Parent reviews for Star Wars: Republic Commando

Star Wars: Republic Commando Poster Image

I love and my baby also loves

Really easy to learn a two year can do

blood, violence, a few d--ns

Ok for 8 plus

This was one of my first games its so good for the pc. A small amount of blood is seen, with the exception of the one scene where a wookie rippes a tradoshan in half.

Republic commando is a great game but short.

Republic commando takes yet another interesting turn on the star wars universe. No jedi sadly. But you play as a clone commander, a elite among the basic troops. Your team consists of a sniper,demo expert, and a computer expert. The game starts you at the frantic battle at the Geonosis arena outside, you have to battle your way to a droid star ship before it launches. The game itself is rather linear, so you never get lost. Your team is pretty impressive for Artificial Intelligence. Though at times they can easily get overwhelmed, especially by just 2 super battle droids. They may be good at taking cover, but sometimes they like to run up to droids and such and try to melee. The blood/gore is not all bad. As killing the bug like geonosians cause blood to splatter across your helm/screen which is quickly cleared by a laser like windshield wiper. Language is not an issue, though sometimes your allies will swear and such. The graphics are impressive, along with the music if you listen. It's a rather short game but it's a really good ride through it. I'd recommend it for anyone who likes star wars and fps games. Though your allies making dumb mistakes can get a little frustrating.

This game is Good! Not much language, and the blood is only alien blood. Droids do spill oil when knifed. The whole points of the game is to destroy droids and aliens, but you need teamwork to win the game!
Playstyle is similar to HALO, but improved, in my opinion. The squad-based play is fun and interesting (and based on existing military maneuvers), and has an exellent storyline. And that bit about it having consumerism, because it relates to other Star Wars things? If you are unfamiliar with the movies, you wouldn't get what was going on anyway. This is one of many games/books that cover the war that takes place between Star Wars 1 and 2, if you were unaware.

Great for teens

Games great, it's gory for star wars. In fact the game is very violent with grizzly details including screams of pain and fright, crackleing bones, blood splatter and more. This is very similar to halo. It's great for older children, star wars fans and halo fans.

not rated for age

good game but could have been better

Blood isn't that bad and rag-doll physics is cool but I was hoping for a real squad game like ghost recon or rainbow six, but instead I got some one button thing that I thought was kind of dumb. Good game and storyline should have had a better system.

Worth the time & money

Success requires team effort, your team members are good natured and credible.