All teen and kid member reviews for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Teen, 13 years old Written byNiluda February 21, 2011

Exceptional Great, But Only for 13+!

First of all, this is an amazing game. Outstanding. But it IS a it inappropriate at some points. The enemy is absolutely ruthless; he will kill his own men if they are disobedient, and he kills an innocent man in cold blood. Nathan Drake is an exceptional role model for doing what he likes which is fortune hunting, but he always gets caught up in these messes, which he doesn't like or want. But throughout the game, he racks up a large body count with MANY different types of guns. But some of the things he does, (jumping from building, swinging on poles, etc.), are absolutely amazing. This game also has AMAZING graphics, much better than any other game. This game is also a bit educational and got me a bit into history, (which was nearly impossible), as it has all the background information of Marco Polo and what happened to him and his men, but about halfway through the game it starts to get more fiction-like, (obviously). This game should definitely be 'T' for the loads of violence and one sex-related scene. And I must say, while playing other games such as Call of Duty at my friend's house, (I'm not allowed to play 'M' games yet), Uncharted 2 is very similar in terms of violence, but not in language. All in all, I find this game exceptionally great, but really only for 13 and up. Some parts, (including Drake getting shot in the gut and blood spewing out), could be a bit frightening for younger kids
Kid, 11 years old May 23, 2010

The other side of the gaming story (kids opinions)

Great game. I don't see why the website says "not for kids" on most of the games i play. Its just that i know the difference from right and wrong. I beleive kids 11+ can play this!
Kid, 12 years old March 25, 2011

Just explain.

You can turn off online interactions, which seems to be the main problem for you guys. Then they can't go online, talk to people, all that jazz. My only concern is the sex but if at age 10 they don't have a clue about making babies there's a problem. You don't have to describe the entire thing, but they should know enough that when two people are in bed like that they are having sex.
Kid, 11 years old May 17, 2011

No.1 Game on the PlayStation 3 so far.
Kid, 12 years old January 23, 2013

One Of The Best Games Of All Time Is Extremely Suggestive For A T Game

This game is one of the best games I have ever played if not the best. It is also probably the most inapropriate. Bullet wounds are shown on screen. Granted there is not as much blood but much more gore. One character gets shot in the head at point blank range. Another character gets shot in the head with an arrow and you see the arrow go in the mans head. One character gets hit by a bus. One character is beat to death. A few characters can be very scary. The game is extremely suspenful near the end and you can never tell when someone is about to be shot point blank. One character blows himself up with a grenade that was in his hand. A girl nearby is injured very bad by this explosion. In stelthiar levels you can snap peoples necks. In one level you can shoot a driver and the entire car will fall of a cliff. There is one sex scene off screen but you see the women climb and kiss the other character on a bed. A few suggestive lines include a joke about prostitutes and an erection. Sh*t, B*tch, B*sterd, D*mn, and any thing below that are used almost constantly. One character smokes a cigar in almost every scene he is in. This game is amazing and feels like a really good movie. I can't wait to play the sequel.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhiyowasup August 12, 2012

Great Game!

This is a great, action-packed game. A great alternative to the gears of war, Halo, or Call of Duty series, all of which are rated M. It's constant action most of the time, with some great puzzles that can really get you thinking. The campaign is great, probably the best one I've seen in any game! The cutscenes, the voiceovers, the graphics, the expressions of the character makes you feel so immeresed in the game. The story-line is top-notch, and it feels like a movie, but you are the hero. There is a bit of swearing in this game, but its very infrequent, usually only during battles when you can't even really hear it. And don't forget the mutiplayer, which although isn't as refined as Uncharted 3's, is A LOT of fun. Overall, this is a great game, and since the new Uncharted 3 has come out, the cost has dropped also.
Kid, 10 years old June 22, 2012

Parents read This (sorry for making it so long)

I personlly think its fine as long as you know your child.Yes there is some swearing but if you had villains who slauter anybody and they were after you you would to.I loved the game and I'm only 10.You play as a tresure hunter who descended from Sir Francis Drake and an old friend drops by saying he found a clue to what happend to marco polo.You set of and steal something from a museum where then your "friend" turns on you.the police lock you up but then your friend sully comes and gets you out.Your friends girlfriend turns out to be on your side.You then raid the camp and find out a war criminal is searching for it too. You adventully find out that hes after the cintimanti ston and shan'grila. If you have let your child see die hard or bad boys or even airforce one then you know what violence is.Its less violent then all those movies.And plus theres enough cutscenes to make it almost a movie.Well there you go parents you decide (Also make them act responsible and say"I was thinking maybe that if you act grown up you can get a grown up game." Worked for me :)
Teen, 14 years old Written bykratos321 February 6, 2011
i think this game is appropiate for anyone whos 13 or over.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRyanRaptor November 10, 2011

Adding to the list of Bad Language

Commensensemedia forgot to mention under Language that they use J***s name in vain.
Teen, 13 years old Written byOctoHomo December 28, 2015

Outstanding Game.

