Kid reviews for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Mature fantasy RPG is full of sex, violence, profanity.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymrjoe94 June 26, 2011

Great game if you give this game a chance, you can forgive it's content.

One thing i must address " Players engage in combat using a variety of bladed weapons (swords, axes, shovels)" What? When did a shovel become a bladed weapon, does that mean that my kitchen spoon is as deadly as a sword? Now onto the comment. The Witcher 2 is surprisingly mature. The 1st scene of gameplay you're seen in bed with a girl. But as i tend to believe there's nothing wrong with nudity in the slightest. Violence is standard Fantasy affair, blood spurts when hit, brutal counter attacks etc. Language is what you would expect in an M-rated game. The actual game itself is pretty awesome actually, it's a shame because if you remove a bit of cursing and cover up the women it could easily be rated Teen. I think a wider audience should experience this wonderful game. If you can take the content that is. Your "kid", (likely a 10 year old wouldn't be interested, unless he's seen Lord of the Rings. Which is about as bad as this game.). It could just be the fact that i'm 16 and under rate how "awful" Nudity and Cursing is.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. May 11, 2013

Screamingly frustrating, but fun at times game is not for kids

Explicit sex, and strong violence with stabbing, slicing, dismemberment, and decapitation. Also strong profanity with just about every word you could think of. And drinking.

Teen, 17 years old Written byMasterChief77 October 15, 2014

Great for anyone!

A really fun game that was not nearly as bad as everyone made it look like, the sex is infrequent and the violence is low.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpartan2004 October 27, 2013

They left out that the sex is optional.

I don't actually have this game yet, but I noticed in the ESRB review that it says: "Players can initiate brief cutscene sequences that depict varying degrees of sexual activity" This leads me to believe that the sex is optional, like in the mass effect series. Common Sense Media exadurating once again.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTwitcher123 October 15, 2014

Great

Good for older preteens and teens who are mature enough to handle sex. The level of violence in this game is quite low unlike what many people have been saying. Buy this for someone between the ages of 11 and 15.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRedfire April 27, 2013

Good game

Nudity is everywhere but kids 13 should be able to handle it thanks to health class. Fun game.

Teen, 15 years old Written byEODhusky May 3, 2015

The Witcher 2

This game is about a man named Geralt, who lives in a dark fantasy world filled with horrfic beasts. This game is strictly for adults, since it has swearing, gore, nudity, and overall mature themes. If your child is younger than 18 and wants this game, I strongly advise you do not purchase it for him/her. This game also is an advanced RPG experience and is not easily picked up and played. My verdict is that the game is sutible for ages 18+

Kid, 12 years old January 16, 2015

Good for all

A great game for all and u can edit the sex out
Teen, 17 years old Written byUseful December 11, 2012

The Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings

This is an extremely violent but fun role-playing game (RPG) there are NO guns, but this game has SEX and is not for kids. (Imagine Kids going to school and saying ''O ye; I had Sexual Intercourse with my Girlfriend in the game'' And also VERY strong language; again, you don't want your kids going to school saying, ''O ye, then he said #hi#... to me''. I advise this ONLY FOR ADULTS

Teen, 15 years old Written byKardasha206 April 24, 2016

Another great game by Projekt Red

A great game with an intriguing storyline and pretty smooth gameplay. TW2 has one of the best combat systems that have ever been used in video games. Sure, as others have said, there are many quests that are quite challenging, BUT, I have to completely disagree witht the person that said that the game mechanics are bad and that the game requires high specs. 'Cause it doesn't. Another thing I like was that I could finish the game in 8 hours if I wanted to, but could also finish it in 19 or more. This game is very flexible and you can chose which side quests you play and which quests you leave out. The game will adjust to your time schedule. It really will. Do yourself a favor and play this game along with the third one. Also, read the books. They're amazing and tell us more about Geralt's past. :3

Ease of Play
Teen, 16 years old Written byTadeáš May 7, 2014

Rude, full of violence and sexistic

Not for kids at any rate, but i think that is bad game for adults too.