Parent reviews for 20th Century Women

20th Century Women Poster Image

Mature

If your child is mature then this is probably an okay film. It’s 2017 and i suspect that every 14 year old knows about sex and certain drugs so the topics won’t be new to them. This movie focuses on many different characters which I personally loved because all of them had something different about them. A girl with cancer who loves to party. A mother who loves her son. A young girl who is way too wise for those around her. All teens think about sex therefore this movie isn’t morally wrong. (The teens don’t do anything, by the way.) However, there is a scene with two adults which may cause discomfort because of the age gap (the woman being in her late 20’s and the man in his late/early 40’s) or because there was dirty-but-not-so-dirty talk. I don’t know.

Great film for teens and above!

I'd reccomend this film for teens 14 and up. The language is no worse than what one would hear at school and the sex talk, while very frank, give insight into the time period. The film also showcases a tender, loving relationship between a mother and her son. It's a unique film that I feel teens could appreciate.