Parent reviews for The Beatles: Rock Band

The Beatles: Rock Band Poster Image

BIG T REX COSTUME

The Beatles Rock Band

Masterful!

Parents finally have an opportunity to show how great the Beatle's music was

Growing up as a fan of the Beatles, I like the fact that this game has given my kids an appreciation for their music. We can enjoy most of the lyrics, while it also gives us an opportunity to talk about some of the later trippy songs that are obviously drug induced.

JUST FORGET ABOUT THE LYRICS, PEOPLE! THERE'S NO CUSSING, IS THERE?????? JUST ENJOY THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR KIDS AREN'T GOING TO GET ANY BAD IDEAS IN THEIR TINY, BRAINWASHED HEADS FROM PLAYING THIS GAME!

The game as a whole is Iffy 10+. The "clean songs" are On 5+. The "Dirty Songs" are On 14+. Most songs are fine, but a few arent

First off, I LOVE The Beatles. But I don't like all of their songs. The songs that I enjoy playing on here would be ON for 2+, but some songs, namely "I Am the Walrus, Day Tripper, Get Back, etc." contain lyrics that are not child-appropriate. Such include lyrics about overtly sexual themes (one-night stands, transsexuality, etc.). These songs are totally avoidable, which is something I do, and you should take the time to do by researching the songs your kids want to play. Or, you can just use my squeaky-clean list here: ----A Hard Day’s Night All You Need Is Love And Your Bird Can Sing Back in the USSR* Birthday Boys Can’t Buy Me Love Dear Prudence Do You Want to Know a Secret Drive My Car* Eight Days A Week Hello Goodbye Helter Skelter (This is a heavy-metal song, but no bad lyrics) Here Comes the Sun Her Majesty* Hey Bulldog* I Feel Fine I Me Mine In My Life I Saw Her Standing There I Wanna Be Your Man I Want to Hold Your Hand If I Needed Someone I’m Looking Through You Octopus’ Garden Paperback Writer Revolution Something Taxman Twist and Shout While My Guitar Gently Weeps* ----These songs are totally clean. Some may interpret a few as bad, but in my opinion, they are totally clean. I've starred the ones that you may want to look into to make sure you'd like your kid listening to. I'm pretty strict when it comes to music, but you may be stricter. LOL. But yeah, if it's not listed here, It's a definite NO in my opinion. ----In short, this game is an amazing tribute to the Fab Four. There are downloadable songs available. Make sure you read the lyrics to them before you download them (Especially Abbey Road and Sgt. Pepper). I've played this game so much that I have made my little brother strongly dislike The Beatles and Rock Band. hahahahah I'll re-convert him eventually. It's also great because you can only play as The Bealtes. No skanky women (which I hate about Rock Band and Guitar Hero), just 4 men singing their hearts out. Oh, and you can't pick who you play as. You can only pick the instrument. BUY IT! IT"S AWESOME!

unless your kids are super aware of innuendo & drug slang, then this is NO problem to play at any age. who doesn't love the Beatles! great great family fun :)

OK game for 9+

The game as some mild suggestive innuedo

Perfect for teens & families.

Again, we feel this is an excellent game for teens & their families...we really like this game, it is a perfect game for families to come together. Thank-you, Phyllis & Jim Florian [email protected]

Everyone in the family loves this game

I have long been a fan of Beatles music, but I didn't expect it to be so overwhelmingly adored by all of my kids. Particularly interesting is that each one has their own favorites, without much overlap. The game itself is terrifically fun to play, and having everyone so invested in the song choices makes it a total blast. Everyone in the house loves to play this game!

Fun for the whole family!

The Beatles Rock Band is the first guitar/rock game that our whole family is able to truly enjoy. While previous Rock Band/Guitar Hero games have a few tunes all of us know, this is the first one that we know most of the songs, especially the lyrics. Give it a try! It's very fun to have kids singing Beatles songs, like "All You Need is Love," "I Want to Hold Your Hand," and "Yellow Submarine." These are great sing-along songs. The entire package is superbly done, again better than previous type games. We listened to an interview with one of the creators who explained that all four Beatles families were very involved in the game's creation, and it shows. Lots of photos. Great montages. Good details about the Beatles. For some kids, it could be a good way to discuss the history of the times. Kids we've played with it are fascinated how the Beatles' music, lyrics and looks changed. Some of the tunes, including early ones, are not the easiest to play on drums or guitar. This may take some kids practice (or maybe they will just have to watch their parents practice.) That's different than previous type games which had only easy songs first. This game puts up songs by the date they were released. Even tho Ringo is often considered just an okay drummer, you'll be surprised how challenging the drum parts are. The game doesn't take too long to complete. But there are going to be more songs released and higher scores release more information and songs. The game is a little pricey, but fun. You can have up to three people singing leads on microphones, even more singing harmony, then the 2 guitars and drums. Now that's a lot of people getting together!