Kid reviews for Yo-Kai Watch

Fun happy-"ghost"-lucky game helps kids deal with emotions.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 13 years old Written byPickles3 January 4, 2016

I love it!

It is a really fun game, I enjoyed playing it a lot. I definitely recommend this to someone who is looking for something different.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMitten2002 March 23, 2016

Parents guide: Yo-Kai Watch

Yo-Kai watch is an incredible game. In it, you play as a boy, who battles and befriends mischievous spirits called Yo-Kai. If you're worried about the fact that they're spirits. The majority of Yo-Kai are similar in the fact that they're spirits only, you can't tell that they're spirits by appearance. And, the ones left out of that majority are just cartoony ghosts. One thing some parents might be worried about is that there is a few yo-kai based off of the devil. But only in name and appearance, there is no devilish dialogue. Some Yo-Kai can be a bit creepy, and the story's a bit eerie. -Mitten2002

Kid, 12 years old March 24, 2018

The best game on the market.

When I first got Yo-kai Watch, I thought it was a rip-off of Pokemon. I started playing, and it was very good. The graphics are great, game play is amazing, and story is entertaining. I like how you don't directly choose what your Yo-kai do, but rather just give them guidelines. Also, rare yo-kai hunting has more to it than chucking a bunch of Ultra Balls. I have spent a lot of time rare yo-kai hunting, and it is a fun and rewarding experience. Any fan of Pokemon, LBX, or Fire Emblem should get this.

Kid, 10 years old May 7, 2017

You Better WATCH out Nintendo you have a great selling game!

Yo-kai watch is by far one of my favorite monster catching games on the 3DS! It could expand a child's mind by the puzzles in the game Make friends more easily and help a child to fight out negative emotions while either hanging out with you're yo-kai friends or helping you're human friends out! In this silly game you can play as a boy named Nate Adams or a girl named Katie Forester. *Spoilers ahed* Yo-kai inspirit people or encourage people to do both positive things and negative things. So if you need to go pee blame the Yo-kai! You meet you're first yo-kai who is gonna be important to the story named Whisper. This Ghostly character is you're yo-kai butler and will help you throughout the game with funny puns and more! There are loveable Yo-kai in this game like The Orange Cat Jibanyan and The Cute Komainu or should I say Komainus brothers Komasan and Komajiro. But there are some pretty scary and tough you-kai to fight such as The Oni Trio and Slimander. But as long as you believe in your yo-kai friends you and you're team will surely win! But for parents some of the yo-kai are based off of things you might be concerned of such as Beezlebold. But there is no bad language so don't worry. *No More Spoilers* It might not be Pokémon but it sure is good! Instead of catching the monsters or Yo-kai in the game you befriend them instead. They give you a medal to show a sign of friendship. *More Spoilers!* Here is when the yo-kai watch comes in. Whisper gives you a thing called the yo-kai watch that can help you summon a yo-kai friend by simply placing the medal into the watch. *And No More Spoilers* I think Yo-Kai Watch would be a great game for anybody really! But some yo-kai designs have made me decide it is rated 10+ But for parents with younger kids... Be ready to explain that yo-kai don't exsist!

Teen, 13 years old Written byMich G December 5, 2016

A amazing game

Yo-kai watch is possibly one of my favourite games for the 3DS. It is educational, the tv show is twice as educational. ect. I am already post game -Infinite inferno completed. on Ogralus -beat him once-- and there is lots of use. This game is worth completing. as you play through the game, battling cheeky yokai, doing quests, escaping from demons. and saving the world from terrible and mischevious Yo-kai. Truly the best!

Kid, 9 years old September 19, 2018

AMAZING Game!

Really fun and addictive game. You could literally play for hours and never get tired.

Teen, 13 years old Written byFlippy12052004 April 29, 2018

One of the best games I have ever played. Period.

This game is fantastic, hands down. At first, I thought that it was going to be a half-baked Pokemon rip-off, but I realised it was by LEVEL-5, creators behind Professor Layton and Ni-no-kuni. That raised my expectations a little. I then started playing it, and I was blown away. The graphics were really good for a 3DS in 2015, and they supported 3D, unlike Pokemon. The battles were awesome, combining difficulty, strategy, and luck with the Soultimate move timing and auto attack RnG. I quickly showed this to my friends, some of which dismissed it as a ripoff while others were amazed with the game. Overall, Yo-kai Watch is an awesome game, which everybody who likes RPGs and mythology should play!

Kid, 11 years old September 6, 2016

Yo-Kai Watch

Yo-kai watch is about the hero going around and making ghostly friends to help fight the antagonistic, larger, boss yo-kai. This game does have mild violence and can become a rage game after the yo-kai you have been chasing appears, and does not friend you. It is part of a large Japanese trend and is one of the best-selling games.
Kid, 11 years old May 16, 2016