Kid reviews for Spec Ops: The Line

Gory military shooter tackles difficult questions about war.

Kid, 12 years old July 16, 2012

great game

teaches kid the true horror of war and it's moral and civillan casulties
Teen, 16 years old Written byGenericGamertag March 9, 2016

"Do you feel like a hero yet?"

This is an anti-war game, ant it is sure to let you know that. It will show you the most horrific side of war the best that a video game can, and its pretty horrific. It's hard to describe without spoiling the game, but take my word for it, its gruesome. It is also one of the most, if not the most depressing game I have ever played. "I-I didn't mean to hurt anyone..." "Nobody ever does Walker"

Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2013

What a Journy!

Ok, three parts for this review. First, the game. This game is one of the greatest games of the year. The way the story develops is amazing and you are always on edge. Take notes, Gears of War. Next, why your kid should play this game. This is amazing for learning. This is what war is. People die. It's not the joyful awesome feel you get when you get a killstreak in Black Ops. This is the "Oh No!" feeling you get when your comerade dies in the Palace mission of Modern Combat 2, only every time someone dies. This game makes you learn morals and how to see what war is really like. Fnally, why your kid shouldn't play this game. No matter what your kid is used to, the violence will surprise them. There are large amounts of gore like in Darksiders II, only it's very realistic. There is also alot of cursing. To wrap this up, I say this is an amazing experience that is necessary for growing up, but only to teens and older tweens.

Teen, 15 years old Written byPart IV August 7, 2012

Dark, violent, and very mature shooter that is not for anyone under 17.

Teen, 15 years old Written byShelton W August 31, 2012

Too Much?,Too Realistic For Young Teens?

The one thing about Spec Ops:The Line is that it is a very gory game,and the blood and battle environment makes this one of the most realistic war games i have ever played.It is a fun game,no doubt,but there is alot of language in this game,i wish they had in the settings where you could turn the language off(like MW2,MW3,Black Ops).If you want to find a decent,pretty clean war game,go look into Modern Warfare 2,that game actually has the option of turning the language off,and blood.But i think Spec Ops:The Line would be ok for a mature teen 16 and up.

Kid, 11 years old August 10, 2012

not for kids

saw my dad play it and the first word i heard was fu-k. next thing i saw was an intensly bloody and disfigured soldier fall out of a banged up truck, causing the bad-mouthed reaction. i hear its good, but definately not for kids my age.

Teen, 16 years old Written byJock0 September 19, 2018

One of the best games ever and also one of the most disturbing

Played this game couple of months ago and I have to say that this is one of the most disturbing games ever created (coming from an 16 yr old), even more disturbing than some horror games. I thought that this is an simple third-person shooter, I was wrong!
Teen, 14 years old Written byAbyss Watcher January 29, 2017

Brilliant, Violent, twisted tearjerker.

Spec Ops is one of the most gory millitary shooters on the market. However any COD playing kid needs to play it. It demonstrates the horrors of war and the suffering it inflicts with PTSD featured heavily. Brilliant game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBreault October 25, 2015

Really good game, but emotional

I honestly think if you put the story aside this game could be for a little bit of a younger audience then 16+, but the story is dark and gritty and very emotional, it makes players think about their actions and the unsettling consequences. It really shows the face of war and its not just another Call of Duty or Battlefield, and it show that in war there really aren't any winners. Martin Walker (your character) is a Delta Force soldier sent on an evac mission in Dubai and without spoilers, eventually succumbs to PTSD. I honestly feel like my rating was just but it could be for a younger audience if you think they could handle it.

Ease of Play
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox June 24, 2015

Spec Ops: The Line

THIS IS THE MOST VIOLENT GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED (ALSO THE MOST DISTURBING. No sex. No drinking. LOTS of language maybe 100 uses of f*ck, 2 of c*nt, 20 goddamns, 300 shits. An army uses prosperos gas which burns its victims alive, what they dont realize is the people were good that they killed, you can shoot heads of enemies, a man burns alive, 1000s of enemies die, the soldiers are CONSTANTLY getting hurt... If it were a movie it would be rated R for strong nonstop violence and for strong pervaisve language. Ok for 15+

Privacy & Safety
Kid, 12 years old September 19, 2014

Not for little kids.

Sorry kids but no Spec Ops for you I'm afraid. I'm not the bad guy here, but the Gore is strong in this game and will give you nightmares. People shown dead on the ground and hanged by their neck in the sky. People's heads blown off. No, not for little kiddies. I played this when I was 11 and if my Mom saw that Gore and blood. She would have grounded me with no violent games for two weeks.....probably. Anyway, I beat this game in two days and I liked it. Except for the Gore and all. But, not for 12 year olds, maybe when there mature enough.

Ease of Play
Teen, 17 years old Written byEziotheAssassin May 13, 2013

Violent, gory game with dark and depressing themes. *SPOILERS*

This game, while it may be a great, dark story, is incredibly violent and gory. Moral choices that always lead to bad endings will leave you hating himself. Some of the cutscenes and disturbing violence will make A Clockwork Orange look tame. One sequence (spoilers) has the choice to take on an army in a huge, frustrating gunfight to get to the civilians, but the other choice is to launch mortars filled with white phosphorus, later having you walk through the wreckage and burning bodies begging for mercy. As you go to save the civilians, you realize that the phosphorus hit the civilians and has burned about 50 innocent people, two people, mother and daughter, holding each other with frozen screams on their faces. The dialog eventually leads to stressful swearing and shouting, leaving a feeling of unease. Tons of blood spills out when you shoot one shot in someone, while shooting the head will end in a bloody explosion with a neck stump with a bone sticking out ever so slightly. Lots of bloody aftermaths seen on-screen frequently. This game is still great, as dark as it was.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPart II August 7, 2012

Very mature shooter.

Theres alot of horrific violence in this, its not for anyone under 17.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPART III August 7, 2012

Why!

This game is incredabley violent, people are shot in the head, burned bodies, hanging coarpes, and lots of profanity to.

Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. August 1, 2012

NOT FOR KIDS!

This is not a game for kids, people are shown hanging from ropes, heads explode when shot, and blood and gore coats the floors and walls, its not for kids at all theres some pretty messed up stuff in here.