Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Spore

This exceptional evolution sim is a masterpiece.

Parent of a 3, 5, and 10 year old Written byTheHarrisfamily April 30, 2010

Best game eva

Its an an awesome game you don't need to worry

Parent of a 14 year old Written byLuke Jacobs March 9, 2010

BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing is animated violence and a little tiny bit of blood. It's really cool because it teaches you that life on another planet can be just about anything!

Adult Written byTyler9 December 3, 2010

Parent of a 11 and 16 year old Written byInfantry121 April 1, 2010

Best game evar.

now,Cookiedude,Safety,YOU CANT TALK TO ANYONE,ITS A SINGLE PLAYER ONLY GAME!!!!!Both my kids play it,my daughter has gotten to the center of the galaxy,and my son has taken about half of the Grox.10 out of 10

Adult Written byZagofar666 July 6, 2014

Why is everyone on this site so paranoid!?!

Every day, my kids go to school, and at least 2-3 times a week, they tell me that someone in their class swore, fought or was generally nasty to some else. Spore is about 60 percent less... "Inappropriate" then school. Just turn on the buddies option and you will be fine

Ease of Play
Adult Written bybons January 6, 2009
Parent of a 16 year old Written byBrainymom December 9, 2012

Good For the Entire Family

Adorable but smart the only negative I can see with Spore is that it can be addictive! The whole family can play.

Parent Written byAlex C. May 4, 2017

it is appropriate for ages 5 and up, but it would most likely be hard for any 5 year old to understand.

It is a great game, but it might be confusing for people under 9 years old. nothing is bad about the game. But younger kids wouldn't understand it, so I recommend only getting this game for people 8+. It also has great educational value. GREAT GAME!!

Adult Written byJinny Gudmundsen June 23, 2009
Love that kids learn by experimenting.

Parent of a 9 year old Written byAmitra71 October 27, 2015

Parent of a 9 year old

My 9 year old plays this game - and I played a little bit too. As another reviewer said, this game really is 4 mini-games, and it's supposed to show the evolution of a creature from cellular stage in the ocean to a space faring race. Overall it's a fun game to play, and we both enjoyed the first two stages. The game lost me at the 3rd stage, where the controls got changed, and the tutorial was poor. My 9 year old persevered, and got through to the end. He says that it's kind of strange - the game goes from cell life to organism, from organism to animal, from animal to tribes. Then suddenly it skips ahead from tribes to battle tanks - a drastic jump in his mind. He would have expected a bit more in between. I did see the science being taught in this, though it did lean more towards "intelligent design" than actual evolution. I wouldn't use this as more than a place to start a discussion about evolution, and how it's different than this. But it's a fun game, and more intelligent than most video games out there. Worth the money, I thought.
Parent of a 11 year old Written by3Grietsion3 September 26, 2014

Why do 2,603 Amazon Reviewers give this only 1 star??

Out of 3,335 reviews, with 5 being best, there are 2,603 one star reviews. So, why does this website give it high ratings? I have to go with the Amazon reviewers. Visit Amazon for detailed reviews....
Adult Written byCuriousGerbil October 28, 2009

Ths is a great game for kids and adults.

The game has a wonderful interface and is very easy to learn. It also moves at a good pace. It is much easier to play than most strategy games making great for young gamers.