Kid reviews for Portal

Portal Poster Image

Innovation that Excites

This game has a great story and amazing puzzles to complete. The playtime is relatively short too. However, anyone under the age of 10 wouldn't get too much out of this game.

1 person found this helpful.

Portal: Great game, Dark story

Portal is a weird one. It has many dark moments and there is blood (very light). However, it tells a rich story and the gameplay is easy to understand for anybody 8+ but because of the hinted messages, I wouldn’t rate it any lower than 10+

All-Time favorite of mine, highly recommend

I can say this with full certainty, one of the best games I have played by far. Amazing humor, great gameplay, and an engaging storyline. I mainly have this a 10+ for the humor because it can get kind of violent, but nothing too worrying. It also takes someone a bit older to fully appreciate the jokes. I was about 12-13 when I played this as my first game, and I am so glad I did. Great mechanics that are easy to understand and the puzzles are hard but easy enough to get through. I believe this game is what made me so interested in video games in the first place. TLDR: Cannot stress how amazing this game is, 10+ to fully appreciate the humor. Great game to introduce people to video games.

good puzzle game for kids who know what steam even is

not as good as the second, on the level of pee wee’s holiday violence, a little dark though.

Fun, sparked an awesome franchise

It’s a cool game, companion collection made it much better, I’m a switch gamer, so I recommend buying it now since you get both for 20 dollars only.

Perhaps the best puzzle game ever

the puzzles are cool and creative and GLaDOS omg do not get me started she is very funny. the soundtrack is cool and also creepy and the story is good and portal takes place in the half life universe as well.

Good

Great. Amazing. Does have them creepy dens but it's still great.

A classic

It's a little outdated now (Graphics wise and sty, but its totally nostalgia when it comes to childhood games. I love playing this occasionally when it comes to "puzzle-like" games this is my go-to... Portal 2 is fun too, and in portal 2 there is Co-op. I feel like pretty much anyone can play this. No violence, or gore, or anything bad. I come back to play this every once and a while.

I'm making a Note: Huge Success

I 100%'D This Game and I can say that this game is definitely one of the best Valve Games. On the topic on what age it's appropriate for, I Think this Game is Great for Kids 6 and Up. It has references of murder but never shows blood or killing anyone. There is one Swear Word in this game but If you turn off the dialogue you won't hear it. I think kids under 10 can finish the game in under 10 hours but challenge mode would be extremely hard for them.