Parent reviews for The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan Poster Image

Trippy horror game has violence and language

Man of Medan (2019) is a game following some friends on a diving trip when they discover something out of the ordinary. It is mushy less graphic than other Supermassive games yet quite spooky. VIOLENCE: MODERATE Dead, decaying bodies are shown mostly in hallucinations, characters can die in several ways yet none of them contain gore, just blood. These include calling from heights, being shot, stabbed and slit at the throat along with being crushed however deaths that usually would result in gore are obscured or partially offscreen. The violence is relevant, yet not shocking or gory like other games. LANGUAGE: MODERATE Use of “f*ck”, “sh*t” and milder profanities throughout the game but not too frequently or pervasively as Until Dawn, The Quarry or House of Ashes. SEXUAL CONTENT: MILD Some milder sexual references, brief make out scenes. DRUG CONTENT: MILD Brief drug refrences. 12+ for violence and disturbing images, and for language

1 person found this helpful.

Man of Medan: FUN!

I played this with my younger son Jimson, We had a blast! We passed the controller along and played together flawlessly, The language can be avoided easily and is quite light-hearted often making us laugh while the joke goes over the kids head, The blood is limited and scares are limited to creepy faces which turn out to be fake, This is a ghostly story that anyone mature can handle, If your son can handle the Arkham and spiderman games, They can handle this. I would recommend this to non- tech-savvy adults as well as children, I was worried about violence and swearing, but l ended up having my first gaming experience with my child, I would recommend this to everybody. The characters are funny, good role models and always give you the option to apologize and the game always puts the emphasis on saving your friends, Making it a must to be altruistic to your family members.

Good Graphics,Bad Game

Until Dawn wasn’t the greatest game but it did have good characters,good actors and a some what good story to it. This game has none of that! It’s characters are dry and boring just like the story. The story doesn’t make any sense and is just plane random from the start. Don’t waste your money,just watch a YouTuber play it.

Great as long as your kid is mature

This game, man of medan, is great. Even though there is some blood, there is not much gore. There is some language, but it's no worse than fallout or call of duty. If your child is mature, than it shouldn't be a problem.

Spooky fun for movie night with friends.

Entertaining, but loses appeal Solo (2 stars if so) due to less individual choice and consequence. The deaths (max 9 per playthru; not including NPCs) are not nearly as gory as Until Dawn but can get a bit bloody. Such as rats eating a body (though the rats haven't dug too deep yet), an offscreen throat cut with blood splatter, and a man slamming his head resulting in a large bloody pool. Others are bloodless like drowning and neck snapping. There are technically 69 total death scenes. But most are duplicates in slightly different contexts. Speaking of which, many depend less on choice and more on QTEs which is a bit disappointing. Fairly frequent language.