokemon dont spray blood when they get hit or anything, you just see them move a couple steps towards the other pokemon and the other poke's health bar go down.
Kid, 8 years old July 6, 2011

GREAT!

Nothing Wrong, Just Some Violence, And THERE IS NO LANGUAGE BECAUSE THEY DO NOT TALK IN THIS GAME. NOR SEXUAL CONTENT.

Kid, 11 years old June 26, 2011

perfect for all ages

i think there is nothing wrong with the game. i have been playing it since i was 5 and i am 11 now. my 7 year old brother loves this game. hes played it since he was 3. i think its appropriate for all ages
Teen, 13 years old Written bySweetDisposition February 24, 2011

One of the best Pokemon games to date.

I do have a bit of a bias toward this game, because it was my first venture into the world of Pokemon, and Nintendo made games.
I first played this game when I was 6, and I picked up on the concept quite easily. This game blew my little 6 year old mind away. As far as GBA graphics go, they were very nice. Pokemon has a pick up and play nature, perfect for a handheld device.
This game is a remake (or revamp) of Pokemon red and blue, the original games in the series. This game starts at the very beginning in Pallet Town, with all the original 151 pokemon catchable (well, except Mew). As a 6 year old to now I've logged about 70 hours into the game, but it took me nearly 30 to beat the main game because I wanted to see every nook and cranny of Kanto. Playing the game now, it takes me about 6 hours to beat.
So, in short, if your child has a ds with a gba slot, get them this game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarkSoul1997 November 2, 2010

The perfect game for a junior pokemon fan

Pokemon FireRed was my first Pokemon game and it really got me interested in Pokemon. Also, I can't wait till Pokemon Black and White come out! I would recommend this to anyone at the minimum 6-7 years old.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymkalv October 23, 2010

Pokemon

This game i a decent RPG. For Pokemon fans.

Kid, 10 years old September 19, 2010
my first pokemon game was leafgreen amazing game

Kid, 12 years old August 29, 2010

iffier than most pokemon games.

i guess some people would consider it violent, since you make pokemon fight until they "faint", and the moves are things like "slash" "take down" and "flamethrower" and the effects are stuff like "poison", "burn" and "one hit KO", but the vocabulary is far worse than whats on screen. However, the team rocket grusnts say innapropriate stuff on two occasions-"get lost or ill punch you" and "we are gangsters", and a pokemon gets murderd offscreen, but it is frequently discussed. Also, youll hear "dang" and phrases like that sometimes.

Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2010

just dont hack

i know, i know, im 12 and is hould have grown out of pokemon by now and so should my friends, but its so addicting. i love it. best of all, its very kid friendly. sure, pokemon do beat the stuffing out of eachother (bloodless, gorless, gutless, cartoony are some words to describe how they do it) and you can name charachters and pokemon anything you want, including cuss words, and do some really innapropriate stuff to the game if u hack it (which is why i selected everything) so dont hack, and its ok for 3+

Kid, 9 years old March 16, 2010

awesome, but in some ways its an ad

i think it is awesome, but lots of people my age think its for losers. the graphics are better than red and yellow, and its pretty boring at first but gets better at the 3rd-4th gym leader.it is kind of an ad though, because if you get the game its secretly trying to get you to but trash like pokemon action figures.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNectaria January 14, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written bykittyz000 November 11, 2009

NOT VIOLENT

i play this game, and i think that this is actually a very good and enjoyable game. all these parents are saying that this game is all "violent" and stuff, but this isn't like grand theft auto or anything-killing pokemon isn't the main goal-it's to win the pokemon leauge. also, you don't really "kill" any pokemon-you just get them to "faint"