All parent member reviews for Star Wars: Battlefront II

Parent of a 9 and 18+ year old Written byMW23 April 7, 2010
Adult Written byMi3 February 5, 2011
Parent of a 9 year old Written byS Snape November 15, 2009

great game but too innapropriate for some kids.

it has alot of violence but there is no blood or gore. it is just battling enemy armies but there is also adventure mode, wich is very different from instant action. i herd a bad word once in it, but it wasnt too bad. charachters get killed alot by lightsabers, guns, grenades, tanks, turrets, and almost any weapo in star wars. it is also a good multiplayer game like smash bros, and kids will probably like itbecause its only action.people say theres blood but it is only sparks. the only thing that is close to gore is robotic arms and legs laying around.
Adult Written byAlphaZK93 July 20, 2010

SWB2 Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

SWB2 is more violent than SWB1, as the body "flight" is more realistic, there are alien creatures than step on soldiers, and there is the use of a steroid-like drug known as "bacta serum". The game's storyline also requires that you kill innocent citizens (the game takes place after episode III, and thus the good clones turn into bad stormtroopers. there are a few missions as those troopers.) This game also rewards head shots and mass-killings with upgraded weapons, something SWB1 did not do. This is definitely a 13/14+ game.
Adult Written byolderdude90 April 9, 2008

Pretty Good, Great Graphics, Death may Occur (about 20 times)

This is overall a great shooter. But if you dont like frustrating games, get Thomas and Friends: Trouble on the Tracks- that alto be REAL EASY for U. Seriously, though, it takes 20 shots(Depending on the weapon ya got- Sniper rifles take about 2)to kill your enemy. Then you die after about 4 shots. Simple. You go into a battle and kill about 2 guys and then 2 guys kill you. Star Wars fans will love, Thomas the Train fans will hate. **** The violence is about E-E10 level because you shoot with lasers and it takes a while to kill someone. The Language is PG level, though i've seen G movies with worse. If U like the word D--M then play SPACE CTF 1 Flag with the republic. Every time the CIS gets a point, the Clones say "Another point for the CIS, D--M!! D--M is also used properly in Rise of the Empire- Mustafar(cut scene beginning) You'll also here minor Battlefield language(Hoth, especially). Great gift for the Star Wars dude who is between the ages of 11 and 16. :)
Adult Written byThe Voice of Reason July 17, 2015

Great Game but Unnecessary Swaring

In the game I heard what sounded a lot like F$$$ off. It disturbed me so much I shut off the voice. Thank GOD for that feature. Other than that it's a blast. It's also cool that if you don't want heroes you can turn off that as well; this is a very cool addiction. It would have received 5 stars if that unnecessary sound bite wasn't in there.
Parent Written byWalden'sWitsdotcom August 8, 2011

Keep It Black & White

I think my biggest concern with the game is that SW:BF2 tends to be morally neutral in terms of good vs. evil. You can play as any character in the SW saga that saw combat, including sith lords, the arch-villains. Some may be fine with that. Others, like me, view it as a morality play, where the evil is to be despised and eschewed. You can't do that and act as one of the evil characters to oppose the good. Someone that is over 12 should be able to understand the differences between good and evil and reasonably shift between one side and the other without blurring the lines.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bySokrr November 16, 2010

Slightly outdated now, but fun game.

My son's favorite PS2 game...it says "Mild Language", but there is almost no swearing. All it says is "damm". It's a shooter, but with no blood, and less violence.
Adult Written byFiggy66 July 26, 2010

OK for 6 plus

Ok game my 7 year old brother played it with me when i still had a ps2 now i have a 360 no blood violence is not bad at all. Bottom line if theve seen the movies let them play.
Adult Written byGamepartier October 26, 2009

The best star wars saga

I think that this is the best game ever made for the Star Wars saga me and my friend play it every day.I think this is okay for ages 8 and younger because this is not language,blood,or sexual content.So I give it a 5 star rating. *****
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

not too shabby

star wars has always been known for great games and this is a great game. there is no blood at all when a player gets shot he has armor and the guns are plasma. when you're a jedi there is no slicing, cutting, or any of that stuff. This is an ok game for anyone above the age of 12
Parent of a 10 and 14 year old Written byJeffPirie December 5, 2010
Adult Written byDarth Tim April 9, 2008

awesome

i loved it. the single player is really good, but im such a noob i can't get past Corasont. (i cant spell) The online is good but there are a lot of glitches that can p^#% u off. and people use some bad language but it is an awesome game.
Adult Written byjjgirton April 9, 2008

Total cacaphony

Hey, if you want a battle front in your living room, with sounds of screaming men dying, amongst the lasered dead and wounded, with enough firepower to light up Iraq and Vietnam combined, then, you want Star Wars Battlefront. This game will train our children for Iraq and other pending invasions. If you are in favor of world peace, avoid this game!
Adult Written byCakeOverLoad February 12, 2016

Very Fun game

In the short Version of a review for this game is if you let your kids watch the movie star wars or even the Animated version then this is Definitely ok. Any Violence in the game is sci-fi stuff like lasers and space ships.
Adult Written byllcoolj-ido1 October 11, 2015

trash

its a boring game waste of money, lack of entertainment,no campain,only 7 multiplayer modes,2 squad members in a group, no aim system,guns are op,trash gameplay,fun for 25mins then you want to return it
Parent Written byplokoon1 January 24, 2012