Kid reviews for Skate

Fun yet tough game is injury-filled.

Teen, 17 years old Written byDatboy227 August 18, 2016

One of the best games ever

This is a good game to play when you can't go outside and skate or if you like seeing your avatar fall on his face, anyway this is a great line of games with lost of locations you can go skate

Teen, 16 years old Written bywertyuio December 15, 2020

Kid, 10 years old June 3, 2019

Cool Game

This game is cool because you can skate around a fictional city, and you can do many challenges to keep yourself entertained.

Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2018

One of the best games ever!

This game is really good because in free-skate, you can do what you want, and when you have 1-4 people playing, you can do party challenges, and when you're in career mode, you get to customise your player and skateboard!There is loads of different skate parks and great slopes to go down!You can choose how many people walk around and how many cars there are and you can choose if security is on or off. I don't recommend it to people under 6 because sometimes people say a couple of mildly bad words and the death animation is quite realistic but there is no blood.

Kid, 11 years old November 29, 2015

Great, but watch your language EA!

At first I thought it shouldn't even be rated T, but then while I was skating, it got a whole lot worse. People, lyrics, and even graffiti have profanity written all over it. As for violence, no way. When you "Die" you just skid on the ground and your screen turns black. Drugs - nothing besides hospital shots. This game really deserves it's T!

Kid, 9 years old September 3, 2015

Ok for tweens

This game includes violence like getting hit by cars, and that kind of stuff. The only bad part is the language. The language includes words like the a-word d-word p-word(used once) and that's all for my review.

Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2013

Ok..........Bad game....

Ok for mature kids not a great game though...

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 15 years old Written bysnomtn January 29, 2012

Great!

The start of an amazing series. You recover from a skating accident, and work your way up to the cover of thrasher and the xgames. Minor language. great comunity

Teen, 13 years old Written byVideo Game Reviewer June 30, 2011

Skate 8+

Skate is an incredible game, But it is not for young children.
It deserves the T rating, but T does not equal pg-13. It has frequent mild language(and I mean mild), some violence,and breif tobacco refrence. The mild language is words such as [email protected]$&, a$$,and hell, usually in horribly written dialogue such as when characters are complementing you a character refers to you as "hauling a$$" violence includes getting hit by cars and falling off a large ramp with ragdoll physics. There are cigarette packages in a gas station in the intro video

Teen, 13 years old Written by360gamer April 4, 2011

fun fun fun

This game is the BOMB! :D I love it. the skaters crash and break bones as well as run into cars and peds. Theres some language though, the guy that commentates you throughout the game says"D*mn" and "Crraaaaap!" when you fall. If you startle a pedestrian they can sometimes say "What the hell is wrong with you?" or "Bastar*!" and they might kick you or whack you. The skaters evade the law and skate in "no-skate zones." The security will rough you up if you do that though. In the intro you get hit by a bus and there is some blood in the emergency room...

Teen, 17 years old Written byscarred December 13, 2010
amazing game, very fun
Teen, 17 years old Written byGO CUBS GO November 24, 2010

fun, different skateboard game

this game is different than the tony hawk games in good ways. I think it's much more fun than tony hawk games. It has some nasty wipeouts and as usual for skateboarding games, bad role models. I would recommend getting skate 3 instead though

Teen, 13 years old Written byGameboy October 18, 2009

Great game for kids and teens. Only minor downsides

SKATE is one of the most realistic skateboarding games out there. The only bad things about it are the violence, product placement, and bad rolemodels.
Here are some examples of the bad things:
1.Getting hit by cars has never been so bone breakingly sounded.
2.one of the missions has you being chased by cops while gaining a 1000 points
3.everything you wear is a REAL brand
OTHER THAN THAT, THE GAME IS GREAT FOR KIDS.

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written bybunnyboy389 October 8, 2009

Cmon, let them play

parents, chillax, some language but you know kids are gonna start soon and here it often, some violence, but not a lot, some drug reference, and language, let them play it, its fine
Teen, 13 years old Written byElite Joshua July 27, 2009

Educational Value
Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2009

the name should be awesome!

As a note to parents, the only blood and gore is a hilarious live-action opening cut-scene where there's a construction worker holing his severed arm and said "can the doctor take a look at this? The language is not bad but happens repeatedly, though mostly when in cut-scenes or your character gets hit by a car. The only violence is when San Vanelona security catches you, and punches your avatar or something like that.
Kid, 12 years old March 28, 2009

The Gist of Tony Hawk Game To A New Level

I used to play Tony Hawk pro skater games all the time on my XBOX, but now that I've tried "Skate," I don't think I can go back! The game is kind of iffy for some ages. Language considers curse words that you'll probably hear sprinkled in everyday conversation, just mild obscenities. Sexual content is extremely limited. I don't think I saw one flirting scene. Violence, though, is heavy. If you look on the back of the box, it's rated for blood and gore, but by "gore," it's just showing pictures of bones you broke when you smash into stuff. Smashing into moving cars, ollying old lady's backs, running into lampposts, and falling down open manholes are my personal favorite things to do (because I'm weird) as your character can flip around in comic ways. I played it with my dad watching and even though language spews from the game, he laughed every time I would (deliberately) smash into something. Buy this game and start smackin' into junk!
Teen, 14 years old Written byimanerd11 November 30, 2008

not bad

ok it swears but not much i dont hear bastard but the bus hitting at the bingining isnt bad the hospotal scene isnt bad yea you can get hit by cars and it shows what bones you broke, srpained and bruised and also a faceplant and ouch ( racking your balls )
overall this game is addicting and fun ive beaten it 3 times and im no bored with it
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

bold

For little kids who might see it will get frightened by the bold it showes.

sweet

SKATE ROCKS! dude, you've gotta get this game! the flickit controls rock! Tony Hawk games are out. Skate is in.
get this game you'll enjoi it. (get it? Enjoi?) oh ya and if u can't land a huge drop on the game, try holding the board with one hand, then right when you're about to hit the ground, grab the board with the other hand too. it always works.