All teen and kid member reviews for Super Mario Galaxy 2

Teen, 13 years old Written bySovaso March 25, 2012

Good.....for a Sequel

I am a very truthful person so I'm not going to lie, this game didn't live up to the popular rave. The graphics and music are great, 9/10 each, but the gameplay is terrible: 6/10. Only some levels are fun: Yoshi levels, boss levels and one level called "The Tall Tree's Big Slide". Levels: 7/10. Mario is a great role model, he saves the day on multiple occasions. Lubba and Yoshi also help Mario throughout his quest to save Princess Peach, therefore, they serve as great role models. The game relays several messages. One such message is to take a break from the game when Lubba tells you to take a break from adventuring. Another message that is relayed is friends help friends, like when Yoshi helps you in your quest to save the princess. The whole "save the damsel in distress" idea can be a positive message too. Kids will have to put their problem solving skills to the test to defeat the enemy AI (artificial intelligence). Kids will also have to navigate puzzling labyrinths. There is little violence in the game. Some scary creatures are seen and can frighten anyone under the age of six. As with past Mario games, you hop on foes and launch fireballs with a certain powerup. There is a new powerup where you turn into a boulder and roll over enemies. Overall, I give this game a 7.5/10. If you want a better game, go with the original Super Mario Galaxy. It's 30 dollars less and a way better game.
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2011

Go Mario 2!

Extremely fun. I absolutely love playing as Yoshi. I think it's great how easy to play it all is and how much pride they put in their work.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDug428 November 25, 2010

Great, but hard. Good for all gamers.

The game plays really good the controls are spot-on, and the story is pretty good. The evels have very clever design, and the bosses are okay. In some portions the game gets VERY frustrating, like when you have cosmic clones attacking you while you are trying to get a goldenchain chomp to the end of the room, ut it is a good challenge. Better than the first game.
Kid, 12 years old August 23, 2016

Super Mario Galaxy 2 = The Best!

Super Mario Galaxy is certainly an amazing platform video game for all ages! IGN even gave it a 10/10, which I have never seen on any other game review. But enough about IGN's opinion, onto mine. I really enjoy the game, except for how difficult it is. This game SERIOUSLY gets me peed off, even more so as the game goes on. I really hope it has something like Super Guide from New Super Mario Bros. Wii and I just have not found it yet. But still, I think it is one of the best Wii games! Cartoon Violence: All really mild. Mario can jump and spin, or collect power ups to throw fireballs, and throw turtle shells at teeny enemies inhabiting the universes. Hostiles either break apart after you jump on them, get stunned, or pop when attacked
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheJosh November 23, 2016

It's bad

This game is so annoying, it took over a year for me to beat it. I think it should be 18+ because younger children 17 and under may get impatient and break their controller's in a violent manner. This game will get you mad.
Kid, 10 years old October 23, 2016

Awesome sequel to 2007's 3D-Mario game.

I really loved this game a lot. Better than the first one.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybob bradley smith September 1, 2016

great!!!

They don't call this the most highest rated Nintendo game of all time for nothing
Kid, 11 years old August 1, 2016

Exceptional game for any age

I think this is an exceptional game that all ages will enjoy. As usual in the Mario franchise, Mario jumps on certain enemies. However, this violence is definitely mild. No bad words, but a replacement for a swear word, "dang it" is used once.
Kid, 10 years old December 27, 2015

Fabulous. Just too fabulous to give a proper review.

SMG2 is awesome. It's not just a galaxy version of Super Mario Bros. Nearly everything about this game is awesome. Lubba gives advice. You can ride on Yoshi. Etc. But there is some content that might be scary for little kids. And if you think it's easy, would you like to collect purple coins impossible to get while riding on a wooden slide where you go super speedy? Ride a running "peppered" Yoshi when trying to get 100 purple coins in 20 seconds with a pattern harder than imagined? Yet more purple coins and riding when riding on a star ball down rainbow slides with obstacles and the wrong music? Worse than each of these three combined, do the perfect run with only one wedge of life? *hops off planet*
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2015

Good But...

This game is not as good as the original, I'm not saying its bad, just not as good. It has new suits and bosses, and you can ride around on Yoshi, another iconic Mario character, but nothing out of the ordinary for Mario. Very little violence, once again your using your spinning power to stun enemies so you can stomp or kick them. Mario and Peach like each other, and Mario has to save her from Bowser, the love struck villain.
Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2015

Fantastic game, a must have for any Wii owner!

I absolutely love the original Super Mario Galaxy. I think it was the first game I've ever played. The level design was great, the puzzles were superb, and the music was beautiful. But then I played Super Mario Galaxy 2, and now it's probably the best Mario game of all time! I love everything in this game. From the music, the challenge, the level design, the puzzles, and whenever I play this game, I always have a smile on my face! I HIGHLY recommend this game if you are a fan of mario, and if you own a Wii, you should definitely buy this game!
Teen, 16 years old Written bytonytorresan884 December 25, 2013

Awesome.

I love Super Mario. The first one I really liked, but this is better yet! It's so addictive and easy to play. There is nothing wrong with this gem of a video game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe pox July 21, 2013

Very disappointing.

I found this game to be awful compared the the first one. Everything is just copy pasted but made worse. The scenery doesn't even look like space, the characters are way more bland than the first one, and the game is too easy itself.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston June 8, 2013

Yeah, and I thought the 1st one was amazing. This is even better yet.

Wow. This game is brilliant, amazing, interesting, mind-blowing, jaw-dropping, and just out of this world. It is really easy to play. Also, there are positive role-models AND positive messages. It is also a lot of fun to play. Anyways, this game is totally #6 on my best video games of all-time list. I love Super Mario Galaxy 2 so much.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysilvonadux March 19, 2013

silvonadux review

You know when you hear "The second usually not worth it" and you decide "well, Might as well forget it" and move on? This is one of those times to ignore that. This is the sequel to Super Mario Galaxy obviously and I love it because they give you a little more to do; a little more to worry about. I'm very happy with the game itself. It is very different from the first mario galaxy comprendo? So don't get mad if you want it to be exactly the same. Just rent it or something and give it a try. I'm not telling you to start interacting with ALL sequels because trust me, sequels are usually the worst. But this one is different. It's good. All done!
Teen, 17 years old Written bylovzhisdad March 18, 2013

All the Right Music+Original Gameplay+Hefty Price=Price Doesn't Stop You? Decided It's Appropriate For Your Kids? Then Buy It!

This game is not only a Mario game that takes place in outer space, but also combines what we have come to expect from Mario games and outer space-themed games. The music is memorable, thoroughly captures the feel of whatever level it's in, and of course is very, very catchy. It always creates the right effect in the player. There is much replay value associated with the music combined with the crazy gameplay, the innovative level design, the high difficulty, the extensive game length, the astounding graphics, etc. With these many pros significantly outweighing the cons, this game may be one of the best titles available on Wii.
Kid, 8 years old January 26, 2013

omg

no deal, but this is the best
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 19, 2012

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COOLEST GAME EVER! It's so much fun AND it's very easy! I'm very good at this game.
Kid, 11 years old November 3, 2012

Great!!

Harmless fun for any age. Played Mario for as long as I can remember. Easy to control, but can be harder for younger kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 18, 2012

Amazing video game!

I LOVE Super Mario Galaxy 2! It has great adventure,awesome atcio,ect.If you love Super Mario,I highly recomend this epic video game!