Kid reviews for Watch Dogs

Thrilling but very violent, mature high-tech tale.

Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2014

The honest truth

(Visit the ESRB website for the reason behind the "M" rating)

Okay, lets begin with the fact that some of the other reviews written by kids on here are "iffy." My parent originally read the reviews here which was the deciding factor on me getting this game. It was a whole different experience. To start, I was taken by surprise with the whole "human trafficking thing." There is a section in act one or two (acts are like sections in Watch_Dogs) where you go undercover into the heart of an auction house where people bid on young women. They all stand on a circular platform and occasionally shift to their left, while topless. You eavesdrop and spy on people talking about them bidding for "that one" because she looks "new" and "full of potential." This is not a cut scene, so you cannot skip it. Rape and sexual slavery is a reoccurring topic throughout the area. The second (and now put into perspective, less terrible) thing that I noticed is that there are some darker themes. The main character, Aiden Pierce, had his six year old niece targeted and killed by a groub which leans on the border between a neighborhood gang and a terrorist operation. There are a handful more, but contain spoilers, so I'll keep my silence. Overall, I think that you really need to know who will be playing this and what impacts may come from it. Again, I really suggest visiting the ESRB website for the unbiased review of this and many other games.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRedneckgamer June 1, 2014

Amazing, but come on.

Alright I'm 13 not trying to be an adult, and I think it is a great game but yall
Don't care about that. There is violence, in between gta and cod, barely any gore but still violence none the less. Free roaming there is very little sexual content. During the campaign, that's another story there are plenty of remarks and like the description said, topless women. Besides that that's about it. But I can almost guarantee that your teen has seen it before, schools these days are just as bad with a girl in my class pregnant already, not getting your child this game won't protect them at all.

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeo34 January 30, 2015

Good but...

This game is pretty good
It has great graphics, great game play and a good story. The only problem is that it lags a little. You can be a villain that kills everybody (bad guys and civilians) or a vigilante that kills only bad guys. The choice is yours. It is like GTA but hacking is what makes it different than GTA. Your weapons are guns and hacking. As hacking goes you can pretty much hack everything electronic through your phone. The game is rated mature. I think it is over rated because there is violence but the violence is used in fighting the bad guys. Also the game is not based on violence. So overall I think it should be rated 12 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTurttleReview June 4, 2014

An honest review, Its all about trust

Im just going to tell you the truth thare is some nudity and sexual references throughout the game, but are avoidable and or skip able its all about trusting your child to skip it it also features a good or bad system, a good idea is to say if it goes into bad you take it away for some time there is also alot of language like the F-word s, Hell and multipul others nothing they wont hear at school

Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox April 29, 2015

Watch Dogs

The sex in this game is not bad.If you hack into someones phone you can see if they buy condoms. Some topless women, breasts only though. And the violence is pretty subtle for an m rated game, shootouts hand to hand combat blood is VERY hard to see. And the language is somewhat mature. f--k ass bitch damn hell but this is not frequent. There is a lot of drinking but this is avoidable! Okay for 12+

Teen, 13 years old Written byMorgiman April 9, 2015

Very Good Game!!! Amazing

Violence isnt a big deal its not realistic
Swearing is common but if you know the words and your mature enough not say them its not a deal.
The Game is AMAZING!!!
If i was a parent id let my kid play it at 9 under little supervision
ITS AMAZING IF YOUR A PARENT OR KID WANTING TO KNOW ABOUT THIS GAME ITS AMAZING

Teen, 17 years old Written byLovingParent9 March 16, 2015

Great for 12 and up

12 and up kids are mature enough for this game, the sex vibe is overrated, meaning that there is no sex in this game except for one mission where you fight criminals who are selling nude women for money, but they are blurred out. I never heard one swear in this game, in the missions there may be a few, but in freeplay it is swear-free. Personally i think 12 and up is a great age for this game, other parents may be over protective for the games they play, seeing how the game overrates most of the mature content in this game. 11 is on the edge of playing. maybe 11 years old should only play freeplay, but 12 years old are mature for this game this is like a turn to if you are hesitating to get your child gta, but you see that they want it cause of the freeplay, get this game. its basically the exact same, but without the constant swearing, nudity, and violence. this would be a great game for parents who have kids who want GTA's freeplay, but its to violent for you to approve, this game is the exact same, but with hacking, and much more appropriate for kids. the age limit should still be 12 and up though, the game is definitely appropriate for ages 12 and up, and i think other parents agree.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygamereviewerofficial February 28, 2015

Good game

I have only finished this game 3 weeks ago. It is very appropriate for kids aged. 11 and up as the only inappropriate mission is in an auction.

Teen, 14 years old Written byIrdray2019 February 12, 2015

Teens are ok

I found this game very easy to play, but at some scenes not so good for kids. There are 6 or 7 uses of the word s***, 3 uses of the word f***, 2 uses of the word a**hole, and 1 use of the word d***. Most teens should be able to play; especially advanced teens for their ages. Young kids or teens who are behind for their age should not play.
Both Dialog and subtitles can be turned off in the options menu, so you don't really have to worry that much when it comes to bad language.
There is no nudity, the game is not at all gory, and most of the bad language uses are optional.

