All parent member reviews for Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Adult Written byChrisP 2 April 1, 2015

A look back.

Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time is a great game to be sure. But it does come with a few issues that make it rough for me to say that someone under 14 should be allowed to play it. The game has a good sense of balance between story telling, combat and puzzle solving. One of the more problematic areas is where it treats attitude awareness, that is to say the imagery that the gamers are treated to and how it can effect them. The player will run into concubine sand monsters in the game. While they are clothed they are somewhat scantily clad. The violence itself isn’t all that bad with little to no blood mainly being replaced with sprays of sand. This leads right into where it lacks the most, which is in its treatment of the human person. First off, all but three characters are turned into sand monsters at the start and dehumanized. Second off, we have the concubine sand creatures who are immodest and sensual in their movements when they attack the player. We also have a female character named Farah who the Prince is implied to have relations with late in the game. What truth is there to this game? Since it’s fantasy we have to look to the thematic elements. A young man is tricked into unleashing a terrible evil upon the world that he then goes about trying to fix. The truth here is teaching responsibility for errors made. Is the story inspiring? Well it inspires the person to be the best they can be and to take responsibility. How well is the game made? The story, characters, platforming, puzzle solving and combat are all put together in such a way that makes sense for the world itself. So to that I would say yes. Lastly, is it somehow relevant to real world experiences? There aren’t too many people who can say that they have turned back a horrible plague that they unleashed on the world because they were goaded into it. That being said there are plenty of people out there who have had to clean up after mistakes they have made. Taking all of this into account I would say that this game is something for teens 14 and up.
Adult Written byzelda dude April 9, 2008

...

overall good game
Adult Written by123456987 October 8, 2014

Best game eeeeeeeeeeeeeeever

Best story. Great combat (though the enemies are monsters that may scare kids (then again my I played this game when I was 5)) People forget about one scene where the main characters take a bath together, but there's no nudity (just tell your kids that there tired and grungy, and need to take a bath) The people are good role models as they develop, and learn to trust in each other.Overall, best game ever!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byvoiceofreason April 9, 2008

Best multi-console game of the year.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played. The Prince moves like an olympic gymnast both in battle and while exploring, and the graphics are almost perfect. However, like all great games, it does have flaws. The camera has a nasty habit of moving to an entirely unhelpful place, though this is, thankfully, not a common occurance. Also, parents of young children should be aware that half of the gameplay is based on fighting slightly spooky "sand creatures," and these battles, though very cool and fun to watch, could be innappropriate for very young children who might try to immitate these stunts, or who might be scared by the sand creatures. Otherwise, the game is a very fun 3D platformer that will often have the player gaping open-mouthed at the Prince's amazing gymnastic moves and time-controlling powers. I'd reccommend renting it, however, as, once you've beaten it, you will have no desire to do so again.
Adult Written bynintendude April 9, 2008

The best for the POP series

This game is the best of the POP series. The fighting is awesome, the story is awesome, the plot it awesome, the graphics are awesome, the music is awesome. Everything about this game is PERFECT, except for the camera angles, which can get jumpy and sometimes very frustrating when jumping off walls and poles. People who are looking for a long, interesting game should definately take a look at Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
Adult Written byGTAplaya April 9, 2008

not bad game but some characters are scantily clad and their is a lot of violence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!