All parent member reviews for Saints Row: The Third

Parent of a 13 and 15 year old Written byDanielle72 March 25, 2012

Saints Row: The Third, for 13 and up!

Rated M for Blood and Gore, Drug Reference, Intense Violence, Partial Nudity, Sexual Content, Strong Language. The Blood and gore is the same as Red Dead redemption so it just has a few drops and then the body disappears. Drug References are made about a character possibly be high because of his way of acting. The violence is mainly in the cut scenes where there are dramatic fights, but these can be skipped by the player. The Partial Nudity is shown in the trailer. It shows a bosses two assistants helping him takeover a base well dressed with a tight top, which appears to give her slightly more cleavage, but these Partial Nudity visualizations are only seen in the cut scenes. (e.g. tightly dressed women in gun fights). Now, the strong language is in the cut scene dialogue, which can happily be skipped by the player. there are some mild curse words in the free roam version of this game, but with the audio menu, you can turn of Free Roam Dialogue and have a curse free environment. If you have seen the trailer of this game, it uses the song Power by hip-hop artist Kanye West. It contains some curse words, and in fact the song itself has more curse words and frequent cursing than the actual game. I am a parent of two boys, 13 and 15, and I say this game is okay for anyone from 13-20 who enjoys running around in a free, open world environment and engage in fun activities like driving, flying and the occasional bank robbery. I just let my kids free roam at the moment. But I can say that if you get rid of the in game dialogue and skip cut scenes, it is a T+ Rated Game!
Parent Written byItsGr8 December 30, 2011

Get It!

This game is great for all kids 12 years and up. There's a lot of violence but the sexual references are just cleavage and bikinis the language is bad but 12 year olds and over are exposed to that every day. If your child is under 12 NO but at 12 possibly 11 they'll no the difference between the game and reality.
Adult Written byKingDriveBoiz November 15, 2011

good

this games is only for teenagers 16 and older
Parent Written byRostrup August 20, 2013

Mature means mature

I see a lot of parents and adults saying this is a game that is ok for twelve year old kids to play. As a mid twenties gamer, this simply outrages me. The people giving these reviews clearly has not played the game to it's full extent. I can agree that the usual running and gunning is not very offensive, but you should really check the entire content of the game before you go out and say it's ok for kids to play. In one mission, you get drugged and sold as a sex slave. After which you run around naked while killing everything in your path. This scene ends with you escaping the area while riding in a chariot pulled by another sex slave while killing people with assault rifles. If you really think this is what is suitable for twelve year old kids, you are sadly mistaken. Other than this, the content, language and references throughout the game is not at all suitable for anyone else than adults.
Parent of a 6, 8, and 9 year old Written byMHR75killsU January 7, 2013

Parents Should Be Mindful of This Game

Saint's Row The Third is a fun and over-the-top video game aimed at adults. It is definitely not recommended for kids. Several weapons cause human characters to be dismembered or obliterated. There is a weapon called the "Fart in a Jar" which causes all people caught in the blast to vomit. It has extreme sexual content for a video game. Several scenes feature S&M, sex toys, strippers, prostitutes, and drug dealers. The game puts a heavy emphasis (as the world does) on sex, money, & violence being the key to "cool" and "power". One of the weapons a player WILL acquire is a baseball bat-sized sex toy with a handle on it. Complete with details and realistic physics. Strong sexual content and sexually suggestive themes & images are prominent throughout the game. The characters in the game throw out f-bombs and several other "hardcore" swear words almost constantly. The game features an in-game radio which is common among games like this and Grand Theft Auto. Songs featured in the game are uncensored. This game along with most games does feature voice-chat with other online players. There are no content controls to help make this game more appropriate. Don't assume from watching someone play this for a few minutes that it is okay, if you let your child show you the game they are probably smart enough to know how to avoid the parts they think that you might disapprove of so be on-guard.
Parent Written bycagg April 5, 2013

Parents beware!!!!

