Kid reviews for Resistance: Fall of Man

Intense sci-fi title for mature action fans.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMultimedia Expert October 12, 2013

Great game most teens will be able to handle.

Content:
Off for ages: 1-12

Pause for ages: 13-14

On for ages: 15 and up

Positive Message: 0/5: The soldiers passionately fight for the human race, but use brutal force.

Positive Role Model: 0/5: None.

Violence: 4/5: Strong, persistent, bloody, gory violence.

Sex: 0/5: None.

Language: 2/5: Infrequent strong language used. Words used: S**t and a**

Consumerism: 0/5: None.

Drinking, Drugs and Smoking: 0/5: None.

Safety and Privacy: 1/5: There's a voice chat option, and players can often hear negative language.

Quality:
A great first person shooter with an engaging story. The online is pretty good as well. While not as good as other FPS' on the market, if you have a PS3, this is a great game to own.

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 14 years old Written byMooja June 30, 2013

Not really a violent game

It is really good and honestly not that violent.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCesch November 23, 2011

Amazing sci-fi shooter

This is an awesome game with a great story. The graphics aren't the best because it was made in 2006 but that doesn't matter. It is violent and blood does splatter on walls and the floor and poors out of wounds of both enemies and allies. The larger creatures explode into chunks when killed. It does tend to get creepy when your in abandoned train stations all alone with hordes of Chimera to fight off. The language wasn't bad at all, what you would expect from a PG-13 movie. One time I heard what sounded like f--king but it might of been bugging. There was a handful of s--t, d--n, h--l, and various British profanity like bloody h--l, bugger, etc. Neither blood nor language can be removed. I might even get this game for a mature 10 year old. Totally awesome game and your kid will love it.
Kid, 9 years old November 12, 2011

:D

violent but still hav postiv mesage yuo ar good tring to save eartf

Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn October 9, 2011

Sci-fi shooter has plenty of battle-style violence. Not for kids.

Resistance is a fairly violent and gory, but still dated video game that was also one of the first games ever for the PS3 gaming system, and so the already dated graphics make the violence look a bit sillier and less realistic. Still, this is a horror-sci-fi-action-shooting games that can be quiet terrifying at parts, primarily during a sequence where you must kill many of the chimera creatures in a underground level which is very dark and hard to see. Also, there is plenty of bloody violence and gore when the chimera creatures are shot, and some of the smaller ones often explode into huge bloody chunks that rain down on you. Finally, there is occasional profanity like F-ck, sh-t, ass, h-ll and more, but mostly during the intense action sequences. Still, the M Rating is well deserved and is not for young gamer's.

Teen, 16 years old Written byThe Informer August 1, 2010

Fun but dark shooter for the PS3.

The game is not as bad as you would think just by looking at the cover. Honestly I think anyone 15 years old can handle the violence, but just due to the dark tone of the game, as well as the various creatures that are in the game, the game is alright anyone around 16. The game is fun, even if it is a bit repetitive later on, and should be in anybody's PS3 collection.

Kid, 9 years old February 15, 2010

12+

good if you're mature enough ok if you have played lots of zombie games

Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2010

good for kids slightly older then 14

I hate this game. I brought it cheap preowned. My parents wont let me have most shooter and i can see why in this game! to tell the truth it scares me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG!!!!!! Blood spatters everywhere!!!!!! VERY VERY VERY VOILENT!!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written by3choices December 5, 2009

A few jumpy moments but not that bad

A brill game by any standers.not very gorey or bloody. sure theres a few splurts of blood but its not that bad. any 12 year old should be able 2 handle it. however what this website fails to understand is that kids arnt scared by blood and gore but by scarey moments in the game. thats the only thing i see wrong with this game. ocasionaly there is a enemy that appears , similar to a zombie, that moves around slugishly and then suddenly jumps at you and bites chuncks out off your sholders. it still gives me a shock from time to time. this aspect of the game is only sutable for 13/14+ kids. all together its an awsom shooting game that teens and adults alike will love.
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2009

good for 12 and up

its a good game. it has good graphics and is kinda gory but overall a very good game.

