Parent reviews for Splatoon 2

Colorful multiplayer shooter is captivating, can melt hours.

Adult Written byFryhole7442 March 25, 2019

Great game falls short with no 2 player couch co op available

Played the demo which was a blast until my girlfriend wanted to join in. Realized that there is no way to play split screen in the game. Its a shame because the game was fun, would have bought it if there was 2 player couch co op available but that was the deal breaker for me. Still cant believe they wasted the potential of a great co op game by taking away such an obvious selling point of a multiplayer focused game.
Adult Written byRonnam1 October 23, 2020

Great Game!

Splatoon 2 is a great game, with incredible graphics. It is super fun, and colorful. It is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. You can use 'money' you earn by participating in online games with random people. You can spend it on weapons and clothes. The only reason this game could be innapropreite is because someone could use an innapropreite username.

Adult Written bySplat attack dude March 6, 2019

It’s good depending on your opinion

It is true that one of the characters has a open look but does not show anything so you will have to see for yourself on pictures. The art that you can share can possibly be inappropriate but you ca easily turn it off in the options . The marina character is not very inappropriate though but I recommend looking at a picture of her just in case.

Adult Written byRealName00 November 11, 2018

Its amazingly fun and good for at least 5 up!

Splatoon 2 is a very good game and there is not really much violence, consumerism (accept for paid DLC which is optional) Not at all any sexual content, swearing, drinking/drugs/smoking, you don't really have to worry about the safety and privacy and there aren't any good "role models" or "great messages" People might complain about the art in the square (main spawn area) or one of the character's clothing but 1, (you can disable art by following these steps, 1. Open your menu with X, 2. Go to the "Options" or "Settings" tab. 3. Go to "other" 4. click off on posts. If you don't want your kids playing the online multiplayer or don't want to pay for Switch online every year or 3 months you can just get them the Octo Expansion and they will have 2 great offline single player modes to play! Overall this game is really good and doesn't deserve all the negative reviews because of what content is hardly even part of the full game!

Adult Written byTwigglet July 7, 2018

Fun game, but highly inappropriate player created content

Although this is a fun game, my big complaint is that children are exposed to highly inappropriate content in the game lobby. Other players can display drawings and messages that are not monitored. The messages are on by default and hand to be manually turned off in the options. In an hour of game play we saw messages about race wars, calling straight people deranged, sexual references, and inappropriate drawings. That alone takes a fun, kid-friendly game and makes it not safe for children to play.

Adult Written byMark Fershtadt July 4, 2018

Best creation ever!

I have a brother who is 10 yrs old. We play this game together and we enjoy it. According to Marina, some parents think she is very inappropriate. Kids, good luck and I hope that you will have fun.

Parent of a 3 and 4-year-old Written byMiguel M. April 11, 2018

My Most Favorite Video Game On Nintendo Switch!!!! :D

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!! I have beat Splatoon 1 and Splatoon 2 because they are the greatest games ever, I mostly play Splatoon 2 online, I got the Digital Version that came with the Nintendo Switch splatoon 2 edition i got for christmas. so Once again, This is a great game!

Adult Written byMark J. December 13, 2017

SPATATATATTAAT

Splatoon is a very good shooter that brought my kids lots of joy.

Adult Written byOddball20 January 13, 2020

A must have Nintendo Switch game.

This game is definitely in my top 3 favorite Nintendo Switch games. Is is very colorful and can burn hours out of you’re day. This is an extremely addicting game in the best way. I recommend to ALL users.

SPLATOON 2 doesn't have much detail for its story, but instead focuses on Inkopolis and the efforts you must take to regain balance between two warring factions. In single-player, you seek to wrest control back from the Octarians, who are stockpiling zapfishes. It's essentially a context for you to learn the game's controls and various gameplay mechanics. The more you play, the more gear and weapons you unlock, and the more adept you'll become at painting levels with your arsenal and traversing all kinds of terrain. The online modes, where most of the gameplay lies, let you compete against other players in timed matches, which are variations on capture the flag, king of the hill, or most territory captured wins matches.

Retails for $59.99

What’s in the game?

