All parent member reviews for Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Adult Written byGermanSpongebob773 July 27, 2010

PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE CURIOUS VILLAGE: 94% - CERTIFIED FRESH!

One of the best video games available, Professor Layton and the Curious Village is a smart, yet action-packed, adventure.
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written bytkfertig September 18, 2009

Educational, high-quality, and FUN

My kids and I love this game! It is top-notch in all areas. The graphics and videos are excellent. Professor Layton is a "gentleman" and he regularly reminds his young apprentice, Luke, how gentlemen are to behave. The story is well-written and engaging. The puzzles are plentiful, fun, and very challenging. Younger children may become frustrated by their difficulty, but you can use hint coins to get clues. The music is beautiful. In fact, my son was motivated to learn to play the violin by this game! We just bought the sequel and will share my review of that one when I've had a chance to play it.
Adult Written byCoffeeTable April 29, 2009

AWsome

I loved this game. It might be a little hard for soem of the younger kids or those that don't think analitically all the time, but if you need any help they have the answers online.
Adult Written byCES April 9, 2008

The puzzles are great. My 9 year old loves them but the "murder" was too intense for her. I played the game and really enjoyed it. I promised her there really was not a murder. I am not sure she will appreciate the way the story ends though. I think 9 is too young but it is great fun for an adult!