Teen, 17 years old Written bylarry6870 June 13, 2009

pretty fun game

this is one of the better early ps3 games. there is gore but not like in other games, its very fun and the story line is intriguing. Just to keep this simple i say only for kids 13 or 14 and above
Teen, 14 years old Written bypooper scooper February 9, 2009

LOL...die aliens

First off, there is like no language in this game, I heard more language in Shrek. The violence is bloody and there's some gore. you can also shoot dead enemies and blood flies. Fine for anyone who can take a some blood.
Kid, 11 years old November 15, 2008

Doesn't deserve its' reputation

Hi this is my first review
This game is a brilliant game but there is some bad stuff in it

Violence: Blood is noticeable a lot throughout the game. Certain guns result in more or less levels of blood. Certain aliens produce more blood than others Hybrids for example shooting them every bullet produces blood note: most of the aliens are like that. Whereas Titans don’t draw much blood until they die which they explode but there isn’t much blood by them exploding.

Language: Not that bad it is meant to say holy s**t but I have only heard it once but it isn’t that bad because I have played it loads of times over and over again and I have only heard it once by my team-mate shouting it.

Sex: none.

Drugs and social behaviour: none.

Message: Nothing much other than when countries fall help them survive and work as a team.

A great game recommend it for 10 and up

But if they can’t take a bit of blood then not recommended.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

I was disapointed

I was looking forward to this game for a while, and when I got my PS3 and popped the disk in, I have to say I was a little bit dissapointed. I mean, at first I thought "WOW, this game is fun!" But after a while it got very repetitive, I wanted more Tanks, Jeeps etc. Like in Halo, just to get away from running around, There were Tanks and Jeeps tho, but I wanted more.
The Nice part of the game is that its long, not short like 360 games.
Over all, this game was ok.

great! totally awesome!

As soon as i bought my PS3, i had a list of options for the games. Of course... this is the game to buy! awesome graphics, awesome gameplay and awesome story. I enjoyed playing this game but at some points it gets a little boring...
I suggest that children under the age of 10 should'nt buy it (even though the rating is M, it's not that bad for kids over the age of 12) as it has some gory scenes and it gets quite scary after a little while.
Teen, 15 years old Written byidkatall April 9, 2008

I wunna kill some aliens

This game is great. The WW2 visuals combined with the futuristic wepons and ships creates an amazing mixture. I also like the fact that this game has non-stop action where you can run and gun. The feeling of seeing a big alien being destroyed and explode is great altho violent. Parents should be aware that this game is gory and violent altho not to the extreams. The worst the violence gets in this game is when a creature will explode in chunks of meat (this is somewhat hidden in an exploding flash of fire). The language only gets as bad as "Son of a B**ch" but " damn, hell, and goddamn" are used somewhat frequently. A great game highly reccomend.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek222 April 9, 2008

Good Action Game

I played this with my friend, and I admit, It was good, It was also somewhat of a disappointment. The graphics are truly amazing, but the enemies are hard to defeat, even on easy. I recommend this game for kids 10+ because of the difficulty.
Teen, 17 years old Written bychewybar April 9, 2008

Awesome game!

While it says strong language there is one use of each f**k and god***n. A couple uses of h**l,s**t,and a**. The blood isn't that bad but, a couple of creatures explode into body parts ( mainly chunks of their inside body parts). It's a good game and if you're over 12 or 13 you can probably handle it. Overall it's one of the best PS3 games on the market.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMacManKilla April 9, 2008

Scary, Cool, and most of all: VIOLENT

Wow! When my dad first bought the PS3, I was in shock when he bought this game. The graphics, AMAZING! I mean it nealy scared the pants off of me when they pop out. The gameplay, COOL! But I should warn you. LOTS OF VIOLENCE! I mean you can zoom in with the sniper and nearly blow there brains out! But hey, it's your choice.