Violence - Players tote guns, lob bombs, "splat" competing opponents with paint. Enemies vanish, reappear after a few seconds when defeated.

Sexual Costumes - Some female avatars can wear revealing attire suggestively, exposing midriff.

Adult Written byDJ Octavio January 3, 2020

Great Game

It's so great for all ages to enjoy

Parent Written bywizardortitan October 20, 2019

A nonviolent shooter? It's possible!

This addictive must-have for the Nintendo Switch stands out in how despite being a shooter, it goes out of its way to never make violence the objective. Goals include covering turf, gathering eggs, etc., but never just "shoot all these people." Shooting fellow players with paint is apart of the game, but it's hardly 'violence', as all that really happens is that they regenerate at the start point. Highly recommended for anyone with a Switch.
Adult Written byAnonymos June 23, 2019
Adult Written bySplooshy123 February 5, 2019

Its Not What It Looks Like Adults

This Is Not For 10+ You Know Im 9 Years Old And Im Playing This Game And My Parents Allow it So Its Fun

Adult Written byJHCRAZYWOLF January 23, 2019

A brief review of Splatoon 2

Splatoon 2 is a game made by Nintendo. You can play this game with the Nintendo Switch. This is a game where squids evolve into inklings that are half human and squid. With two genders you could choose either male or female. During the choosing, you can also change the eyecolor, skin tone, hairstyle, and types of pants you want your inkling to have. I feel like the goal of the game is to Create a plot or a story that no one ever thought of. Who would think of a character that are squids evolved to humans? Also I think their other goal is to show people how they are impacting the world negatively.
You will start this game with a tutorial which guides you on how to control and play the game. The inkling can submerge into ink and go thru metal fences in squid form. Making them move faster unnoticed. After the tutorial, You will be transported to the main lobby Inkopolis, where you can shop for clothes, shoes, weapons, and hats. I think that the tutorial is really helpful because, you wouldn’t understand the game in the first place without it.
Splatoon’s normal game mode is story mode, where you will find a agent called Marie who is an idol in Splatoon 1. And you go thru a investigation with her to a mysterious mission.

Now to the online modes. The first is called Turf War. This game mode can be played with no limited levels. The objective of this game is to fill the whole terrain with your teammates ink color. And the team that covers the most wins. The next online mode is Ranked Mode. This is a mode for levels higher than 10. It doesn’t matter what level you are, but it matters on how much game you win with your team. There will be a bar telling you what Rank you are in. For starters you will start in C- Work your way up to the X Rank. In this game, you will have a different objectives; each unique and exciting to play. I really recommend doing turf war until your level is about 30 because the system will put you with people on levels 60 or 71 which makes the game more amazing. On my opinion I like the Ranked mode because it is more enjoyable than Turf Wars. Turf Wars is just covering the place with ink. But in Ranked mode, you are not only covering but revealing your true skills in the game.
Splatoon is a wonderful game that has excellent graphics, story, music, and entertainment. I seriously recommend this game to the peoples who like real life graphic, mystery, and never ending fun. This game could seriously affect the humans view toward the world right now, as some of the story mode maps reference some of the environmental damages the humans are doing to the sea today.
In 2018, a new Splatoon 2 expansion came out, called the Octo Expansion. The expansion includes new characters (called octolings), new story mode, and new songs. When you download the expansion and play the game, the exact time you spawn in the main square, you will see a dialogue appear saying, “Uhh… is it just me, or does that alleyway seem a little... fishy? Yeah, definitely something fishy going on over there. Probably best ignore it.” Whatever you do, don’t ignore it! You have to go there to start the Expansion story mode. I won’t talk about the story mode because this is a expansion you yourself have to experience. It is mind blowing, this is the most worth it expansion you can ever buy. I recommend this expansion to the players who love dystopian, fantasy, and mystery genre games. Also for the people who read the Leviathan series because the setting of the game kind of matches the book.

Parent of a 9-year-old Written byMargaret M. November 22, 2017

Splat

I think it is alright though a bit annoying for new joiners because of some game mechanics and higher levelled players. It is colourful fast paced and addictive. I love it.

Adult Written byGeorge L. November 10, 2017