Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Transformers: Devastation

Fun, attractive, short but shockingly deep cartoon brawler.

Based on 1 review

Parent of a 16 and 18+ year old Written bynuenjins August 22, 2017

Homage to Gen. 1 Transformers not epic, but well done and fun.

This game is simplified compared to the Transformers "Cybertron" games but the familiar voice actors from the old toons make ALOT of cameos, even where you don't exspect them to show up. Also, the beefed up fantasy toon versions of the characters are perfectly rendered and pay homage to their roots with detail and credibility. The shooting portions are a bit lackluster and the weapons aren't Call Of Duty tight and responsive, but the balance of the slow motion dodge, vehicle and transformation attacks and upgrades, make a surprisingly unique and well done action game. Bayonetta fans will feel familiar, but it adds more than enough 'vehicle to robot' smoothly interlaced combat to be it's own thing without just being a copy, paste of other brawlers. The most glaring flaw is the lack of detail in the environment and the simplistic/contrived obstacles that are placed along the way like a lifeless maze. The nice touches and personalities compensate for this alot, but it's almost painfully obviouse where the time was taken in creating the game. The game is good for a runthrough but more for nostalgia than anything else. I'd like to see this rendering of the Transformers done on a "cybertron" game scale, although, that would be hoping for a bit much for G1 fans. I wouldn't put a full price tag on this one cuz it is a bit 'kidish', but if you find it for 20 bucks or less, for old times sake, is worth the experience to see how they treated the source material.