All parent member reviews for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Parent Written byThe Honest Reviewer November 12, 2011

Honest Review

Wow, just wow. This game is amazing, just AMAZING. Lets start off by saying Sully and crew are back. With a couple new villians and enemies. Graphics: Amazing, beautiful landscapes even when your underground, for the first time ever (except for Uncharted 2) when characters go in the water there pants get wet, getting a little carried away, in fact there many little things that will please and then there are the huge epic moments like jumping out of planes or crawling through a desert to find water. Gameplay: Naughty Dog has never really been good with shooting mechanics, there not bad but there not great. And I found myself getting a little frustrated on some levels with cheap enemies or many of enemies that surround you, that being said there are many parts where you use Stealth, Strategic advancements, and the AI are very smart in this game there not dumb. They will throw grenades at you if you stay in cover for to long so watch out for that. Violence: Most of the time in this game the main character Drake, kills in self defense when he is in danger, but on the other hand he also wants his treasure back and wants to get to the main treasure first. This comes with many casualties. Swearing: in this game uses words like "s**t" and "son of a b***h", not something kids dont hear at school or possibly at home on T.V. etc. Role models: in this game are good guys, wanting to find treasures and dont want to kill anyone if they dont have to. The characters in this game use plenty of humor and its actually pretty funny, some sexual jokes "why do you make everything sound so dirty". Educational: because there are plenty of puzzles good ones to, some even I the great puzzle person could not do. But luckily it will ask you if you want to pass on the puzzle if it takes to long. All in all this game is a 9.5/10 for sure.
Parent Written bythepedens November 8, 2011

Cinematic game play

Feels like you're really Drake and is the best fantasy game out there hands down. Yes there's violence and killing, but it's a fantasy game so you should be able to discuss this with kids fifteen and up and they should know the difference. Very well thought out story line and presentation with cliffhangers at every turn, so it will be hard to pry them away from this one... Online play is more violent than the single player story line play. Online - not much story other than find treasure at all costs - violence and killing.
Parent Written bygamer45 February 22, 2012

uncharted 3 for kids?

This game has combat that includes guns, but i think it's fine for ages 11+. Even so, you should talk to your kids about this game before playing it.
Adult Written byargueta December 11, 2011

really good game with not so many bad things

the graphics of the game are awsome, but this game contains a bunch of bad words. Violence is not so bad, it contains few blood. The game contains puzzles and mazes wich is proven to make you smarter without you even knowing. The game contains a few scenes of sully smoking, and a scene when you are in a bar you see beer, i give this game 12 and up.
Parent Written byAngela Beesly July 28, 2013

A good game

This is a great game with great reviews. When I discovered this game in my sons game collection I started watching videos on youtube and I thought that it was really too violent. I talked to my 15 year old son about this and he really thought that it was strange that inhad seen so much violence in the video, and when he saw it he explained that it was the multiplayer mode, and in that mode the point is just killing, and he showed me some single player gameplay and I saw that it actually wasn't just about killing there are many enigmas to solve by yourself and the voice acting is really good, it's like a very long movie where you can control the main character, Nathan Drake. Drake is a very good person who cares a lot about his friends and he's not a guy who likes to kill. That's my opinion as an overcontrol-mother.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byyoungpug February 16, 2012

Great game but...

This is a great game but it may be inappropriate for children due to guns, violence and minor swearing. The upside is that during game play there are educational trials that must be completed in order to continue to the next stage. Other than the swearing, Nathan makes a positive role model.
Parent Written byAbel1212 January 16, 2012

indiana Jones whit guns

This game isn't really bad, its just like an Indiana Jones movie but whit guns, yes they are some cuss words but nothing you wouldn't see in a pg-13 movie, and the protagonist (Nathan Drake) isn't a coldblooded thief you would think he is, hes actually carved out to be a compassionate hero who cares more about his friends than treasure. And as far as game play goes the graphics and game play are superb.
Parent Written bynicechild123454321 November 6, 2011

good

it's violent but it is like watching indiana jones
Adult Written bytheemeraldgolem/ August 1, 2015
LEARNING

Violent, frustrating but good.

This game has lots of very violent scenes snapping necks shooting stabbing. It is also very hard on campaign making it frustrating but puzzles make it cryptic and educational. It is mostly fun because of the parkoure and free running in the game.
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byStephen the great April 22, 2013

11+

Excellent game has barely any blood or language! Any child who has seen an indiana jones film will be able to play it.
Adult Written byfullmetaljacko January 5, 2016

Clever...

By no means is this game inappropriate for children: although it contains some drug references and snapping necks and shooting iffy language and sex,it is great for learning and it teaches you problem solving and hand eye coordination!
Adult Written byJacobTC June 16, 2015
LEARNING

cool game but deffenatly not for young children

not very much sex stuff,but a lot of voilence and cussing
Parent of a 9, 12, 14, and 17 year old Written byESRB April 28, 2015

Drake

Parent Written bynoahg1 January 14, 2015

Why would this be for 15 year olds?

Now, who ever said this game is for 15 year olds, are crazy or over sensitive. This game, while yes, is violent, is one of the greatest games in one of the greatest series. This game can be enjoyed from people 8 to 100. It is action packed, not sexual at all, and there is maybe one or two times they ssay the s word. I go this for my 8 year old with his PS3 a while ago, and we will be getting Uncharted 4.
Adult Written byeliram874 June 9, 2014

Awsome story line still insulting

this game is very well made good story line problems with this game for Christians are the following you enter in catacombs(imaginary) where crusaders where berried which are considered holy whether catholic or orthodox and desecrate the dead to take other medals to find clues to the other road. there is way too many uses of the name of the Lord in vain i mean I lost count. if you get the game of the year edition the problem is also that in multiplayer whether in coop or coop arena you fight in (a fort) that was before a monks monestary as well as there is a huge problem because you also fight inside an abandined church in cooperative adventures mode which you need to shoot the bells kill people and finally open the window so that you can go to the net room and unfortunetly before going to the net room you need to step in the window where there is an image of the consecrated heart. you kill zombies(shoot the dead) don't bother buying this game it has highly sacrilegious elements. There are other games if you want to play. this is too insulting
Parent of a 18 year old Written bydaddy60000 August 19, 2013

OK FOR 8 YEAR OLDS

this game is fine for kids
Parent of a 13 year old Written bywatchfulguardian32 June 2, 2013

The uncharted series keep getting better and better

Drake is a talented funny induvidual in this game franchise. It is true that he kills people but it only because he is forced. He is also a treasure hunter who solves puzzles and riddles left by previous explorers. This is one of the best games I have ever played in my life.
Parent Written byTheDad99 January 28, 2013

Great game

I certainly think that it's a 10+ game because when I let my 4 yr old son play this game and he beat it himself even though He is a gamer.(it was on mute) after the game he did not act Anything like a character of the game... I strongly recommend this game.
Adult Written byBrioCyrain May 6, 2012

Immensive Game

One of the best multiplayer games ever, with a story mode that rivals that of the greatest hollywood titles.
Parent Written bythe good guy123456 January 21, 2012