All parent member reviews for The Sims 3: Seasons

Parent of an infant, 2, 5, and 10 year old Written byAG Fan Parent January 29, 2013

LEARNING

Amazing, NOT 15-and-up except for the base game!

The Sims 3 is a game both me and my ten-year-old daughter love. If you think I'm a bad mom, trust me when I say my daughter's Sims are forbidden to "Woohoo," and without that, the game works out nicely, even for fourth graders. I have to admit, I'm a bit irritated at Common Sense for not providing a better review of the expansion pack itself. The problem with their reviews is they're all fifteen and up, because of the sex, when that doesn't even have anything to do with said expansion pack. While The Sims 3 overall might be a 14-and-up, the truth is by limiting your kid to certain interactions -- or just figuring they've either heard it all before or don't necessarily know what going on anyway -- this game can be fairly harmless and a whole lot of fun. Seasons specifically is me and my daughter's second favourite (Generations is first) expansion pack, and it brings a lot of new things into gameplay. Winter is our favourite season, but loading the snow does often take the game a lot of extra power and increase slowness. We love the holidays (though we would have liked if you could had Christmas trees and menorahs and such) and love how there are many different opportunities for each -- you can stay home, throw generally one-two different kinds of parties (some overlap, such as feast parties fit in winter and fall, but costume parties also fit in fall and gift-giving parties also fit in winter), or attend a party at a non-active sim's house! The new clothes are nice, but they're mostly outerwear and jackets and the like. There is some new hair, but it's mostly winter caps, with just two new hair for women (one is very cute, the other VERY horrendous with curls at the bottom and not the top? It's weird.....). Anyway, overall, this expansion is really great! Don't listen to the 15-and-up, that's just the overall game, NOT this expansion. Come on, Common Sense, you can do better with that!
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byStephen the great December 27, 2012

LEARNING

Ok for kids

Great game though you can have sex but it is super mild!!!