All teen and kid member reviews for Sonic the Hedgehog

Teen, 15 years old Written by#1friezafangirl January 20, 2012

Don't Say NO to Sonic '06!

This game is one word. AWESOME. I have it for the 360, have beat it probably 5 times, and it is awesome. It doesn't glitch at all on MY Xbox. Silver the Hedgehog is the best hedgehog EVER, and the game's story is fantastic. Violence: Mild but there's kind of some scary images. Sexual Content: Princess Elise hugs and makes out with Sonic. Educational: I learned what 'psychokinesis' meant! Positive messages:Sonic saving Elise, Silver doing everything to change his future even if it meant killing Sonic. Positive Role Models:Sonic comforting Elise. This game is great, so if you picked it up on the shelf and put it back, you don't know what you're missing!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHotaru Chan November 3, 2010

BAD.

The glitches make the game difficult to play, and the story isn't that great either. The only thing good is the music, in my opinion.
Teen, 17 years old Written bynduns April 9, 2008

Sonic the Hedgehog? More like Sonic the Disaster

Thank you Spax3 for that title. Anyway, this game was way too flawed for me to enjoy. Okay, yes, I'll admit, the plot wasn't bad. I don't like Sonic getting involved with a human, though. (That and Sarah's a useless character anyway) Graphics are good, but some characters were altered such as Eggman. Silver is about the only cool thing about his game and his controls are awkward and all he can do is levitate objects. Worst thing of all is the loading screen. No matter what you do to get to another scene, there's going to be a minute and a half long loading screen that really takes the fun out of it because once the screen is gone, you'll feel less enthusiastic about getting to the next part. There are many other glitches but I just don't wanna get into them all.
Teen, 14 years old Written byilikehotdogs July 8, 2015

Underrated

Why does everyone hate this game
Kid, 9 years old July 1, 2015

I don't like Sonic HATERS.

This game seems amazing.
Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2013

Bad Game

Kids will blow this up!
Teen, 13 years old Written byshockninja October 9, 2011

Sonic gets even MORE super!

This game was very good, but there are also many different problems with the game. One of the problems is that the dialoge is SO CHEAP! I laughed out lound in some parts because of it. There are some scary parts, such as firey and dark monsters. That may scare younger fans, gamers, and/or, players. Another stupid part is the human-hedgehog relationship thing. Other than that, nothing is really wrong with this game. You can get this game for under $20 at GameStop, so if you don't like it, you didn't really blow much money.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySolidSnak May 20, 2016
gave me an excuse to throw out my broken 360 thanks sega
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

Stupid game!

This game is so wrong done this game shouldon't have camed out in 1990 not 2006 I only play it for 10 minutes with my little sister and (you need to keep saving Elise?) This game an't done right I hope it gets killed by Shadow the hedgehog.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKirbyWarrior12 February 28, 2016

Sonic the Hedgehog review

Follows a fairly linear path throughout the game. There's room to explore, but you won't get lost. The graphics are excellent. The plot and gameplay are both decent, but what really keeps you playing is the characters. Sonic, Shadow, Blaze and newcomer Silver are all bursting with personality and skills. Each character plays in their own way and they're all different. The one thing I don't like about this game is its intense difficulty at times. Towards the end of the game, it's got so hard I couldn't play for very long.
Kid, 11 years old February 9, 2016

A horrible game and not really appropriate for kids

Don't even bother buying this game. It's horrible. It's also very violent and more suggestive than any Sonic game ever. It's like Sonic's version of Final Fantasy. At least play this with your kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycallofduty6 December 29, 2015

Bad game, nothing bad in it though.

Sonic the Hedgehog a.k.a. Sonic 06 is a terrible game. The camera goes all over the place, the gameplay is super glitchy, the story is horrible, Sonic is fooling around with a human girl (they don't do anything bad but they kind of date). There r sum cutscenes with great CGI but then it goes to these bad CGI cutscenes right after. It was the same way with Sonic Riders. Y don't they have great CGI cutscenes the whole game??? But there is nothing inappropriate in it. the only redeeming value is silver who has psychokinesis Its just an overall bad game.
Kid, 11 years old July 22, 2015

Sonic the Hedgehog, the glitchiest game ever

The game was okay, but it had some frustrating moments including the speed stages, it is also very glitchy (one of the few good glitches include one where you jump on to a box as Sonic then keep spinkicking until you start floating, this glitch is difficult to use and the worst is a glitch where in the Wave Ocean super speed stage, when you jump over the bridge, sometimes you don't jump far enough, which is really frustrating!)
Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2015

Worst game ever

I hate this game it is the worst. Also common sense an implied romance? She freakin kisses him!
Teen, 14 years old Written byVeggieTalesFanGirl00 March 2, 2015

Frightening Stuff

The main villain, Mephiles the Dark is basically too frightening for younger viewers because it is said that he is a demon hedgehog who took Shadow the Hedgehog's form through his shadow. It does show a bit of Silver's likeness towards Amy Rose. The scene where Shadow argues with Mephiles before the Phase 1 bossfight could get a bit tense.
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2014

Not that bad

This game can be a little fun for some people, but others wouldn't enjoy it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPrequelHater878 September 10, 2014

THE WORST GAME OF ALL TIME

I am sure we have all heard why this game is bad, the horrible story, horrible controls etc. but that is all true. This is the worst game I have ever played in my entire life, do not even think about getting it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRevampedstone0 March 16, 2014

Hide your wife and children.......

The "game" is a black hole waiting to suck your entire family in. The "game" has so many bugs it isn't even funny.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Messenger November 3, 2013

Terrible gameplay, Not too bad a plot

The gameplay is glitchy and the levels are hard. The game does, however, have an interesting plot that slowly unfolds over time. The game is pretty violent and mildly disturbing, though. Sonic actually dies at one point when he gets blasted by Mephiles, who, by the way, is creepy on his own. If you're just looking for a fun game to play, don't bother.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysonicdudeturbo35 August 2, 2013

Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Review

Good Stuff: Somewhat Easy, Good Graphics, Good Gameplay, Fun Co-op Bad Stuff: Frustrating, Controls (For Others), Overwrought Story, Characters