All teen and kid member reviews for Sleeping Dogs

Teen, 14 years old Written byPART III August 15, 2012

Very graphic violence, sex, and drugs and drinking.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 August 19, 2012

Great game,but extremely mature.

I just got this game yesterday and I have only played an hour of it.And I can already say,theres tons of violence,bashing the nut bags out of people,decapitation and burning alive,theres torture,lots of language and implied rape and heavy sex.This game is only educational in showing the insides of people and showing children how life is in the cold underworld.But if your kid has played GTA or Mafia,then it's quite alright.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydewdizzle October 27, 2012

aidfawd

i think its very good i own it up
Teen, 14 years old Written bydaniscoolked August 16, 2015

A mix of GTA+better story writing+ Bruce Lee

A great open world under cover cop game that has a gritty and fairly realistic story about gangs, drugs, racing and prostitution. The story is gripping though and I loved every but I kept wanting to find out what happens next. A lot of characters die in it as well. The kung fu is awesome like Bruce Lee type of fighting plus much more and awesome gun fights...like John woo. But... tons of swearing, mature content and violence. But in my opinion better than GTA and is a great game. I think that teens 15 and up can understand the game and enjoy it a lot better due to the game having difficult missions. And you learn some Chinese...mostly Chinese swearing though but some Chinese. All I can say that it's great to be back in Hong Kong. P.s wei the main character is a good cop who wants to get the job done but is a bit violent and common sense is wrong about the fact that you can't kill pedestrians because you can run them over ,shoot them and kung full beat them up. But a great game 5 stars.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYakuza March 12, 2015

Pretty damn amazing

This is a great game, i really enjoyed playing it! Reminded me a lot of batman arkham origins in its fighting style. There is alot of blood in the game, but there is no gore or face cringing violence. The only sexual refernces are said in a mild jokey way, and the producers of the game said it was not supposed to be a serious gritty crime game. YOU CAN BUY PORK BUNS!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMidnightNinja15 July 7, 2014

My thoughts on Sleeping Dogs

Sleeping Dogs puts you in the shoes of Wei Shen, and undercover police officer with tough past and background. He is tasked with infiltrating the Sun On Yee Triad in Hong Kong after the previous cop's cover was blown and he was brutally murdered. The story focuses on Wei's inner struggle of ratting out the Triads, some of the members who he has become attached to, while remaining to his duty as an officer of the law. While Wei generally seems like a good incorruptible police officer, it is later revealed that he has a personal vendetta against the triad for the treatment and death of his sister and seems like he just wants revenge rather against the Triads rather that making the city a safer crime-free place. However, is is still a very likable protagonist. Despite its seemingly glitzy and glamorous Hong Kong setting, Sleeping Dogs has a very gritty and violent story that takes you into the seedy underworld of murder,extortion,prostitution,drug trafficking,illegal street racing, and gambling to name a few. The game is also extremely violent as you can beat up enemies using brutal martial arts moves, hearing bones crack and limbs break, you can pick up melee weapons such as knives and cleavers, and while the gunplay isn't as prominent in the game as the main focus is on hand to hand combat, it is also violent and if you get headshots small chunks of your victim's head will fly off and blood is shown realistically, staining your own clothes and your enemies. Also, despite being sworn to protect Hong Kong, Wei can kill innocent civilians with little to no penalty. As for sex, it is mostly just referenced in one mission a woman touches Wei's crotch but they don't actually have sex. Wei can also have sex with various girlfriends but it is never actually shown on screen but based on the dialogue you can obviously tell whats going on. As for language, there is a lot of profanity, both in Chinese and English such as s**t motherf*cker a-hole c**ksucker. Despite it's adult content I think its and ok game for a normal teenager.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillionaire December 31, 2012

My Opinion

On= 12+, Pause= 10-11, Off= 9 and Under.
Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2013

Epic Game but to Mature for Child Gamers

I'm only 10 and I thought this game was awesome. But this is really gory. Just as bad as Spec Ops: The Line. I assure if your child is mature and has played games like Black Ops, Black Ops 2, Spec Ops: The Line and so on this will be an okay game.
Kid, 12 years old November 11, 2014

