Parent and Kid Reviews on

Pokémon Sword/Shield Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 42 kid reviews

Sort by:

First Pokemon game, off to a good start

Though the graphics kinda suck, the game is still pretty fun. I liked the battles and the way the story played out. The exclusive Pokemon are pretty cool and I enjoy the mobility in the game. I do wish that your dialogue choices had more of an impact, but oh well. Fun game overall, not the best but still very enjoyable.
1 person found this helpful.

Gotta Catch Them ALL!

My first Nintendo Switch game. It was a really good game mainly because there's a while island of adventure for you to discover new Pokemon 😉😉😁😉

sweet game

Really awesome game it is hard on some gyms and the champ fight is advanced but it is really awesome and if you like strategy then ask your mom or dad or santa to get it for you. (note: strategy is in the gym challenges)

Best Game Ever

This is the best pokemon game and people will try to lie that its not It is great even without the dlc which i do not have play it for a great game. Also try to complete the pokedex it is the best part

Good, easy Pokémon game with easy to understand instructions. Fun for children of all ages.

Pretty good

Good game I was super in to it when I first got it 2-3 years ago but I still play

A metre above average

It gets boring when you defeated Leon, captured eternatus, zamezenta/zacian. Like why do i have to buy the extenson to keep playing the game. In the middle it's just grinding levels and it is pretty boring. Usless and useful stuff stuff (only 2): bro you don't need to heal your pokemon when they have all been knocked out, just go to the pokemart and heal your team for FREE. Ok here's a tip on new players, always choose sobble as your stater pokemon, Hop will choose the one that has a weaker type than you and Leon will pick the one that has a stronger type than you. You have a higher chance of beating Leon by choosing sobble becuase grookey is the weakest amongst the three starters.

The adventure

This game is great and I have played almost 500 hours getting the shiny charm (Not an easy feat, it took me 200 hours) and I now have 40+ shinies. 100% worth it and I cannot wait to see the new games like Scarlet and Violet.

Disappointing without DLC

I’ve been a long time Pokémon fan since I was a little kid, and to be honest this game is weak compared to EVERY past mainline title to both new and old fans, one of the huge problems of this game is the wild area, though it was a cool idea it was not given enough time to become something great. In previous titles the game had limitations on what could happen as before moving to switch all mainline games were on 3DS, but running on the switch you would think they would use the potential that the switch offers, but no, they didn’t, a general idea of what I’m talking about is how some things (like when Pokémon were un intentionally dynamaxing) we’re completely boring, all we heard was how this crazy event happened and how Leon saved the day, but other than that NOTHING. DLC being added in later is the only reason I gave this game a rating higher than 2 stars, but that ends up being another $40 CAD just to get and honestly it’s very disappointing, the new wild areas and story are honestly much better than the base game and that shows, but the fact you have to pay basically half the price of the base game is crazy. If your willing to and have the money I would say get the game with DLC but if your going to only get the base game id score the game a 2/5, with DLC though I’d rate it a 3/5. For parents: If you want to get your kid a Pokémon game on the Switch I would recommend getting the new Diamond and pearl remakes, both the original Diamond and pearl were new around when I started playing Pokémon, and the remakes (though they have many glitches) are really good quality Pokémon games and have aged extremely well into the new switch gameplay.

Good game, but community sucks

My favorite anime girl is marnie. Better than sun and moon. ALSO DONT LOOK AT THE FANART ITS DISGUSTING ASF