Kid reviews for Sonic Colors

Fast (too fast?), exciting chapter in this hedgehog story.

Teen, 17 years old Written byTrevorStagdon39 December 15, 2019
Teen, 17 years old Written byilovemedia101 November 22, 2018

I Suggest it

I Played this when i was six and i loved it. I am 17 now, and i still love it. I have to say though, there is a lot of violence, as in exploding robots and a lot more.

Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2018

Everyone is overreacting.

I got this game when I was 3. With help from my parents I can beat the game. Seriously, common sense?

Kid, 9 years old December 12, 2017

Sonic Colors, basically

Pretty much the game that brought Sonic back from the dead. Of course, Sonic Boom (horrible to critics and me,) Sonic Lost World (mediocre to critics,) and Sonic Forces (mediocre to critics,) brought it back down again.
This was a good game, let me tell you. It was good enough to bring Sonic back up.
I didn't really like the change of voice actors, though. I liked the 4Kids and Adventure voice actors, but I guess that'll have to do. The gameplay is WAY better than of 06, the graphics are good for a Wii game, decent story, and just overall good. This is worth your money.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySonicStar456 May 27, 2017

Very good addition to this amazing franchise

Colours is a beautiful, fast paced game with thrill, channeling gameplay and a excellent story highly recommend
Kid, 11 years old March 24, 2017

Fun Fun for Everyone

The game is like a classic cartoon. Good guy must stop evil mad scientist. Save the innocent. Clean and funny. 0 Twerking. Okay, MAYBE the story is not-so funny if you look deep into it. (Dr.Eggman is BURNING aliens as fuel, but its never shown or said strait-up like that, its just hinted at. plus nobody under 13 would realize it unless he cares way to much about story) I personally prefer the wiimote nunchuck combo. No blood here folks. Sonic is BARLEY a role model, though. He kicked his pal, Tails, into an elevator. BUT he was defending him because A. Tails is not good in combat and B. Tails is 8 but Sonic is 16 (The age is cannon, but only reveled in comics.) Pick up the game for the kiddos. They will love it. Just check if you have a nunchuck .

Kid, 12 years old September 2, 2016

Sonic Colors is Just Fine

Let me outright tell you: I don't like Sonic as much as you might, and that may be why I rated it lower than you might. Anyhow, I had not played the game for four years, so I decided to fire up my Wii U and try it out. I was not disappointed, but I did not find it that good, either. The game play was fun, at some points you press the A button to launch into robots/balloons, at others the game makes Sonic run for you, and at others you have to run yourself, and all this is overall like a car with an exhaust at the front; you have no clue where your going and find it a total wreck. As for voice acting, it is okay, but I would much rather prefer the game lacking such CHILDISH characters and abysmal jokes. As for graphics, this is the Wii, I understand, but after playing only Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the Wii, but the pixels are way too visible for my taste. Onto content:
Violence: All really cartoon. Sonic the Hedgehog zooms through fantastical landscapes collecting yellow toilet seats and power ups. Sonic can use the spin attack to knock down many robotic hostiles, and you hear punches and grunts and see explosions (briefly). Additionally, when run over, they may vanish in a puff of vapor. There is one extended boss fight between Sonic and a huge mechanical hostile, including explosions and the spin attacks are close up accompany the fast paced battle. Too a much milder extent, another boss battle involves electric charges, small rockets, and briefer explosions.
Kid, 11 years old February 9, 2016

A fast, exciting chapter in the Sonic trilogy

This is a simple fun game that's great for kids and not inappropriate at all.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybobmarley23 April 25, 2014

Fun but Really Fast

A great game, however it is a very fast game, which could confuse younger kid and may get frustrated on trying to stay on the track and beat other players. On the other hand it is a very thrilling colourful game with lots of characters to play as. Overall great game but really fast.

Kid, 12 years old May 14, 2013

Reach for the Stars

this game is fantasticly awesome with *puts on sunglasses* COLLLLOOORRRSSS!!! with amazing music andepicly fast gameplay

Kid, 12 years old January 23, 2013

silvonadux

This is one of my personal favorites that I like to call: Sonic Colors! There are 8 worlds to dash through while trying to save little alien guys called "wisps" from the evil clutches of doctor Eggman. There is also a world for one AND two player gameplay at Eggman's Sonic Simulater where you can play as sonic androids (blue, red, green, pink, and black) or your mii to win chaos emeralds to become super sonic. But you DO have to find red rings in the story mode to unlock more levels in the sonic simulater.
Teen, 16 years old Written byromneysgirlfriend November 1, 2012

Not as good as they say...at least for DS

I don't know about the Wii version, but for the DS it is a waste of time. I'm at the end of the game now, and it was NOT, let me tell you, worth buying the week after it was released for $30. Take it from me, too. Because I am a Sonic fan.

Kid, 11 years old August 6, 2012

SONIC IS FAST

SONIC IS REALLY FAST HE MUST HAVE DRANK A LOT OF COFFEE!

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 13 years old Written bylarlar327 August 16, 2011

Great game!

It's a good game in my perspective. Just manage the amount of jokes in the Wii version! It's a bit too short. This was the best Sonic game since sonic adventure 2! Not much violence, just explosions...
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 25, 2011

Sonic Gets Cocky

Though the game has minor violence throughout, there is no bad content portrayed in the game other than cocky behavior from Sonic himself.

Teen, 14 years old Written byIwaki April 17, 2011

A HUGE, HUGE IMPROVEMENT over the past few Sonic games.

I'm a 14 year old Sonic fan.

Sonic and the Secret Rings was not too easy to control, but it did try its best to get me into the game.

Sonic Unleashed was the worst out of all three failed Sonic games I've played. The plot was extremely stupid for a 14 year old like me. The Werehog? DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED.

Sonic and the Black Knight was boring, too. All it was, was the story of King Arthur, with Sonic the Hedgehog plastered all over it.

Sonic Colours at least has some replay value to me. The game has improved controls, so I think SEGA's getting ready for the Wii's best technology, and maybe the DS, too. The fact there are helpers in this game that do certain things really makes me happy as all of them have problem-solving abilities that aren't beat-em-up like Sonic the Werecrap.

Worth a buy unless your child DOES NOT LIKE SONIC AT ALL.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheHonestTruth March 8, 2011
This game went a notch up from what I was expecting. I'm not a big fan of the sonic fanchise but I gave this game a shot and ended up renting it. One concern I have is of how short it is. I played it over the weekend and finished it in four hours although some of the levels were hard and took me a few tries. The bosses were easier that the level and probably the easiest bosses in a video game.
The only violence is when sonic hits a robot or machine it give of a cartoonish explosion.
Overall it was just okay for me the cutscenes voice acting and music were all pluses. Yeah I'd say it's worth playing. It's a great game for younger kids. It's filled with both quirky humor and epicness.

Kid, 11 years old February 19, 2011

Fun to play with people!!

1st off I LOVE TO PLAY ANY SONIC GAME!!!!! It's the best out of all (so far! ;D) My bff Jordyn and I video tape us playing the game lol. It's so fun!!! The Sonic Simulater is 2 player. Wich is reaaallllyy FUN!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byEclipes December 19, 2010

game beater

i love that game i eat the hole game in 2 days and got super sonic in 1 day
Kid, 9 years old December 6, 2010
love it. thogh it is a bit hard.