All parent member reviews for SSX

Adult Written byJEDI micah April 27, 2013

One word: AWESOME!!!

I love, love, LOVE this game! I'm not normally a sports game guy, but man, this is extremely amazing! Snowboarding through rough mountain ranges, performing sick air tricks, and even flying through mid-air with a wing suit makes this game incredibly enjoyable! This is that kind of game that will give you an adrenaline rush feeling that makes you want to do more tricks! This game is a winner, without question!
Parent of a 13 and 16 year old Written bynuenjins September 15, 2014

SSX throws tedious tasks into the fun factor it's famous for.

SSX is hands down the best snowboarding game out there. Other games pale to it and have failed in fun, presentation, execution, and usually are graphically boring in comparison. Having said all this SSX is HD for the first time and just as impressive as ever. You pull insane tricks, grind, fly high, gain boosts and navigate the mountain in several insane and fun ways including the 'squirrel' suit.......however..... the fun is now overshadowed by tasks that are often frustrating and kill the fluid gameplay that it's been known for. For instance, there is now a rewind button but it's not really for convenience, it's because you will be falling off the track so much that you will have to use it over and over just to survive on many of the missions you're given. If that sounds fun you may like the elusive 'don't run out of oxygen coming down the mountain' as you do as little as possible to just get down the hill without passing out and sometimes when it's pitch black. These additions for realisms sake cause me to recommend almost ANY other older rendition of the game. Realism is OK in some instances but it shouldn't force fun games like this into not being the over the top get together game it used to be. Oh, and now it's only 1 player local too. I can't recommend this to anyone who's played the old one unless you would enjoy the new 'realistic tasking' and online only multiplayer. Best one in my opinion was the Gamecube versions SSX On Tour where you get to be Mario, Luigi and Princess Peach or you can try SSX3 both of which are split secreen and forego the mission orientated story. They are not as graphically impressive but overall much more fun.