Parent reviews for Pokémon Scarlet/Violet

Pokemon Scarlet Box

Buggy adventure is actually really good.

Yes, it is bug-ridden but at its core, it's an enjoyable adventure through the new "Paldea Region" with loads of content. It nails Co-op and offers many fun multiplayer experiences. If they patch the game's bugs, it might (in my opinion) become an excellent game.

5 people found this helpful.

A DEVOLUTION OF THE FRANCHISE

Horrible, so many things to change and fix. a Huge step -down from Pokemon Legends Arceus. Create a difficulty level system for once guys! I thought Nintendo was all about making everyone play, not to target a specific public to get as much money as possible doing the least effort possible simultaneously. poor poor poor, VERY poor. Not worth the 70-80 £/$/€ spent

1 person found this helpful.

Fun, give it a little more time before buying.

It's a nice, new, and refreshing Pokémon experience, that is very accessible to kids. It has all the qualities a normal Pokemon game would have, so not qualms there. However, I will say this: Currently the game is kind of buggy and runs less than desirably on the Switch. I would hold off until Nintendo releases an update, which I'm sure they will by Christmas this year, so this would make for a great present.

Best Pokémon Game On The Switch Even With The Bugs

It’s buggy but it’s a vast improvement over the previous Switch games. It has this “fun” element that was absent from Sword/Shield and the Diamond and Pearl remakes. I also found them to be more enjoyable than the Legends Arceus game. Not as good as the Game Boy through DS era games (first five generations) but definitely a step in the right direction and equal to the best 3DS games. Hopefully the glitches get fixed. I personally haven’t experienced any glitches and only a little bit of frame rate drops playing Scarlet physical. I also have not downloaded the patch yet. Worth the $50 from Walmart from me. Performance may have something to do with the digital version or Switches that have a lot of memory used up.

SO BUGGY