Kid reviews for Splatoon 2

Colorful multiplayer shooter is captivating, can melt hours.

Kid, 9 years old July 24, 2017

My New Favorite Game!!

I absolutely LOVE this game!! I just got yesterday and already played for 7 hours. It is not very violent at all. You only shoot paint and when people die they only disappear and respawn so no blood or gore at all. And you only shoot paint so I think kids 7+ should be able to play. I definitely recommend this game!!

Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2017

BEST GAME EVER IN WORLD

I WILL STOP PLAYING ROBLOX TO PLAY THIS BEST GAME EVER GOODGAME OH YES BABY MM GOOD GAME VERY GOOD SHOOTER I LOVE IT BETTER THAN COD OR ANY OF THOSE GORE GAMES MMM GREAT GAME THATS SOME GOOD GAME RIGHT HERE BOI

Teen, 15 years old Written byLopunny September 21, 2017

Engaging and colourful fun, endless entertainment

Splatoon 2 is an amazing addition to the Switch which encourages teamwork and communication, it is a fun shooter without the addition of mature themes normally found in other shooters, content-wise, this game is fine for any age, the only age issue is that the controls can be moderately difficult for younger players, but overall the controls are fairly easy to use, and the game does a great job of teaching you the basics of the game in the tutorial and in the single player story mode, it just might take you a bit longer to master the more advanced strategies and playstyles. The game has no gore whatsoever, the game even focuses more about the objective such as covering the most ink in your area than splatting your opponents, this game is heaps of fun, with a range of different modes, it will keep everyone entertained for hours on end, this game is addictive and fun(addictive in a good way). With a fun story mode that teaches you all the basics and gets you trying a range of different weapons in heaps of different creative and unique and fun levels, a co-op mode where you work entirely as a team to defeat different kinds of bosses to collect power eggs, normal and ranked online modes with a range of different maps and objectives, regular free updates, regularly adding new weapons and maps and features to the game, customisation, you can show your personality through the different hair styles and gear combinations, and a wide range of bright and fun colours, this game is great for a wide range of ages and contains endless fun, I consider this a must-have game for anyone who has purchased the Switch.

Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2017

Fun,Fun,Fun

fun just to addictive and shooting but overall one of the best not like call of duty and stuff

Privacy & Safety
Kid, 10 years old September 1, 2018

Amazing!!

Splatoon 2 is my favorite game on the Switch!! It's a fun, interesting way to have a shooter game but still make it as kid-friendly as possible. And the concept of inklings/octolings (kids who can turn into squids/octopuses) is really creative!!

Teen, 13 years old Written bylitil dog September 9, 2018

hard

very hard no violence

Teen, 17 years old Written byKyleKirkpatrick123 September 6, 2018

The original was amazing, this is even better!

Since the Wii U was a flop, a lot of people missed out on the joy of the original Splatoon game. However, this sequel brings back everything that made Splatoon amazing, and makes it even better! It's still pretty much the same game as the first one with the same maps, same weapons, and same accessories for your Inklings (of course they have free updates often which adds new content) and the Campaign mode is greatly improved with a better story and level design and can help you learn the basics of the game, especially useful if you didn't play the original game. The online mode is the same old, with two new game modes (The Salmon Run game mode is VERY addicting!!) Overall, a great game and a must-own for Nintendo Switch players. The only thing that I will say that parents might want be warned of is the female characters are "slightly" suggestive just based on some of the clothing they can wear, however it's nothing major...
Teen, 13 years old Written byMikumikutime54 July 10, 2018

Good but some things you need to wach

Splatoon two sequel to splatoon is. A solid and fun action packed game with a harder story mode than before. Choose different wepons and gear to make your inkling look stylish.this game has some really solid controls and gameplay features however marina has quite the reviling outfit and there is some adult jokes.next there is a dlc pack but I rate the content of this twelve to teen why well there is a bit of nudity as you choose an Octo ling however important parts are covers next in the chat logs marina explains what got off the hook started as she revels pearls first peace of music however the alarming part is they are some sights like this ?$&@& with some words as marina says there was a reason that go live if your kid is ten and doesn’t have Octo Expansion no need to wach but when Octo Expansion please wach do you can give patently giidence