I just left my local video game store where I planned to buy this game for my 13 year old. I had a conversation with 3 staff people who explained that this is one of the most inappropriate games for kids/young teens -- worse than Grand Theft Auto. Because I had read most of the material on this website about this game, I was surprised to hear this. I just returned home and reread the official review and parent reviews here to see if I missed anything. I find that the parent review dated January 7, 2013 and titled "Parents should be mindful of this game" to be the most similar to what the game store staff told me, but the official commonsensemedia.org review and most of the other reviews do not indicate the severity of the sexual content of this game. We did NOT get this game and my 13 year old is mad, but I am glad that the staff warned me before I made this purchase. I wish I had learned this information from common sense media.org.
Parent of a 12 and 13 year old Written byFrankVaughn June 8, 2013

Appropriate for 11 & UP

I think it is an appropriate game for ages 11 and up and doesn't contain strong anything.
Parent Written byHerolegend August 25, 2013

Do you want to do the right thing?

Only a 16 year old would say its okay for either 16 year olds or below to play the game. No 18 year old or above in their right mind should say its okay for anyone below that age, I'm 34 years old no way would I let anyone under 18 play this game, I've been playing games for years, and I know how it can effect people of younger ages. I would recommend parents and adults to not get lazy and learn and earn their value in life before they start letting kids play a game that depicts violence, sex, nudity, blood, bad language, drinking alcohol and most of them being pushed high up on the scale. Do the right thing and wait for your kid to be of correct age, usually its the mind but there is no child under 17 that is mentally an adult. Really don't be lazy, don't let them play, at the very least 16 before you let them play this and that's still pushing it. Recommended age Adults only typically 18+ As an adult for many years now I like this game however It would be quite sad if governments start banning it over the world because of possible future incidents involving similar or the exact same practises from video games. Its happened before if you let kids play it will happen again its only a matter of time. Maybe not your child maybe someone else's child out there eventually somewhere some place it will happen, I've seen it happen too many times in the past.
Educator and Parent of a 11 year old Written byGraham R October 11, 2014

Don't worry fellow parents, this game is great for ages 10+

I would hardly rate this game a 12+. I don't normally let my kids have 12+ games until they become 12, but when my son was at his friend's house he was playing it. He really wanted the game, so I played it the whole way through. I was surprised at the lack of any inappropriate content throughout the game; the only problem I saw with it was the mild cartoon violence, which you would expect from any PG rated film. It also helps with learning the value of money, as one must work hard for everything and my son learned to do chores around the house for money soon after I purchased the game.
Adult Written bydarthsitkur December 26, 2012

this is a fun crime action gangster thriller game

saints row 3 is amazing, it has tons of crazy action, tons of blood, guts, and gore, and tons of hard rock, heavy metal, and rap music to fit the mood, and this is thoroughly a guy's game because of it being about gangsters and gang rivalries and the constant bloody shootouts, extreme gore, and stuff getting blown up
Parent Written byJerry knows best July 2, 2012

Good for 12 and up

If your kid understands whats right and whats wrong then it should be fine too play. its not bad in the sex and nudity section and the violence isnt too bad. overall its not something your child sees every day.
Educator Written byGammonMan May 22, 2014

Think for minute.

This game has a great battle system, the controls are intuitive, and, the graphics are beautiful, but the characters are unlikable criminals. We really have to ask ourselves, is it ever appropriate to pretend to kill a prostitute? Is it ever appropriate to simulate the killing of local law enforcement?
Parent Written byD2theAVID November 28, 2013

The Penetrator is NOT for kids

I would question how in depth this game was looked at by any reviewer coming to the conclusion this game is anything but inappropriate for children. However, in my opinion, no game that allows a child to beat a character to death with a giant d!ldo is appropriate for kids. The fact that this site wont even allow me to type out the word in my review should be proof enough that it's not for kids.
Parent Written byKids In Mind 2012 March 18, 2012

Saints Row:The Third Is Not That Bad At All!

