Kid reviews for Splatoon 2

Colorful multiplayer shooter is captivating, can melt hours.

Kid, 9 years old July 24, 2017

My New Favorite Game!!

I absolutely LOVE this game!! I just got yesterday and already played for 7 hours. It is not very violent at all. You only shoot paint and when people die they only disappear and respawn so no blood or gore at all. And you only shoot paint so I think kids 7+ should be able to play. I definitely recommend this game!!

Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2017

BEST GAME EVER IN WORLD

I WILL STOP PLAYING ROBLOX TO PLAY THIS BEST GAME EVER GOODGAME OH YES BABY MM GOOD GAME VERY GOOD SHOOTER I LOVE IT BETTER THAN COD OR ANY OF THOSE GORE GAMES MMM GREAT GAME THATS SOME GOOD GAME RIGHT HERE BOI

Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2017

Fun,Fun,Fun

fun just to addictive and shooting but overall one of the best not like call of duty and stuff

Privacy & safety
Kid, 10 years old January 2, 2018

Fresh details for Splatoon 2

Splatoon 2 is a really fun game for the nintendo switch. Violence is only paintball guns, rollers, snipers, and Paintball bombs. Sex is only limited to a few female characters wearing sexy outfits. Players can post language on Miiverse, which is basically Nintendo social media. I would recommend that kids under 13 have nintendo switch parental control enabled because one of the features restricts social media posting. Otherwise I would recommend Splatoon 2.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLopunny September 21, 2017

Engaging and colourful fun, endless entertainment

Splatoon 2 is an amazing addition to the Switch which encourages teamwork and communication, it is a fun shooter without the addition of mature themes normally found in other shooters, content-wise, this game is fine for any age, the only age issue is that the controls can be moderately difficult for younger players, but overall the controls are fairly easy to use, and the game does a great job of teaching you the basics of the game in the tutorial and in the single player story mode, it just might take you a bit longer to master the more advanced strategies and playstyles. The game has no gore whatsoever, the game even focuses more about the objective such as covering the most ink in your area than splatting your opponents, this game is heaps of fun, with a range of different modes, it will keep everyone entertained for hours on end, this game is addictive and fun(addictive in a good way). With a fun story mode that teaches you all the basics and gets you trying a range of different weapons in heaps of different creative and unique and fun levels, a co-op mode where you work entirely as a team to defeat different kinds of bosses to collect power eggs, normal and ranked online modes with a range of different maps and objectives, regular free updates, regularly adding new weapons and maps and features to the game, customisation, you can show your personality through the different hair styles and gear combinations, and a wide range of bright and fun colours, this game is great for a wide range of ages and contains endless fun, I consider this a must-have game for anyone who has purchased the Switch.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMarvelReview November 20, 2017

A very great first person shooter for the kids

You may associate the term "first person shooter" with games such as Call of Duty or Battlefield, games I have played, but this can be a first person shooter for kids. The violence in this game is there, but it is really great with kids that want to play these games but are too young. I was bought my first Call of Duty game when I was around the age of 11 and I enjoyed it very much, but I was mature for my age compared to my classmates. I was okay with the gore since I have seen much worse things than a virtual aim and shoot so I was fine with that. For Splatoon 2, you don't need to worry. The blood in this game is now ink or paint. All weapons use ink or paint, and all specials and explosives use ink. It isn't fatal either. The character you choose when killed will explode into ink instead of drop down and be a corpse. And the "sex" catagory is really dumb. Clothing that goes a tad over the knee isn't considred sexy to a kid unless the kid is taught to be attracted to that. Or the kid has weird fettish.... either way, nothing should stop you from buying the game. And the consumerism is a joke too. You don't need to buy the amiibos to play the game, they just unlock a couple of costumes your character can use.

Kid, 10 years old February 23, 2018

This game is crazy fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Splatoon 2 is a great third person shooter game. It does not have much violence but the controls are pretty complicated. Overall the game is great.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMohacas January 29, 2018

Not worth it

Splatoon 2, in comparison to the original Splatoon 1, feels kind of lacking. The game itself feels more like a remake of Splatoon 1 than a proper sequel. Most of these so-called shooter genres are basically the same thing, new maps, new weapons, which is pretty much it. The single-player campaign is very short, with all sorts of levels, but that's not the point. Callie leaves Marie to go side with the Octarians, while Off the Hook stays back doing nothing about it? That was kind of disappointing. The Salmon Run is good, but don't ask me why they decided to lock out that mode for certain times already. The disconnections are EVEN WORSE than the previous game. Nintendo kept the peer-2-peer multiplayer system that they used for the Splatoon 1 game, yet that shows they don't care about the frequent disconnections, because if you disconnect too much you'll get a temporary ban if you disconnect. That's right, the game punishes you if you disconnect too much which is completely RANDOM. Even most games had a ping limit to easily match you! If you're more into a cooperative/single-player experience, this probably isn't for you, but if you're more into competitive games like Overwatch, etc, than you should get this one if you enjoy it's gameplay. If you want something that's cooperative, and has a good single-player campaign, get Warframe or Destiny. (Nintendo Switch does not have a shooter game like those yet)

Teen, 15 years old Written byKrypticus December 27, 2017

Simple Yet Captivating

Wow. GREAT game. Most of the game revolves around online gameplay with other people, but there is no voice chat(unless you download a separate app on your smartphone, allowing you to communicate with your team). There are, though, many different game modes and internet connection is not required for story mode. It's insanely fun and an AMAZING take on a "shooter" game, using cartoonish squids versus octopi, and ink guns with no graphic violence whatsoever as opposed to many of the violent games cranked out by other companies. Nintendo lands another great hit.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTurkeyman February 18, 2018

This game is not appropriate!

First of all you can tea bag the floor, and there can be inappropriate outfits in it. Otherwise it is fine
Teen, 14 years old Written byHumanbowser Koopa February 7, 2018

Splatoon 2 is really fun.

The most violent thing in this game are when machines in the single player explode. Other than that, this 3rd person shooter is very fun and kid friendly.

Kid, 12 years old February 2, 2018

Splatoon 2 makes the Switch great again!

This game is very well done with easy controls and a fun variety of modes. I didn't get why Common Sense put the controls as difficult. I can see anyone that likes shooters liking this one.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJasonvorhees October 13, 2017
It's a very good game it's a must play