Teen, 13 years old Written byEpicGamer425 June 26, 2018

9/10

I think this game is REALLY GREAT! The concept may be unique, the gameplay is executed almost flawlessly, the game is overall well balanced and easy to pick up, and the game is one of the best multiplayer games on the nintendo switch! Overall it's really great, (I've spent over 200 hours on it), and it is overall really fun and a game that definitely has a lot of content. DETAILS: Graphics: 8/10 It has a good cartoony art style, and overall it really fits well with the gameplay and the theme of the game. It's not realistic at all, but it has a good art style. Gameplay: 10/10 Overall the multiplayer is well balanced and easy to pick up, while also putting up more competitive challenges like ranked and salmon run. There is also a single-player, and while it only is supposed to prepare you for the multiplayer, there is also the Octo Expansion DLC, which adds tons of new difficult single-player challenges. Story: 6/10 Overall, it's not too story heavy. I won't spoil any here (even though there isn't really any story to spoil) it's not an amazing story, but it's enough to have some semi-interesting plot-line that goes well with the single-player. Like I mentioned above, the Octo Expansion DLC also fixes that by having some intricate story, and one that fits well with the aesthetic of the DLC. Sound: 1-10/10 The soundtrack is... unique. Since this game takes place in a weird world taken over by squids, there music is not what most people would expect. It I personally love the soundtrack but I know that a lot of people would say otherwise. The sound FX are satisfying and fit the theme and feel of the game, and overall i think the sound and music are really good but I'm pretty sure that some people would feel otherwise. Basically, I think that it's an amazing game. Highly recommend it for anybody that just wants something to maybe play to kill time or to get competitive with.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTurkeyman February 18, 2018

This game is not appropriate!

First of all you can tea bag the floor, and there can be inappropriate outfits in it. Otherwise it is fine
Kid, 10 years old January 2, 2018

Fresh details for Splatoon 2

Splatoon 2 is a really fun game for the nintendo switch. Violence is only paintball guns, rollers, snipers, and Paintball bombs. Sex is only limited to a few female characters wearing sexy outfits. Players can post language on Miiverse, which is basically Nintendo social media. I would recommend that kids under 13 have nintendo switch parental control enabled because one of the features restricts social media posting. Otherwise I would recommend Splatoon 2.
Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2018

THE BEST

alright first don't look a the one star parent reviews and if you think that red ink resembles blood no its a color and that other dumb things that are in bad reviews are a lie this game is GREAT and octo expansion makes it 109878737876676776677908905789560787954789796 times cooler after the first splatoon this is better if you have a switch get this NOW

Kid, 10 years old February 23, 2018

This game is crazy fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Splatoon 2 is a great third person shooter game. It does not have much violence but the controls are pretty complicated. Overall the game is great.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKrypticus December 27, 2017

Simple Yet Captivating

Wow. GREAT game. Most of the game revolves around online gameplay with other people, but there is no voice chat(unless you download a separate app on your smartphone, allowing you to communicate with your team). There are, though, many different game modes and internet connection is not required for story mode. It's insanely fun and an AMAZING take on a "shooter" game, using cartoonish squids versus octopi, and ink guns with no graphic violence whatsoever as opposed to many of the violent games cranked out by other companies. Nintendo lands another great hit.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycomet-.- August 2, 2018

TERRIBLE, dont waste ur money

this game used to be fun to play but now splatoon has had TERRIBLE weapons added that r way to overpowered that need to be removed like the bloblobber. the splatoon community is filled with toxic people and the game itself is toxic too. i cant stand playing this game anymore and no one should waste their money buying a piece of junk
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmeisner2431 July 14, 2018