Let me start off by saying that this game is terrific in every way. While yes, there is a heavy focus on shooting with guns (gasp) it's not the main focus of the game. However, Combat is something that can't really be avoided. I say 9 and up because most 9 year olds would have seen far worse then this by now. The again, you know your kid better than i do. But generally, 9 is a solid age for this amazing Treasure-Hunting Platformer.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycooliobigfart11 November 4, 2011

For families who are iffy about getting there children it

Uncharted 3 is a really good game for kids 10+. Other than the occasional cursing and violence it's not at all bad
Kid, 12 years old March 21, 2011

Awesomeness!!!!

Hey, I admit it, I love this game. Of course there is some blood, but nothing as graphic. One time, for instance, a guy get's murdered by the sychopathic bad guy. BUY THIS GAME!
Kid, 12 years old February 11, 2011

Tweens and Teens Will Love it.

This game is one of the best on the ps3. The concern of violence should be put into small consideration. You can kill people then blood can be seen but it is nothing to be worried about. During the game you can hear swear words and also at the beginning the main character is seen drinking beer, nothing big there though. It is also easy to play, my friend came over and he picked it up and beat a chapter.
Kid, 10 years old November 7, 2010

Good for kids who want a action game.

Way better than the original, and more appropriate.Parents wont like the shooting, but most of the game is obstacles, and the only langauge is like one s word, but the rest is mild.
Teen, 17 years old Written byGame Pegis December 7, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written byPamuKenway June 2, 2016

The best game out there

Uncharted 2 is awesome. But that's selling it shortly. I could go on for days but you don't have that much time so I will run over topics and it should give you an idea of what the game is. Story and characters: The story is incredible and well thought out and the voice acting is awesome and it feels like a movie at times and it is also very funny and light-hearted. Ease of play: It's incredibly smooth and the controls are generic and super easy to use, especially if you have played other shooter games. Graphics: Stunning. The scenery is incredibly detailed and wonderful to look at. It's quite natural to just stop in the middle of a gunfight to view the scenery. Violence: Now there is some shooting like Nathan Drake can use short guns and full auto rifles, lob grenades and there is lots of melee combat too with sneak attacks but none of this is too bad because your child probably saw worse violence than this. Sex: There is not much, but there is one scene where Nathan's ex-girlfriend Chloe Frazer climbs on top of Nathan suggestively and then it goes off screen and there are of couple of time Nathan almost kisses and he does once in the ending but this is normal to see in movies, tv shows and games. Your kids can handle it. Language: There is some foul language like a**hole, son of a b*tch, goddamn, d*ck, cr*p and sh*t but this kind of language is actually funny and is not very dangerous for young ages. Drinking/smoking: In the starting, people drink beer and Drake's best friend Victor "Goddamn" Sullivan smokes a cigar but yet again, not a huge problem. I should add on a side note that there is multiplayer, where people can play around the world and it's very fun. But there may be a few privacy issues as people may trick you into revealing information in the form of messages you can send to other people but this problem is not big as you can always choose to not play multiplayer; the single player campaign is so good you can play it multiple times. Conclusion: It's a great game for ages 10 and up, CSM exaggerated (as usual) and it's overall an amazing experience with brilliant setpieces, soundtracks, characters and it feels like an incredible journey as you climb breaking walls and shoot your way to treasure with amazing puzzles and beautiful sceneries. This game is so amzaing, breathtaking and I don't think there will ever be a game like this. Thank you Naughty Dog for this amazing game, you guys the best game developer in the world.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTangyTigerShark May 1, 2016

Suprisingly iffy

when i first played this game I was actually surprised with is cussing and violence I was blown away I mean it was rated T so i wasn't expecting much but when u start the game just immediately there is blood all over u and ur cussing like a giraffe (giraffes don't cuss but you know wat i mean.) Once you get out you start shooting people but ya know thats normal (for video games) So then everythings pretty ack to normal.
Kid, 12 years old February 27, 2016
I think its a really good game and the fact that it has puzzles makes the shooting alright. The game revolves around hand to hand combat, shooting and puzzles. There is moderate language like sh*t, ass-hole and damn. There are cutscenes which contain graphic scenes which shows Drake getting shot and blood spilling out. There is a scene where a lady (Chloe) is sitting seductively on top of Drake and they are on a bed. However, i don't think that should put you off buying as you can skip scenes. I think this is a really cool game for 13 and over.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycyrus2 July 2, 2015

uncharted

Awesome game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but a little too much violence
Teen, 14 years old Written byDa_masta_snipa February 8, 2015

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves...the best game EVER!

This game is amazing. It's like a playable movie. There is some suggestive scenes. In one scene, Chloe climbs on top of Nate (both are fully clothed) and straddles him. They proceed to make out. There is some dialogue that suggests that the two have had sex. There is plenty of violence and blood, in one scene a character has been shot and is laying against a rock. The main antagonist Lazarevic "puts him out of his misery". The main character is shot, blood is shown. A man accidentally kills himself. The main character detonates resin in a tree, killing the main antagonist. There is plenty of swearing, including sh*t, son of a b*tch, hell, ass, p*ssy, damn. There is minor drinking.