All teen and kid member reviews for 10 Things I Hate About You

Kid, 12 years old October 9, 2012

It was interesting...

This is a pretty good movie, I'd say. The fact that it is a modern adaptation of one of Shakespeare's plays gives it a deeper meaning, but some parts of the plot are unrealistic. Sometimes you feel like characters are getting back together or breaking up too quickly, and this gives the movie a sense of unreality, but it was alright otherwise. There is quite a bit of drinking (at a party organized by one of the teens) and Kat starts dancing on a table, throwing up soon afterwards. She flashes her breasts at a teacher to make a distraction, although there's no nudity. There's also quite a few sexual innuendoes, including a guidance counsellor who is always writing steamy novels instead of actually listening to her students. Overall though, it's a pretty good movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byEllie-Donovan15 July 17, 2016

...

it's an amazing film and you feel for the characters but the ending was a let down, it was to quick and wasn't really what you'd expect. Overall I'd recommend
Teen, 15 years old Written bythePrettyDead June 24, 2016

WHYYYYYYY is it OVER??????

The title of this review was my reaction when this movie ended. It makes you laugh out loud, happy, angry, and it surely makes you cry. Just watch it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymarianuchiss April 24, 2016

10 Thing I Hate About You

I saw it a couple of weeks ago. My mom told me to watch it without my sister first (whose 14). The movie is really well made and relatable. Teens 13+ are OK with this movie, even younger kids it just depends on how much they know about sex and relationships. They make some references to dicks and sex but if your child is OK with all that, there is no problem. They don't show anyone having sex, they just mention it. My sister watched later on with me and she also liked it. There is also stuff to learn from the movie, both main characters show different personalities that represent people's different way of thinking. The oldest is always trying to help her sister and is always careful of who she dates and stuff she does. On the other hand, the younger sister is really hyper and all she wants is to date the jock of the school, after a while she starts realizing she deserves better. This movie is good for any age depending on what they know about the subject. This is one of my favourite movies of all times, anyone would enjoy this movie and just have a laugh.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysmudge1017 November 9, 2015

Really Good Movie

I saw this movie for the first time when I was 11. It references some things that may be inappropriate for a younger audience, but overall it isn't so bad. Kat goes to a party and gets drunk and her father makes her wear a pregnancy stomach when she goes out. Overall, a pretty good movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFrostire September 21, 2015

Good Movie for Mature Audiences

It's a good movie, but it has a lot of bad language and sexual jokes.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymisumi May 25, 2015

a great film for teens

I find this film better than clueless and mean girls because it has positive role models and is funny as well :) there is some light sex talk and language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byshanzae1 May 13, 2015

One of my favourite movies!!!

This has got to be one of my most favourite movies of all time, when I first watched it, I rewatched it 5 times because it was so good. I love the cast and I am a huge Heath Ledger fan because of this movie. I recommed all teens who are starting highschool watch this. You will not be disappointed!
Teen, 15 years old Written byJflores14 October 24, 2014

Classic remake of play will please teens

This fun and light-hearted teen friendly comedy, is perfect for those who love a touching and funny romance. There is plenty of sexual innuendo, coarse language, and alcohol use for parents to work for tweens and young teens. CONTENT: Violence: one girl punches her boyfriend in the nose(played for laughs) Sex: references abound and are used in almost every sequence. One teacher writes a novel that is erotic and some lines are shared with viewers(quivering membrane). One girl talks about how she had sex with a guy and said she wasnt ready and he dumped her because of it. After this she threatens to tell others about his small d**k. At a party teens makeout heavily. A teen finds out someone drew a non-graphic image of a penis on his face. One girl flashes her bare breasts to her teacher(We see his reaction, but no nudity) language: numerous uses of D**k, s**t, b*tch, crap, damn, hell, ass, and pissed. The b-word is used frequently and in numerous situations. drug use: there is a teacher who is shown to supposedly take drugs and teens drink and get drunk at a party MY RATING: PG-13/ for crude and sexual material, language, and drug/alcohol use- involving teenagers
Teen, 13 years old Written byLordepureheroin October 21, 2014

Dissapointing

It was OK heath ledger did very well. As has been said drinking drugs smoking sex references all the normal things for teen movies. The scene were Kat bears her breast is pretty sexist. Overall it wasnt THAT good but it was worth watching
Teen, 16 years old Written byG30rg!3 April 25, 2014

Smart and savvy shakespeare adaptation that will have teens craving the '90s

I really enjoy watching this film - it doesn't patronise teens by assuming that everything must be explained carefully and the characters are real & releasable. The main character, whilst annoying to others in the film, is wonderful to watch, and Julia Stiles sparkles as the moody, sarcastic teenager. Heath Ledger, Joseph Gordon Levitt and many more grace this great movie, bringing amusing performances all the way through. You know it's a great film when even the most minor of the characters is the best they can be. All in all, I think that this is a film to treasure, and may provoke interest in reading the actual work that it is based on.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysangster April 14, 2014

Love the movie

This is one of my favorite movies, it's great! Yes, there's a party where they drink and one of the caracters smoked, but it's not excessive, there's kissing and talking about sex. The girls' dad is a great role model for teenagers also. I highly recommend this movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byRyanGoslingLover November 14, 2013

Amazing Movie

This movie was great! A very modern storyline. The character of Kat and her relationship with Patrick is truly something special. The performance by Heath Ledger as Patrick is breathtaking and truly shows his versatility as an actor. While there are some references to se and drugs as well as some questionable language, the movie is really about being who you want to be, not what everyone else expects you to be.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMadaMarch92 November 6, 2013

Heath Ledger Baby!

This film is hilarious by all standards, a very good adaptation of Taming of the Shrew and is a classic of the 90's, and, Heath Ledger, this boy grew up to play The Joker so by all means it has my immediate respect. A predictable plot is fixed by brilliant acting and representation of teenage actions and situations, and, even better; there is an ending after the prom! So, more than your typical movie!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byPoetic Ramblings September 12, 2013

Not Bad

Worth a watch, not my favorite.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycinnagurl March 3, 2013

10 things i hate about u

Heath Ledger and Joseph Gordon-Levitt? what is there not to like?
Teen, 15 years old Written bycutecoolgirl2000 August 30, 2012

ok movie

I'm 15 and thought it was ok, it wasn't terrible, it wasn't one of the best movies, It does show teenagers drinking and smoking and have swearing in so i've given it a 12 because most 12 year olds know it all anyway, I wouldn't say it's a great idea to show it to children younger than 12 because it's a bit innapropriate and they probably wouldn't understand it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIllyrienne June 9, 2012

Best high school movie EVER!!!

This film has got to be my favourite high school flick of all time! It's funny, edgy, and has a great message: you don't have to do what other people are doing or say you should do. Kat is a brilliant role model, if a little... blunt sometimes. All the other characters are fabulous and it is well worth watching. :D
Kid, 12 years old January 2, 2012

Some Iffy Stuff But Over All Great Movie!

This is probably my favorite movie EVER! It made me laugh out loud and it had a sweet ending that will please everyone. As for sexual stuff, a jerky guy is using Bianca for sex, but she doesn't know it yet. The same jerky guy had a bad sexual experience with Kat when they where in 9th grade. Kat flashes a teacher to get Patrick out of detention, but nothing is shone. Lots of making out and kissing. As for drinking, there is lots of it at a typical high school party, in which one character dances on top of a table and then throws up. Again I loved this movie, and man I miss Heath Ledger! R.I.P Heath :(
Teen, 15 years old Written byTotally500 November 27, 2011

10 things i love this movie

This movie was such a good movie with agreat cast that can say anthing they hate