Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for 101 Dalmatians

Lovable cartoon classic with cute dogs and a mean villain.

Adult Written bySonia Montejano April 9, 2008

woof!

some of the scenes with Cruella might be a little frightening to younger kids..
Adult Written byGhcool April 9, 2008
Parent of a 1 and 4 year old Written bymagnolia72 June 3, 2009

"you idiot"

my 4 year old started calling everyone "you idiot" after watching this

Parent of a 4 year old Written bymelmai March 4, 2015
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe May 26, 2010

A Dog-gone good time!

Adorable! I have loved this movie for as long as I can remember and still view it occasionally! I think it's a classic that will always stand the test of time :) For the youngest of children I could see how Cruella De Ville might scare them with her wicked ways so depending on the maturity of your child, you may want to withhold this movie until they are ready. But to me the positive influences of Pongo and Purdy are so endearing, that they would save not only their children but so many more. This movie should be viewed by everyone!

Parent of a 4 year old Written byehernandezmn October 13, 2009

Comedy, action and suspense for the little ones.

Classic movie. There is a fair bit of smoking, and might be a bit scary for sensitive ones. The use of the word 'idiot' might put some off.

Parent of a 2 year old Written byJenniferP 6 May 19, 2015

Best film ever

I'm 6 and I love the movie! It's absolutely the best film ever. Cruelly De Vill is a not too scary villain unlike the other Disney movies.
Adult Written byannaj77 February 15, 2016

Poor role models but can create a conversation for older kids

I'm surprised no-one brought up the fact that it is set in modern day, yet the woman stops working when she gets married. This totally out-dated way of living seems so odd here. My little kids loved it. They laughed, cried, hid behind a pillow and then laughed some more. It can be a little scary but they loved that the bad guys were tricked by the animals. Older children might want to talk about male/female choices and what marriage means to them. I'm not sure that it's a good message for little ones. But maybe parents' roles are more important for them anyway.
Adult Written byMommyMovieReviews May 1, 2012

Yes 101 times over!

This is one of the most charming Disney movies ever made! How wonderful is it that Perdita and Pongo would go SO far and do SO much to save not only their pups but a whole lot more! Cruella might scare really young children, and lets face it, she's pretty scary! But overall kids of all ages can enjoy this movie!

Parent of a 17 and 17 year old Written bypoppinsfan August 14, 2015

Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008
Parent of a 2 year old Written bySeven07 July 4, 2009

cute story

My younger brother loved it, but as far as the movies I allow my daughter to watch, I try to limit them to educational as much as possible.

Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

One of the best Disney films!

Wish they still made 'em like this classic!
Adult Written bygerbothfamily April 9, 2008
Adult Written byEsteban April 9, 2008
Adult Written byhitesman April 9, 2008

101 Dalmatians

This is a movie that the whole famly can sit down to enjoy. There is a little vilence toward the puppys but not a bunch. I think it is a great movie for little kids to watch.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byBunglecat December 9, 2018

Great fun, funny and touching

My five-year old loved this film! We're dog owners, but it was more popular than I'd expected. Yes, Cruella is a little scary - especially watch out for the scene where she's involved in a car chase - so I probably wouldn't leave younger ones to watch this alone for the first time. But the animals helping each other is magical, and it sparked some really imaginative conversations in our house.

Adult Written byBethany R. November 20, 2018

One of my favorite Disney movies!

I love Cruella De Vil, Anita, & all the puppies! Excellent Disney movie for younger kids; one of the best classics of all time!