I Bought This Game For My 11 Year Old Son For Christmas,Like Other Parents,I Was Pretty Nervous So I Kept An Eye On Him While Playing It.But Personally I Think This Game Is A Real 12+ Game.I Mean Come On,This Site Has The Sexual Behaviour 4/5 If I Were Them I Would've Put 3/5 Because Of The Mission Where You Walk In To A Bar With People Dressed As Gimps And One Of Your "Homies" Zimos Is Addicted To Sex But If You Know Your Son/Daughter,It Will Fly Over Their Head. The Main Problem Other Parents Need To Know Is The Language.Like Many Video Games Such As Grand Theft Auto,It Has Continuous Strong Language Throughout. As For The Violence.Its Not Bad At All.Its Really Cartooney And Unrealistic.But Overall,Just Get To Know Your Kids Before Buying This.Its Not As Bad As It Seems So,Give This A Try Its Not That Bad.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byJohn312 March 17, 2013

fine for children 10 and up

I think this game is fine for mot kids, there is some kids who muture slower and can not handle the language but most parents say that kind of stuff normally and there is all most no sexual content there is no nudity and it is girls in bikinis kids see that often i mean most parents let them read aports illistarted right and the killin gin the game i harsh but i is not as bad a somthing like uncharted killing kids enjoy the game and it lets them have fun my child was at a friends house and was playing it he said it was a really fun game but i normally do not allow m games in my house so i decided to try it out i startred to play it and even i enjoyed it it was fun to free relm and there was nothing bad so i let my eleven year old son get it my wife was fine with it and my son didnot get obsessed with it
Parent Written byLifer February 4, 2012

Common Sense Media is Wrong

Personally, it is fine for kids. People need to lighten up and realize that the language and the sexual parts are all things that they will encounter in life. Sure, some parts can not happen, but that is part of the fun in the game. After all, that is why it is called a video game. If you agree with Common Sense Media, then you need to lay off and realize that this game is fine, like most other M rated games.
Parent Written byMs.Johnson31 June 6, 2012

LEARNING

Awsome game just teach he or her not to do the things in the game

Its a great game especially for parents who are very protective of there kids you can learn from this game i watch my 11 year old play and she said tha t she just wanted it because she can make her own player and drive cool cars and it has a little bit violence but its not very bad it has alot of bad language but all you have to do is just put it on mute.
Parent of a 12 and 15 year old Written byParentof2gamers February 18, 2013

Parents are too protective

Saints Row 3 is overall a great game. A lot of people including parents are so protective of their kids playing violent games like Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row that it is pretty pathetic. But I still think there should be an age limit on video games like this, specifically kids about 13 or 14 since they already know about all of the sex, drugs and all of that stuff which will not scare them or disturb them. I think kids should deserve a little freedom in which games they want to play and not be severely limited by their parents. Some parents also think that video games like this are the cause of teenagers smoking, drinking, or having sex and not being of age to do so. The real cause of all of that is really just other teenagers who were born with anger problems or grew up without their parents teaching them right or wrong convincing others to do so, and it goes on and on and on. Swearing is also not a main concern. Swearing may not be a big deal unless your child has a bad habit of it. I do not allow swearing in my household with exceptions of the words "Hell" or "Frickin" as long as they do not say it repeatedly. Your kids will also be swearing and doing stuff like having sex and maybe even drink or smoke a little bit when they are older and they already know about this stuff now. As a parent myself I do not see a big problem with games like these. My 12 year old and 15 year old son play Grand Theft Auto games together in multiplayer on the computer or the xbox with me watching them sometimes. Our xbox is in the living room and both of my teens have their computers in the "computer room" so my husband and I can always keep an eye on them.
Parent Written byworriedmom1232 December 28, 2012

NOTHING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT

I bought this game for my 12 year old and was worried. I watched him play and the partial nudity and sexual content is mainly the cleavage seen in the game. As for the violence and language it is in a cartoon style so is not much to be worried about, if you have a child 12 and up it is ok because it is nothing like grand theft auto and other crass games like that.
Parent Written bydads advise 101 March 3, 2012

Saints Row The Third a great game

this game has many great and bad qualites.I use to be a gamer until i got married.Then it changed into finding good games for my two kids. this game has alot of violence in it but that isnt really a big deal for me or my kids.there is some nudity in it but your kid choses to do that or not.If your kids are like mine then they just want the good adventure game to play on.I think this game is a good game.