Violent

this game has a lot of violence. it is hard to get a gun but you can use umbrellas,knives,etc.
Kid, 12 years old October 14, 2013

Not as bad as grand theft auto WAY toned down

yes there are a lot of bad words but there is little drinking (its optional) and little adult content PLUS its really cool you get to do karaoke,kung fu,and awesome missions
Kid, 10 years old March 11, 2013

epic video game

i think this is good for 13 cause mostly the violence im ten and i play it but just i think it would be okay for 11 and up
Teen, 16 years old Written bymr bannana September 4, 2012

fun but.....

i just got the game for me and my little brother ( hes only 12) and the half a hour we played it it was brutal and gory as i dont know what. the game has strong language sex and swearing. my parents know about it so i coudnt let my brother play it. the game is fun but not for kids under 13
Teen, 13 years old Written bymikey2 May 5, 2016

There is no real sex in this game people

Buy this game for your kid, It has no actual sex in this game. If your kids play call of duty than they should play this. Very violent though.
Kid, 9 years old August 12, 2014

TERRIBLE GAME

Sleeping Dogs is a very mature game that should be played by adults only.The language is probly the biggest concern.My parents took it away because it was so bad so dont EVER play this no matter how much they beg.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeragonshadeslayer June 18, 2013

With Sleeping Dogs, ultra violent action gaming comes of age.

Sleeping Dogs is personally one of the most awesome games I have ever played. The violence in this game is extremely bloody and brutal. Most of it is due to the melee fights in the game in which our protagonist kicks, punches and beats the crap out of thugs and gangsters. The fighting is completely martial arts style in which players bash the living hell out of bad guys with awesome punches, kicks, limb ripping and bone breaking finishers. The environmental kills form a large part of the violence, in which players can crush, impale, electrocute, hang etc. various thugs and goons. The game contains frequent use of F**k, Motherf**ker, C**t etc. Some scenes show players in night clubs though there is no actual nudity. Some hoardings and billboards show people in sexual positions. People are often showed smoking, drinking , consuming and smuggling drugs. On the whole Sleeping Dogs is a gripping game that redefines action gaming.
Kid, 12 years old March 29, 2014

People are over exaggerating....

It's not as bad as all these people say it is. There's not a lot of swearing or inappropriate behavior and there is a lot to do in this sandbox game. The story line was very well written with good voice actors. I love the whole story behind it! It's a game like no other! I would give this game 100 stars if i could!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 September 15, 2013

Fun game, but not for all

A great game that will please many Grand Theft Auto Fans. This game does contain however lots of Violence, language, and some mild sexual stuff. The violence in this game is done in violent style of brutal takedowns and finshers that some may find to graphic. There is lots of language, but since this does have the GTA vibe it's no real surprise. Drug and Alcohol are referred to and used. There are some sexual references, but no real sex. Suggested MPAA- R: Strong Bloody Stylized Violence, Pervasive Language, Drug and Alcohol references, and Sexual References.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. May 26, 2013

Adrenaline soaked Hong Kong crime game.

Frequent, strong graphic violence, and swearing. Lots of martial arts combat, and shootouts. Also, being an open-world game, the player has the option to fight who they please, with brutal take downs like shoving someones head into a rotating fan. Language occurs frequently, f--k, c--t, and so much more.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybigbadke12 September 16, 2012

Amazing game!

I love the game it's truly a work of art! What made it even better is I got it for free at: goo.gl/f3Iw8
Teen, 13 years old Written byMorgimanGameReviews February 26, 2016

Great Game! Not for younger children.

The game is about a man who works undercover for the police and tries to take down gangs. This game can teach you basic kung fu skills. There isn`t any sexual content apart from having a girlfriend nor is there drug use in the game either. The violence is moderate, can be gory in certain parts. I`d say it`s appropriate for anyone 12 or up, I had it before I turned 12, but I was fine. 12 or up: Fine 11: Maybe, keep a close eye. 10 or younger: No!