Fun starter shooter, kills time in a great way

Splatoon 2 is a great game - one of my personal favorites - and it doesn't hesitate to hold that back from you. Pretty much anyone can enjoy it as it is very family-friendly. The violence factor is kind of dimmed down as the game only uses paint as a weapon, and it is more reminiscent of playing paintball than it is of Call of Duty. In terms of sexual content, there isn't really any, apart from the fact that there are some characters that wear crop tops/clothing that reveals stomachs. But that's, like, one character, and it's barely prominent at all. There's no swearing or consumerism, and no in-app purchases. But for all this, it's an amazing game that you will sink HOURS into.

Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2018

A family friendly game for youngsters who want to play shooting games!

I think this game is a very nice game! It has very *very* Minimal violence, No language (Unless you think heck is a swear word, in which you should likely think over your life) , decent messages and role models, no sexual content, no drugs, its a perfect family game! If your young child, and see's, lets say, your dad, playing some Violent shooter game like call of duty, and they ask to play. What do you do? You cant let your young child see that level of violence! You need an alternative... what do you do? This game is the answer! With everything a said above, it sounds perfect, right? Well, almost. If your kid is under 10, or a very sore loser-esc any age child, please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT LET THEM PLAY A MODE IN THE GAME CALLED RANKED! Its a very challenging mode, in which in punishes you for losing, and may end up causing your child to get angry, and throw their controller across the room. But other than that, this is a superb game for kids wanting to get into the shooter genre. And before I end this review, may I add that there is zero real bullets! They use ink instead!
Teen, 13 years old Written byorangebird May 25, 2018

Teen, 17 years old Written byMohacas January 29, 2018

Not worth it

Splatoon 2, in comparison to the original Splatoon 1, feels kind of lacking. The game itself feels more like a remake of Splatoon 1 than a proper sequel. Most of these so-called shooter genres are basically the same thing, new maps, new weapons, which is pretty much it. The single-player campaign is very short, with all sorts of levels, but that's not the point. Callie leaves Marie to go side with the Octarians, while Off the Hook stays back doing nothing about it? That was kind of disappointing. The Salmon Run is good, but don't ask me why they decided to lock out that mode for certain times already. The disconnections are EVEN WORSE than the previous game. Nintendo kept the peer-2-peer multiplayer system that they used for the Splatoon 1 game, yet that shows they don't care about the frequent disconnections, because if you disconnect too much you'll get a temporary ban if you disconnect. That's right, the game punishes you if you disconnect too much which is completely RANDOM. Even most games had a ping limit to easily match you! If you're more into a cooperative/single-player experience, this probably isn't for you, but if you're more into competitive games like Overwatch, etc, than you should get this one if you enjoy it's gameplay. If you want something that's cooperative, and has a good single-player campaign, get Warframe or Destiny. (Nintendo Switch does not have a shooter game like those yet)

Teen, 15 years old Written byMarvelReview November 20, 2017

A very great first person shooter for the kids

You may associate the term "first person shooter" with games such as Call of Duty or Battlefield, games I have played, but this can be a first person shooter for kids. The violence in this game is there, but it is really great with kids that want to play these games but are too young. I was bought my first Call of Duty game when I was around the age of 11 and I enjoyed it very much, but I was mature for my age compared to my classmates. I was okay with the gore since I have seen much worse things than a virtual aim and shoot so I was fine with that. For Splatoon 2, you don't need to worry. The blood in this game is now ink or paint. All weapons use ink or paint, and all specials and explosives use ink. It isn't fatal either. The character you choose when killed will explode into ink instead of drop down and be a corpse. And the "sex" catagory is really dumb. Clothing that goes a tad over the knee isn't considred sexy to a kid unless the kid is taught to be attracted to that. Or the kid has weird fettish.... either way, nothing should stop you from buying the game. And the consumerism is a joke too. You don't need to buy the amiibos to play the game, they just unlock a couple of costumes your character can use.