All teen and kid member reviews for Star Wars: Republic Commando

Kid, 11 years old August 6, 2011

My review

i play the game not so often but i do not think that the blood is bad because its just green and yellow goo. But i could imagine that for kids under 9 could get scared of it. In one scene in particular you are riding in a ship with another clone above geonosis and a geonosian grabs him and carrys him away. other than that the blood is not bad at ALL. no swearing. But it shows great team work.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMystery_Gem July 27, 2015

One of my favorite games

I love this game, I played it with my dad when I was like 8. The game has no really bad language, there is no human blood just oil from droids or blood from aliens, and it is easy to play. Tons of fun, I have played the campaign a few times, it is kind of long but a great game. However I found the regular assault rife to not have enough punch, and sometimes my squad would get stuck and that was not fun. But this an old game which actually looks pretty decent, and I really recommend this game to all ages.
Kid, 10 years old May 11, 2015

Gory? Graphic?

I admit there IS blood, there are times where there will be blood on your visor, but it's not HUMAN combat, I would never give this a place next to "Grand Theft Auto IV", THERE is a game that fills MY parents with remorce. The gameplay is good, but there are levels that I can not beat. -Jesse_
Kid, 10 years old July 5, 2014

A bit gory for star wars!

Well, this game for starters, is very action style. It's similar to halo in a way. This game does encourage teamwork between your squad, and is very enjoyable, but has an extremely large amount of violence. For example, when you shoot aliens such as genosians and trandoshans green and yellow blood comes out and splatters over your visor, and blood sprouts out. Also, you shoot heads off robots and oil splatters out when you knife them. Plus, there IS RED BLOOD! IF you shoot a wookie or repeatedly shoot your own squad this happens. The other reviewers haven't noticed this. Make sure your child can manage the blood and gore in this game. However, it is still a very good game, and I have just played it about two minutes before writing this. In addition to this, there are occasional blo*dy and da*n words.
Kid, 10 years old November 22, 2012

commando

Its halo and starwars had a baby gift from God this game is awesome and not as bloody as halo it even has a hand knife
Teen, 13 years old Written bykatana v.04 November 17, 2012

Star Wars meets Halo

this game is alot like halo, you have the low only alien blood, fps style and wonderful story, but there is the ocational d-word but this game does have positive messages by teaching your child how to be a leader
Teen, 13 years old Written byGamer Zanfoj October 21, 2012

Republic Commando: Star Wars at it's grittiest best!

This is a welcome break from the silly force-wielders who call themselves jedi, and a welcome one too. Don't get me wrong, I love Yoda as much as the next man. (or kid) But finally we now have a gritty, realistic insight into the elite clone troopers war, not because their way of life is threatened, not because the Sith are trying to take over the galaxy, but because they were born to. No, bred to. Ain't that depressing. This is an exelent game, with a well incorporated squad command system as you play as Republic Commando Delta 1138, or Boss. Heading delta squad, fresh from the simulators on Kamino, through Geonosis, an abandoned Republic ship and finally to Kashyyk (YAY! WOOKIES!!!) where an unexpcted twist come. But I just realised I'm not telling you anything about the apropriateness of the game, and seeing as it's a site with that one purpose... Little gore occurs when you kill Geonosians and Trandosians (though over-protective parents have the small comforts that the Geo's look like cockroaches and the Trado's are slavers...) in the form of orange and green bug/lizard blood, and up close can get splattered on your visor. Personally, I wouldn't give a second thought to killing droids, as, well, they're not ALIVE, but it's up to you whether you count that as a problem. As for the emotional attachment, I'm not a particulary weepy guy, but at the end, the character's development almost brought me to tears, and ever since, has had me waiting for number two. There are three other members in you squad, each with different skill sets and personallity. Inroducing Fixer, Delta 40, proficient in hacking and close-quarters combat. Scorch, Delta 36, our demoman and joker of the squad, and Sev, Delta 07, that brutal, kil-counting, droid hating sniper that we love so much. They all provide little quips and one liners in the heat of battle, such as from Scorch, as he's blowing something up: "I LOVE my job!", or from Sev: "D@mn it!" (What?) "I forgot my kill count!" Language is not a big problem, as if your child is mature enough to play this game, they can hear occasional vulgarisms. The squad system is such so that when you or any squadmates fall, they can be revived, providing the rest of the squad is alive as well. I don't want to go on for much longer but this is a brilliant game, buy it at Amazon, and go kill some Seperatist butt!
Kid, 11 years old August 6, 2012

Best Star Wars game ever

It's a really fun game but it's very violent and has a curse word
Kid, 10 years old April 21, 2012

Fast paced first person shooter.

There is a few parts that have mild language (such as d**n and h**l). there is some infrequent,green,alien blood.violence is moderate.
Kid, 10 years old March 30, 2012

The Halo of Star Wars

Star Wars Republic Commando is one of the most rushed, but fun, Star Wars games I have ever played in my life. This game follows Delta Squad in the eyes of the leader, Boss. In the eye of the clone is much more darker than the Jedi`s view. You can use blasters, knifes, and grenades to kill former enemies, and usually droid oil or blood gets on your helmet. You can also shoot at dead bodies if you like, but I think it just wastes ammo. And to everyone that thinks this is like Halo, I agree with you guys. Over everything this game has really team effort between all the squad members.
Kid, 10 years old February 4, 2012

gory but great game!

VERY VERY GREAT GAME very moderate language and very gory its very very hard also and kids 7+ don't evan dare play this game!
Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2011

Bloody, violent, should be M+ Rated game.

To start off I love this game. The ease of play is not good on PC if you don't tweak it just a little in the settings. Im not sure about other consoles. Also, the violence is your classic shoot'em up and in my opinion it's less violent than Halo Reach. Blood is an issue, when you knife somebody, green goo A.K.A "Trandoshian Blood" splats on your screen, when you knife somebody in HALO they simple all of if you do well they get stab slammed which isn't bloody at all. ONLINE, you really should make sure what your kids are doing and how easily they rage quit or get extremely mad. And to finish read or edit controls before playing, don't try to figure them out yourself.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymomotaro35 February 23, 2011

Perfect for tweens +

I love this game. It does have violence, but it is only as bad as the movies. The only concern is the blood, but it is not red. I have been playing this game scince I was 11 and I think it is appropiat
Teen, 13 years old Written byBoss67 February 12, 2011

Perfect for all those in their teen years.

Really good game. A little bit violent, but not any worse than the other FPS games out there. More for older kida in their teens.
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2011
Kid, 12 years old October 8, 2010

good for all tweens

I love this game because it shows teamwork and i am a big fan of star wars. I have read all the books and i think this game is alsome.
Kid, 10 years old September 12, 2010
great game fun fun fun constant violence but not to bad I play it all the time IN fact I just played couple of seconds ago
Teen, 14 years old Written byalmighty September 6, 2010

the best game ever

this game is good for kids 12 and older
Teen, 13 years old Written byb00kread3r9 July 9, 2010

Best on the Xbox

Fun game, fast pace, great messages. best on the xbox. You should try it
Teen, 15 years old Written byj97tv April 28, 2010