Kid reviews for The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth

The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth Poster Image

Exellent game, appropriate for ages 10 and up

Awesome game. It does have killing, but it is from a strategy stand point, with no blood or gore.

not rated for age

This is one of the best games I have ever played.

A great game the best Lord of The Rings game I have ever played but it is rated T For teen and does have a lot of violence.

I LIKE this game!!!

This is a REALLY great game!!! The gameplay is good, and the Campaigns are better, but have no depth and start at completely unnecessary points in the story. The Good Campaign starts in the middle of the first book/movie, and the Evil Campaign starts 3/4 of the way through the second book/movie!!! The violence is really low, but there are death cries that sound like people throwing up. There's no blood, but the game is rated T, so when people die they clutch their sides and fall down, and larger creatures like Trolls die too dramatically. Also, when Trolls or giant elephants die their skin melts into the ground, revealing their skeleton. Overall, this is a great game, and the Campagin is actually really fun. Still, if you want a better player-versus-computer mode, then get the second one.

This game is fun!

I got this for Christmas and ever since then thats the only video game Ive played. Its realy fun. Its vilont.

Great RTS

Everyone should give this game a chance, it is one of the best games to date.

AWESOME!!!

This is a GREAT game!!! I've played it for hours at a time! I never seem 2 get tired of it. There are 4 factions: Gondor, Rohan, Isenguard, and Mordor. Also, if you're worried about magic, there is none (minus a few lightning sword and fireball abilities possessed by Gandalf and Saruman) It helps depict the epic struggle between good and evil displayed in the movies. A MUST HAVE 4 FANS OF the MOVIES AND REAL-TIME STRATEGY GAMERS!!!

FUN!!!

This game is GREAT! This is a great game for any kid ages 7+. The violence is minimal, all that is shown is a group of warriors fighting another by swinging their swords around (which rarely actually hit) and some of the warriors dying, and all that's shown there is a warrior falling over and sinking into the ground, in other words...NO BLOOD! Hoorah! Note to parents: one Skirmish takes about 1 to 1.5 hrs, but you can save your progress.

SWEET!!

This game is really cool. It is easy to play and understand. The violence isn't bad and it is not one of those games that you buy and you have beaten it by 8:00 that night. I've had the game for a year and im still have not gotten past Minhistirith(is that right?) on hard for the good side.