All parent member reviews for 2 Guns

Parent of a 10 year old Written bymd89012407 August 5, 2013

No reason for kids to watch

My first review! A reasonably good buddy-cop movie with enough twists and turns to keep things interesting. Denzel W and Mark W keep the audience engaged with their dialogue and on screen personality. My concerns with the movie center mainly around the gratuitous violence. The two heroes are strung up and then tortured with blows from a baseball bat. While brief, it was a difficult scene for kids. One of the bad guys plays "Russian Roulette" with certain characters as he interrogates them. Plenty of gun violence, especially at the end of the movie where dozens die. There is also some sexual content. An acquaintance of ours brought their 10 year old daughter. I could not understand why somebody would do this, as there really was no redeeming quality about the movie for that age range. The themes, plot twists and motives of the characters are most likely above kids anyways.
Adult Written bydarthsitkur August 19, 2013

guns, lots of guns

tons of crazy action, tons of very big laughs, really hot chicks, stuff getting blown up, and guns, LOTS of guns lol, this movie had everything that the trailer had promised, and it is truly a guy's flick all the way lol
Adult Written byjoshua martinez August 3, 2013

16 and up.

this action/adventure movie 2 guns is an outstanding movie stars with your two great awesome actors Denzel Washington,and Mark Wahlberg with this being said the movie is fine enough but only for your older audiences to see and parents you need to know 2 guns has a lot of intense violence and the body count is high such as Explosions, close-range executions, torture, and hand-to-hand fighting although there is no sex scene shown but there is nudity shown in one scene where the women's breast is shown and she is topless characters used constant strong language and there is smoking and drinking used.
Parent of an infant, infant, infant, 10, 10, and 18 year old Written byParentofwisdom August 25, 2013

Nudity, Violence, Language , Horrible Movie

I saw this with my husband. we hated this movie. too violent, too much language and too much sexual content with nudity. we got a baby sitter for our kids and checked reviews before any kid could tell us its about talking guns haha.
Parent of a 10 and 14 year old Written bySbelli December 23, 2013

Great buddy movie and, other than language, isn't much worse than a PG-13 movie

Other than one brief nudity scene (cover your kids' eyes!), this isn't as bad as many other reviewers made it out to be. The violence is fairly bloodless. In fact, I'd say the violence itself would be fine for a PG-13 movie. The main issue here is language. And I'd say it's nothing a teenager wouldn't have heard at school, etc. As for the movie, I thought it was a blast. Funnier than I thought it would be and great chemistry with the leads. It's not a classic, but definately has good entertainment value.