Parent reviews for Super Mario 3D World

Super Mario 3D World Poster Image

Sm3DW is the 2nd best Wii U game

This game has good graphics, friendly characters, & fun levels!

Our favorite family game

I love this game. My 3 year old and 6 year old are both able to play it well, and it allows 4 people to play at once so their dad and I also can play with them. I like how if someone lags behind it just bubbles them to the others, and it provides enough lives that usually dying isn't an issue. If you run out of lives, it gives you another 5 per player to start that level again. I was surprised just how good my 3 year old has got at it.

Good, but somewhat disturbing.

This game is a lot of fun! I enjoyed playing it with my two sons, and the multiplayer is good and enjoyable. However, my two sons and I were rather disturbed when we saw the fairies trapped in bottles. "Daddy, how will the fairy breathe in there?!" asked my crying seven year old son. I had no idea how to answer! I really think Nintendo made a bad choice on that aspect of the game. While it was only a tiny part of the game, it brought tears to my son's eyes every time he saw it. Every time this happened, he couldn't be consoled and had to be taken from the room. All other aspects of the game, however, were good fun! Please make more, just without the fairy trapping.

The absolute best Mario game ever made

It's just plain fun in its purest form. The player learns to set a goal and reach it in order to beat the game. The player has to keep track of how many green stars they have and how many they need to move forward. Plus there are extra perks, collecting the stamps, along the way.

The best Mario game since Super Mario Galaxy!!!

This is definitely a must-have game for anyone who owns a Wii U! It's absolutely fun, the graphics are beautiful in clear HD, and the new cat suit adds a fine addition to all of Mario's power-ups! Highly recommend this game! You'll have a blast playing it!

This installment in the Mario series is amazing!!!!!!!!

I really love this video game. Collecting all the stamps and green stars CAN be really tricky, but it is fun. I usually like to make it fair for all playable characters to tag every flag in the game, so everyone can agree on something. I'm even surprised (SPOILER ALERT!!!) Rosalina is a playable character in this video game. You can unlock her by beating World Star-2 in the bonus area. Plus, it's great to help out the Sprixies that in dire need of assistance. Buy this, I don't care what happens, BUY IT!!!!!!!!!

Fun for the family!

This game has certainly stolen the show in our household. My 3, 5, and 8 year-olds love to play this game, and the gameplay in most cases is not too difficult for my 3-year old (however, he probably plays more games than the typical 3 year-old). The game has a lot to offer, with just about every level in each world feeling different from any other. It's a good game if you can stomach the hefty price tag that new games come with these days. The game does directly integrate with Nintendo's online universe, so your kids can be exposed to messages from other people throughout the world (not real-time chat or direct messages, but posts that people make in the form of pictures, text, etc), and the game encourages you (optionally) to post messages after each level. It would appear, however, that the messages are moderated, so I haven't seen anything other than friendly and fun posts from a diverse crowd.

The best in the series since 1991's Super Mario World

Super Mario 3D World is one of 2013's best games, and one of the best of the series. The stages are varied and fun. Within the first 4 levels, you will have grown giant, transformed into a cat, gone underground, fought an onslaught of football-uniform wearing turtles, and rode a swimming dinosaur. I have yet to try the co-op, but it seems like a blast. The violence is very cartoony, and is as bad as enemies getting squished. Definitely worth buying a Wii U!