Parent reviews for 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi

Explosive take on politically charged topic is very violent.

Adult Written byKameran January 28, 2016

Outstanding!

I was on the edge of my seat and my heart was pounding almost the entire movie. Michael Bay did an amazing job of taking you out of theatre and putting you on the ground in Benghazi with these heros. It's captivating from the very beginning. It is a little gruesome and the language is intense. No sex, no innuendos. This movie is NOT for childeren but it an amazing movie for older and more mature teenagers and adults. I laughed, I screamed and I balled my eyes out. Keep in mind that this is a true story also so some kids might not be able to handle the fact that the events in this movie really did happen. The soldiers who were there in Bengahzi were on set when the movie was being filmed to make sure that the true story was told. But 13 Hours is an incredible movie and extremely moving.

Adult Written byvishnumurali123 January 19, 2016

Heartpouding!

Great movie of Michael Bay, it had really good action, and it told a great story. It's a true story, and even if it isn't, if would have been as good. It has some bloody violence, with some gore, like hands being blow of, and men getting mowed down with rpgs to pulp. Mature teenagers can handle it well, if they had seen other military movies. It's Michael Bay's best movie so far in this decade. There is some constant swearing, but it's not to bad.

Parent of a 14 and 16 year old Written byJosh.K95 March 28, 2016

Finally, a good Michael Bay Film

I think it's important for people to see the darker side of war and the themes involved in it. There is a lot of violence in the movie but overally I think that a mature and well-grounded 14 year old would be able to watch this movie -in fact, I think they would find some very good morals in it.

Parent of a 8 year old Written byChance M. February 15, 2018

Very politically neutral film, good.

This movie is very compelling emotionally and will keep you on the edge of your seat the entire time. The main characters are all very good and brave people and are willing to sacrifice their lives to save the lives of those in the camp. It is very violent though but common sense covered it all. Good movie.

Parent Written byTiffany P. July 10, 2017

Intense, attention-grabbing, war movie

This movie was a very intense and powerful story based on historical facts. The fact that it was based on a real situation, made it that much more riveting and intense. The movie has a significant amount of violence, including limbs being blown off and people being shown with very gory injuries. Significant amount of language, some drinking alcohol, but no nudity or sex. I think this would be an appropriate movie for the older teen or adult that's not bothered by Gory violence. Honestly I am not a fan of Gory violence or War movies, but this movie having a historical significance, and be written so well and acted out so well, was exceptional, and at times took my breath away.

Adult Written byKingfox.pk November 7, 2018
Adult Written byManuelNard August 7, 2018

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi

Best film ever! Huge respect for this special forces! They never gave up! I love this genre of movies. Always find something cool using boxxy software