All parent member reviews for The Walking Dead: Season One

Adult Written byd.miller January 17, 2013

A must buy for all mature enough to play

Off the bat, The Walking Dead is a phenomenal game and should be enjoyed by anyone that is a part of the medium. The story is expertly written with moments of both joy and heart wrenching despair. However, this is not a game intended for children. Violence, for instance, while being rare (the main focus of the game is delivering narrative) can become quite graphic and brutal, even for seasoned veterans of violent games, there are many occasions where the characters use strong amounts of profanity (f-bombs do come up), there are a few minor occasions of drinking and one instance where a character is drunk, and some small and minor sexual references. However, the main character Lee is a very positive role model. He is a convicted murder, but don't let that throw you off. He readily admits that what he did was wrong and redeems himself by becoming the vigilant protector of his group and often puts himself in harms way to protect the ones he loves. All in all it is a fantastic game and if you feel your child is mature enough to handle it than it is a must buy game.
Parent Written byMaaah December 23, 2013

Mature 12

My son ( Age 13) really wanted to buy this game. At first glance I said NO! But after some research and looking into it, this game isn't that bad. If you don't like profanity then just turn off the sound and it's no where near as scary! Just remember to think of your kids and tell them to tell themselves that it is only a game and no such thing exists. In the end it has a great storyline and is O.K for a Mature 12.
Adult Written byCheesewhiz December 16, 2013

A deeply emotional game that makes you really take into consideration your character's actions.

If you only read the "What Parents need to know" part of the review, this game may sound like a simple zombie thrill kill game, which it really is not. The game has killing zombies of course, but the game is all about the story. The violence can be over the top and very shocking, but the cartoon graphics tone it down a little. Just a little. Giving the game a 1 out of 5 for Positive Messages and Positive Role Models is a major mistake, mainly because the role model of the main character is decided by your actions. Since I never took the worst possible path, I don't know how bad it can get, but in my playthrough the main character was a more than decent role model. As for the messages, they can get a bit mixed, considering that your character is an ex-con taking care of a young girl he found in an abandoned house. Either way, this game is not intended for young children and for several very good reasons, but if you are a mature person (not in age but just plain and simple maturity) and you love deeply interactive stories with believable characters, and you don't mind a few tears (maybe more) by the end of the story, check this game out, you'll being doing yourself a big favor.
Parent Written bywalrus13 January 22, 2013

Overblown

this review is greatly overblown. i have played the game and this game teaches kids ethics and decision making skills. sure there is some zombie violence, but they are already dead and are trying to eat you. and about the language, its just words.
Parent Written byZebrasareawesome June 5, 2013

Know your child. May be too violent for some

This app is brilliant, well made and you make the choices and control your person. It is just as violent as the show but instead of real effects it's animated. Some drinking right out of the bottle and Lee tries to protect clemintine and bring her to her parents. Very un necessary language. F*ck in almost every sentence. I think a very mature 11 year old could play this game. Know your child... you decide
Adult Written byAnneseehafer April 16, 2016

It's awesome and fun to play

Lots of blood, gore, language and violence. When your in a car with a cop you have a choice to say to him f**k you to him plus you responsibility For a child. And lots of people die and the family members hate you and very scary.
Adult Written byTDSplays August 21, 2015

The Walking Dead

TWD: Season One is the best game of 2012, no doubt. But even though kids may want to play it, take this into consideration. The game is extremely violent. Characters kill zombies in many gruesome ways, and a family is found out to be cannibals. Blood and gore are frequent. There are some sexual themes discussed, but will go over kids' heads. Lee is a convicted killer, who murdered a state senator who was sleeping with his wife. LOTS OF LANGUAGE. Probably about 50 F-Bombs every episode, along with sh*t, a**, b*tch, bastard, hell, damn, etc. Finally, take this into consideration. There are a lot of characters in this game. Your kid is bound to get attached to at least one. The thing is, it's hard to get attached. Characters are CONSTANTLY killed off, by being shot, impaled, eaten, and more. I cried at the end of this game. The ending is so sad! Make sure your kids can handle it.
Adult Written byaccaliabaronets May 19, 2015

The feels

Definitely not for kids. This contains -Death -Violence -Swearing -Feels -Drinking -Jumpscares -Gore -Violence It's a great game. However, you must be 17+.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bylavc April 7, 2015

cool but ..........

A lot of violence and killing girls wich are zombies and very strong language . And very gory seens and disturbing conversations.
Adult Written bygracexgracex December 12, 2014

Love it!

The Walking Dead is a great game for kids (not too young I would suggest) and also adults. The aim is pretty simple: Survive. But don't worry if you aren't into violence and gore - I usually hate games with guns, swords, zombies - whatever. But, I loved it. The game is tailored to how you play and the decisions you make. There are alot of different endings, some emotional (be prepared to cry.) and some less so... I also enjoyed it because of the characters. Season one, you play as Lee. Lee is a kind man, who took responsibility of a young girl, Clementine. Season two I will not give names as I don't want to spoil anything, but I will let you know that you play as a strong female hero which I love. The only problem some parents may have is violence. Quite alot of it, which personally doesn't bother me, but some may be slightly scared. Overall, I would rate this game 5 stars, would recommend to all.
Educator Written byIWriteReveiws4U July 10, 2014

Mature 13+

We'll I'm not going to lie there is some blood, but it is really cartoonish and as far as the Language it is strong but as long as your teen doesn't repeat it, it should be fine. As for positive role models Lee the main character is convicted of murder but yet he completely turns himself around when he finds a little girl in a tree house and helps her through out the game, Drugs and alcohol there are no drugs but there is beer at bars. Thanks for reading my True Reveiw
Adult Written byjoshua martinez March 3, 2013

not for kids.

this adventure horror video game based on the tv series the walking dead is a great video game but only for adults and parents you need to know that the walking dead has plenty of non-stop bloody intense violence filled with blood and gore there's non-stop constant strong language used and some social drinking used such as beer and cigarettes.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byKüüe February 21, 2013

Just make sure your kids are mature enough.

This game is simply amazing. It is a dark, compelling tale set in a zombie infested state. But this isn't your basic shoot-em-up zombie game, like in Resident Evil and Left 4 Dead. The story takes a darker trail and pulls the emotional plugs of the character. The main character, Lee, is a murder. He is accused of killing the senator who had an affair with Lee's wife. Sure, Lee has a dark past. But after the zombies kicked in, he protected a little girl he found early in the game. If your kids can pick up the undertones of trust and friendship, they should most definitely PLAY THIS GAME.