Parent reviews for Split/Second

Explosive racing game encourages aggressive driving.

Based on 1 review

Parent of a 13 and 16 year old Written bynuenjins August 18, 2014

The only cool game that has had the Disney name attached in ages.

Yeah, believe it,... Disney. Yeah I know, everyone who would love this game will most likely roll their eyes and spit at the thought of watching some fluff Disney garbage, but it must be just the financial backing of Disney only because as an adult with teens, this is one of the best and original racers out there. With 2 player split screen and the ability to activate various environmental hazards with a button press as well as earnable speed boosting nitro, jumps and lots of Hollywood style over the top destruction. This is a very good arcade style racer with very intense fantasy action. All this is executed with realistic, smooth texture graphics and flawless steering sensitivity with a varity of cars to fit your 'feel' for the road and playstyle. I am usually a very particular and straightforward reviewer, however, being a lifelong gamer myself I can honestly say my second thoughts were washed away very quickly my family all had a blast playing together. Lacking is the 4 player split screen of games like Blur but at the current price of $20 or less it is definitely worth the buy. Besides, after an intense race, taking turns can often be a good thing as you may need a breather in between, which begs me to mention it's fun to watch as well.

Ease of Play