Teen, 15 years old Written byAK-fighter November 16, 2014

Very Great

Intense Violence............ Some nudity............lots of Profanity................. lil bit drinking.............. sexual references............ over all awesome

Teen, 14 years old Written byCyro Ford June 1, 2014

Watch dogs review

OK Watch dogs this game has no blood at all except cut scenes which can be skipped there is sexual parts like infiltrating peoples houses and seeing what they are doing but thats up to your child if hes gonna do it or not dont get him the game if hes gonna look at other people theres also woman being held up for auction in one level where breasts are seen all you have to do then is look down and wait for the conversation between the the bad guys to end then leave again its up to your child the language in the game is ALOT no lie but make the spoken language spanish and the subtitles english that way the language doesnt affect your child violence is a choice non lethal or lethal if you are detected your gonna have to be lethal stay hidden and then you can be non lethal but in this are there is no xtreme violence like gore and limbs falling of no its not that type of game the game is fun and yeah discuss it with your Dad or mom and make a choice together so yeah Great game

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheOneTitan May 28, 2020

Worry about Act 2 parents

So I love this game and have been playing it for years. Like my Fallout 4 review, I started playing a lot earlier than I should of. Parents let me say I DO NOT RECCOMEND LETTING YOU'RE KIDS PLAY M GAMES IF YOU DO NOT TRUST HE/SHE IS READY. So the reason why I said "Worry about act 2" is that it includes Human Trafficking. The bad stuff starts at Mission 11 "Into the Abyss" you kill a man named Chespin who was going to the Auction. You then go to a Mens Club for the "Poppy Special". Who is a women who was worried that Chespin (You stole his identity so she thinks you are Chespin) was going to rape her. You then reveal that you are not Aiden (Note it shows a small amount of nudity including her butt and breasts) And you get a note. Then you go to the auction the main problem is that it shows lots of breast but nothing else. You can mostly ignore it. And that's mostly the end of nudity. You could just do this quest so that you're child does not have to do this.

Kid, 12 years old May 4, 2020

AWESOME!

I have this game nd it is great. The violence is not that bad and you can kill civilians but your reputation goes down. In the game you re a vigilante (you catch criminals for those of you who don't know what is means) and you can shoot and kill them but you can also melee them and its not lethal. There is language but you can turn the volume down. There is other stuff but I am not going to go deep into it. If you cant play GTA 5 like me you should play this.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheVenomousSnake March 15, 2020

I first played this when I was about 9 and owned it on my Xbox when I was 10 and Now I am 14 but this game isn’t really that bad. It has strong language, lot of violent, Little bit of drugs and Alcohol and a little bit of Nudity. And I’m able to understand what’s going on in the game so it’s okay for kids that are at least 14-16 I would say

Read what I said at the top.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheVenomousSnake March 15, 2020

Now I am 14 but this game isn’t really that bad. It has strong language, lots of violent, drugs and alcohol and a little bit of Nudity. And I’m able to understand what’s going on in the game so it’s okay for kids that are at least 14-16 I would say

Read what I said at the top.

Kid, 12 years old June 26, 2019

The best game I've ever played

I'll say it: this is the best game ever to exist, if you ask me. It was so entertaining and the controls weren't even hard to learn. Of course, there is the swearing, with frequent use of the f-bomb, s-word and more. There are scenes with topless women, and whenever you shoot somebody, blood forms on the corpse, but it isn't as gory as Resident Evil. Otherwise, there are moments with drinking games, betting, shootings, and take-downs (which occurs quite often.) Although, this game is my favorite, and I highly recommend it to anyone!

Teen, 14 years old Written byMichaelbjr November 4, 2018

Watch dogs

Same get your kid ready for GTA games when they are 15
Teen, 13 years old Written byJunior2194 May 30, 2018

Good game for mature audiences

There is frequent strong language including f**k and sh*t theres lots of violence no gore but bloody some alcohol use. There is this story mission where topless woman are on a stage and getting sold. Also your a vigilante so its kinda for the common good.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCharlie C April 22, 2018

Great game but not for younger players

Watchdogs is a game where you have to travel through Chicago taking down gangs and other evildoers. You CAN just run around killing people but you have an in-game reputation that goes down when you kill/injure civilians or police officers (there are also ways to kill them without ruining reputation but they are obscure). There are a few scenes of sex but you don't really see anything and you don't have to watch and you can just move on. There is few side missions where you have to take drugs to do them and then you can go around Chicago as a huge mechanical spider or running around killing zombies.

Teen, 13 years old Written byNerdygamer0605 March 19, 2018

Great, but time consuming

A good game, it will take a while to complete the whole story, it took me over 7 weeks. It has a large "sex" scene as you would say, its very suggestive, and not good for the child brain. I dont want to spoil too much, but they are basically autioning girls. which to me was horrible, and disgusting. The voilence is definetly there, shooting, blood effects, with a whole slurry of weapons. But it could also have a good message if you look into it. (but im not gonna select that in the "know how") but you could stop criminals by tackling them and incapacitiating them, and returning the persons lost or stolen items. BUT. the whole hacking premise can possibly put a whole new mindset in your childs mind, if they arent mature enough to know right from wrong. wiring money from bank accounts is a horrible message, and should never be done in real life. and another dreading factor is that you can steal cars as well.

Great game, just dont hand a kid under the age of 16 the controller