Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 160 kid reviews

Sort by:

Innovation that Excites

This game has a great story and amazing puzzles to complete. The playtime is relatively short too. However, anyone under the age of 10 wouldn't get too much out of this game.

1 person found this helpful.

Portal: Short and Sweet (Like the Cake)

Portal has gotta be Valves best game they made! Well, at least in my opinion. Half-Life is definitely not a game for me. And yes, while the game is short, it's still a blast. The test chambers are all fun, the use of momentum is great for a Sonic Nerd like me, and the writing is very charming and funny. Give Portal a go!

Portal review

Portal is a 2007 puzzle first-person shooter developed by Valve. In this game, you play as a female test subject in a lab where you navigate through multiple test chambers using a portal gun and the help of a computer named GLaDOS. You must solve puzzles and try to escape the lab. The game becomes increasingly difficult as you navigate through the test chambers. ----- Violence: Mild: the game contains infrequent mild violence and some violent threats. In some later levels, players can get shot by turrets, which results in some small blood splatters on surfaces. GLaDOS is helpful during the first remainder of the game, but she later becomes violent and attempts to kill the player or insult and make death threats towards the player. ----- Language: Very mild; While there is no profanity present in the game, GLaDOS makes death threats and disturbing remarks, but this is mitigated by the game's dark humor context. ----- Sex: N/A; In a secret room, a small poster of a bikini-clad woman can be seen, but the image is not sexual in context nor it is impactful enough to be classed as very mild. ----- Drug use: N/A. ----- Other issues: None. ---- My rating: 13+ for difficult situations and mild violence. My rating scale (for reference): Very mild or N/A means the content issue is very mild or not present. Mild means the content issue can make some viewers slightly uncomfortable; appropriate for tweens. Moderate means the content issue is somewhat pervasive; appropriate for teens. Strong means the content issue is intense or presented in a serious and pervasive matter, and can make viewers uncomfortable; appropriate for older teens. Extreme means the content issue is depicted extremely outside of normal standards and can make adults uncomfortable.

Sci-fi puzzler has blood.

The game contains some violence, mainly stemming from turrets firing at the player causing blood to splatter onto nearby surfaces. This happens infrequently, however. Overall: 9+ for some violence/bloody images.

It is a good game for all ages

This game is great! The puzzles are difficult but still understandable. In a part of the game there are turrets and when they shoot you blood gets on the environment. This isn’t very graphic or disturbing though. The reason I put this 9+ and not lower is because the puzzles. Younger children might not understand them.

some blood but thats all and this game teaches you how to solve puzzles

10+

Rated 10+ due Violence

Cool Puzzle Game

Hard Puzzles, No gore, Younger Ages Might Not Understand What The Main Antagonist Is Saying, Might Get Motion Sick.

A Wonderful Classic!

I love this game! In my opinion, the sequel is worlds better, but a classic is, well, a classic. The puzzles can get confusing for small children, but if you've got a logical mind, you should be golden! There is a pinch of blood, lots of dark humor, and some guns (Both the portal and bullet kind.) If you look into the lore of the game though, it can get pretty gruesome, so it's best to ignore it if you are/have a small child. Overall, it is a great game with wonderful gameplay and mechanics!

one of the best games ive ever played

ok so this game is amazing along with portal 2, and i feel like a 6 year old could play this game and not care about so little blood and have fun with the puzzles it creates and the mechanics it introduces, and the physics are phenomenal with the feel of the game. the end was great and id play this game over and over again if I didn't know how to do the puzzles.