All parent member reviews for The Beatles: Rock Band

Parent of a 10 year old Written byBlueJade October 16, 2009

Fun for the whole family!

The Beatles Rock Band is the first guitar/rock game that our whole family is able to truly enjoy. While previous Rock Band/Guitar Hero games have a few tunes all of us know, this is the first one that we know most of the songs, especially the lyrics. Give it a try! It's very fun to have kids singing Beatles songs, like "All You Need is Love," "I Want to Hold Your Hand," and "Yellow Submarine." These are great sing-along songs. The entire package is superbly done, again better than previous type games. We listened to an interview with one of the creators who explained that all four Beatles families were very involved in the game's creation, and it shows. Lots of photos. Great montages. Good details about the Beatles. For some kids, it could be a good way to discuss the history of the times. Kids we've played with it are fascinated how the Beatles' music, lyrics and looks changed. Some of the tunes, including early ones, are not the easiest to play on drums or guitar. This may take some kids practice (or maybe they will just have to watch their parents practice.) That's different than previous type games which had only easy songs first. This game puts up songs by the date they were released. Even tho Ringo is often considered just an okay drummer, you'll be surprised how challenging the drum parts are. The game doesn't take too long to complete. But there are going to be more songs released and higher scores release more information and songs. The game is a little pricey, but fun. You can have up to three people singing leads on microphones, even more singing harmony, then the 2 guitars and drums. Now that's a lot of people getting together!
Parent of a 13 year old Written bychrrr October 11, 2009

perfect for 10+

ok
Parent of a 13 year old Written byWeeklybob March 23, 2011
JUST FORGET ABOUT THE LYRICS, PEOPLE! THERE'S NO CUSSING, IS THERE?????? JUST ENJOY THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR KIDS AREN'T GOING TO GET ANY BAD IDEAS IN THEIR TINY, BRAINWASHED HEADS FROM PLAYING THIS GAME!
Parent of a 4 year old Written byKrampster September 13, 2009

Great for the whole family.

I love it since it's a game the family can play together, and none of the songs is questionable. You can feel good playing all of them.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byshera999 September 12, 2009

Beatles: rock we know!

Love it! There's something to be said about trying to sing or play songs that you know every note, as opposed to some of the Rock Band I and II songs that we may not have ever heard of. Also, the vocals are not complicated so they can be sung by a regular person.
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byzmanrox February 10, 2013

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmjhyhuutyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyrfutdtgygyugyuguygyuguygy drwserfgfgyuhrwwsdrfghdfqfgvbvjhgtgfv

nothing to say about it
Parent Written byMr. Mario August 18, 2012
LEARNING

The Beatles Rock Band

Masterful!
Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written byCeltic1962 April 20, 2011

Parents finally have an opportunity to show how great the Beatle's music was

Growing up as a fan of the Beatles, I like the fact that this game has given my kids an appreciation for their music. We can enjoy most of the lyrics, while it also gives us an opportunity to talk about some of the later trippy songs that are obviously drug induced.
Adult Written byAlphaZK93 December 23, 2010

The game as a whole is Iffy 10+. The "clean songs" are On 5+. The "Dirty Songs" are On 14+. Most songs are fine, but a few arent

First off, I LOVE The Beatles. But I don't like all of their songs. The songs that I enjoy playing on here would be ON for 2+, but some songs, namely "I Am the Walrus, Day Tripper, Get Back, etc." contain lyrics that are not child-appropriate. Such include lyrics about overtly sexual themes (one-night stands, transsexuality, etc.). These songs are totally avoidable, which is something I do, and you should take the time to do by researching the songs your kids want to play. Or, you can just use my squeaky-clean list here: ----A Hard Day’s Night All You Need Is Love And Your Bird Can Sing Back in the USSR* Birthday Boys Can’t Buy Me Love Dear Prudence Do You Want to Know a Secret Drive My Car* Eight Days A Week Hello Goodbye Helter Skelter (This is a heavy-metal song, but no bad lyrics) Here Comes the Sun Her Majesty* Hey Bulldog* I Feel Fine I Me Mine In My Life I Saw Her Standing There I Wanna Be Your Man I Want to Hold Your Hand If I Needed Someone I’m Looking Through You Octopus’ Garden Paperback Writer Revolution Something Taxman Twist and Shout While My Guitar Gently Weeps* ----These songs are totally clean. Some may interpret a few as bad, but in my opinion, they are totally clean. I've starred the ones that you may want to look into to make sure you'd like your kid listening to. I'm pretty strict when it comes to music, but you may be stricter. LOL. But yeah, if it's not listed here, It's a definite NO in my opinion. ----In short, this game is an amazing tribute to the Fab Four. There are downloadable songs available. Make sure you read the lyrics to them before you download them (Especially Abbey Road and Sgt. Pepper). I've played this game so much that I have made my little brother strongly dislike The Beatles and Rock Band. hahahahah I'll re-convert him eventually. It's also great because you can only play as The Bealtes. No skanky women (which I hate about Rock Band and Guitar Hero), just 4 men singing their hearts out. Oh, and you can't pick who you play as. You can only pick the instrument. BUY IT! IT"S AWESOME!
Adult Written byRIPsquishy August 10, 2010
unless your kids are super aware of innuendo & drug slang, then this is NO problem to play at any age. who doesn't love the Beatles! great great family fun :)
Adult Written byWarri August 8, 2010

OK game for 9+

The game as some mild suggestive innuedo
Parent of a 17 year old Written byjjflo June 9, 2010

Perfect for teens & families.

Again, we feel this is an excellent game for teens & their families...we really like this game, it is a perfect game for families to come together. Thank-you, Phyllis & Jim Florian peflorian2010@hotmail.com
Parent of a 3, 5, and 7 year old Written byjhmirage November 30, 2009

Everyone in the family loves this game

I have long been a fan of Beatles music, but I didn't expect it to be so overwhelmingly adored by all of my kids. Particularly interesting is that each one has their own favorites, without much overlap. The game itself is terrifically fun to play, and having everyone so invested in the song choices makes it a total blast. Everyone in the house loves to play this game!
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byzedada September 20, 2009

Family entertainment (but very expensive for the whole kit)

This is a great game for the whole family. It is really fun to play and the kids really enjoy it and now are getting into the Beatles. My 8 year old enjoys the guitar, drums and vocals but especially the drums. The instruments are a bit complicated for my just turned 5 year old. However, as she can read well, she loves the vocals aspect. It is extremely expensive but it really is a whole lot of fun. We also like the music a lot more than on the Guitar Heros and Rock Band and so do our kids.
Parent of a 11, 16, and 17 year old Written bytrish0395 September 14, 2009

FUN! for the whole family.

I bought this for my son for his birthday and we played it as a family last night. My husband has never played Guitar Hero and he LOVED it!!!! We stayed up until 11 pm playing it. We all have different levels of play ability. My daughter could play guitar on difficult, my husband on easy, my son's a drummer, so he did difficult and, of course, my singing was expert all of the time. My 11 year old wanted to watch, so she sang along with me and it was amazing how many songs she already knew and loved. There's something for everyone and a great family game we all can play! I didn't notice any songs that would be inappropriate, pretty mild compared to today's lyrics and most kids that age don't really know what they're singing along to anyway, just like we did when we were kids. I noticed as I was singing a long I didn't know a lot of the words that I thought I did. FUN!!